Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's wrong with the sales of Sega Genesis games lately?

Insert Coin (Level 0) nothingisttrue's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    Yeah, like Gaiares, Elemental Master, and Thunder Force III. M.U.S.H.A.'s cool, but I'd honestly rather play those games if it came down to it.

I have to say though, Robo Aleste on the SEGA CD (which I always assumed was a part of the same series as M.U.S.H.A.) is pretty goddamn awesome. Better than M.U.S.H.A., IMO, as those type of shooters go.
    MUSHA's big draw on the gameplay side is the balance of the total package. It's damn fine at what it does, though it doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything. Thunderforce 3/4 and Grenada ranks higher for me overall, TBH. Also, the A in MUSHA is for Aleste. Shmup fanatics love their Compile stuff. *shrugs* What ya gonna do?

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    Also, the A in MUSHA is for Aleste.
    Isn't it for Armor (at least in the US version)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SP4C3FL34
    PSN
    ArrowShockwave

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    Isn't it for Armor (at least in the US version)?
    Correct

M.U.S.H.A. - Metallic Uniframe Super Hybrid Armor
    Be Attitude For Gains...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

Those MUSHA prices are all inflated. Two months ago it was $45 complete on the Shmups Forum, and before that it was $60 at most. I'm keeping my shredded cart-only copy (with reprinted case insert and cart sticker to be used later), but MUSHA is no way in HELL a $250 game. This has to be Christmas-time desperation. If it stays at this price for long I would be incredibly surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoil
    I never understood why this track was called "Last Springsteen". Then it hit me, Bruce Springsteen goes under the nickname "The Boss"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MUSHA has always been expensive and very difficult to find. I place blame squarely at the distributer Seismic, who also made the hard to find R.C. Gran Prix for the SMS. I never saw MUSHA in the wild when it would have been available at places like Funcoland or any of the mom & pop used game stores. I was one of the many that had to resort to ebay.

I can see this fetching $150 or more given the rarity of a complete copy.

I am not sure of the value of other Compile shooters now, like the CD sequel Robo Aleste (mentioned already), SNES Space Megaforce, or SMS Power Strike...all pretty rare games in themselves.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

Quote Originally Posted by ifkz View Post
    MUSHA has always been expensive and very difficult to find. I place blame squarely at the distributer Seismic, who also made the hard to find R.C. Gran Prix for the SMS. I never saw MUSHA in the wild when it would have been available at places like Funcoland or any of the mom & pop used game stores. I was one of the many that had to resort to ebay.

I can see this fetching $150 or more given the rarity of a complete copy.

I am not sure of the value of other Compile shooters now, like the CD sequel Robo Aleste (mentioned already), SNES Space Megaforce, or SMS Power Strike...all pretty rare games in themselves.
    Robo Aleste, Space Megaforce, and Power Strike are all $30 games, as is Gun-Nac. Space Megaforce and Gun-Nac will go for more complete, but I saw a copy of Power Strike sit on eBay complete for at least a month before someone bought it for $30. If I had my Power Base Converter at the time I probably would have bought it. But really, if the reason for the price spike of any of these games is anything other than Christmas time craziness I'd be incredibly puzzled. Everyone has known about Compile forever. Is Zanac X Zanac going to jump to $400 or something now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoil
    I never understood why this track was called "Last Springsteen". Then it hit me, Bruce Springsteen goes under the nickname "The Boss"

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

MUSHA was not always this bad, not even close and no, it's not hard to find. Uncommon, yes, hard? No way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    If I hate shooters, why was I trying to score a Thunder Force I and II off of a dude in the Splatterhouse thread?

Don't assume shit about my tastes just because I don't have a photographic memory or the same mental store of fanboy minutinae you apparently do.
    Actions speak louder than words. I didn't assume anything, you just ran your mouth off about lumping in MUSHA as ho-hum generic fare such as Raiden which couldn't be further from the truth had you spent any reasonable time in Raiden. Nor did I say hate I said "dislike" so another thing is to consider where I'm coming from before you come off sounding like a whinner in response. If you don't like Raiden that's not my business so go nuts but don't trash games unless you can back it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    MUSHA was not always this bad, not even close and no, it's not hard to find. Uncommon, yes, hard? No way.
    I used to see it occassionally, and it was never too expensive. I've had several opportunities to buy it as well but I've passed pretty much every time. Most recently within the past year I had a chance to get it CIB for $50, which is about what I recalled the earlier market value being at.
    Last edited by fahlim003; 12-15-2011 at 11:10 PM.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!