Thread: JXD S7100 Android Tablet with tactile controls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default JXD S7100 Android Tablet with tactile controls

Pretty impressive and supposedly will sell for only $149. Check the video a little bit just before 4:00

Seeing the n64 games, the color and style... Wii U? lol

If you can map the buttons on the right to directional controls instead and the 2 buttons below them for fire/bomb... can play some shmups in tate too (just like on the GP2X F100/F200).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoHkQdnEyog

Just ordered a white one (available in black) from the isharegifts link below from dingoo-scene for $145 shipped to the US

http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/201...jxd-s7100.html

__________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

I saw this elsewhere, I don't remember where now. Maybe an announcement on The Gadgeteer.

Does it come with emulators already installed? If not, are they easy to find and install for Android? I have absolutely no Android experience, so I'm not sure if you can load apps without going through a store, or how all that works.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Although this looks cool I fear for the build quality of the buttons. That would either make it or break it for this gamer and I don't know why they decided to go with a very PSP like layout instead of making dual sticks as it seems like its going to limit what will run well emulation wise on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgagdae View Post
    I saw this elsewhere, I don't remember where now. Maybe an announcement on The Gadgeteer.

Does it come with emulators already installed? If not, are they easy to find and install for Android? I have absolutely no Android experience, so I'm not sure if you can load apps without going through a store, or how all that works.
    I've got a bunch of gadgets like these and they typically come loaded with a basic set of emulators. However the last JXD device I picked up was several years ago. Typically you want to install whatever the latest emulators the community has ported and improved upon.

However since this is android based, you can probably just grab the latest emus from the marketplace. In addition since this is a chinese device that hasn't been targeted for an official US release I'm thinking you don't need to go through hoops for root access.

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
    Although this looks cool I fear for the build quality of the buttons. That would either make it or break it for this gamer and I don't know why they decided to go with a very PSP like layout instead of making dual sticks as it seems like its going to limit what will run well emulation wise on it.
    I would agree with you if this was strictly a dingoo, caanoo, wiz, gp2x, gemei, pandora, etc etc like device (gaming only)... but since it's a tablet, even if the buttons aren't ideal its still miles better than using touch controls via virtual d-pads/sticks. Now those are absolutely garbage. If the Cortex A9 processor, capacitive touch and screen quality works out pretty well on this then my iPad2 is gonna gather dust minus a couple go arounds on the iCade. Lastly this thing is coming with android 2.2.... if it can upgrade to ice cream sandwich and maintain respectable performance, then game over until the next similar device comes out with even better tactile controls.

Last edited by StealthLurker; 12-27-2011 at 10:45 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Very very promising looking stuff from that video and the price is very right for a capacitive Android tablet with those specs.

I'll be very interested to see the reviews when these are in the hands of discerning users that can pick apart any of its shortcomings.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dr. BaconStein's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Posting in ancient thread, I know, but I couldn't find any other threads about this, and I've been seriously considering getting one of these for the past week or two since I re-discovered them on DealExtreme. I haven't been interested in getting any new game systems outside of clones for the past few years, but some of the Android games I've seen lately look particularly impressive, and supposedly you can play the more advanced games on one of these devices using the Chainfire 3D app. That, combined with the emulators and regular Android functionality, plus the price point make it seem well worth the purchase for me.

These come in several different form factors, BTW. Here is one of the more recent models from JXD, which resembles a PS Vita:

I always thought devices like the Caanoo and Dingoo looked cool, but they seemed a bit pricey to me and not really worth it just to emulate old games, so I got clones (which also make great novelty item/collectables sort of) instead. Now that there are Android devices on the market that do all that and more for what seems like a reasonable premium, I can't wait to try one.

If anyone's interested, here is JXD's site and their 2012 lineup. Yinlips also makes similar products, though you'll have to order them through DealExtreme or Willgoo as I could only find one of their devices on Amazon. You can search on YouTube to see more of the devices in action, running emulators, reviews, etc. They're quite impressive, imo.