Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2012 Finds!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mine isn't so much a find as a gift. I met up with a guy that I used to work with and he had some stuff for me. Apparently for Christmas he received some duplicate gifts and stuff that he didn't need. One was the Sports Pack 8-in-1 for Wii Sports Resort. Just a basic set of controller covers, but free is free. That will be going to my stepson since I don't have a Wii. The other is the 'Double O' Edition of Goldeneye Reloaded for the PS3. This is the package that comes with the game, the gun, and the whole PlayStation Move package. He tried it out and preferred to play it with the regular controller. So now I have the whole package with the exception of the actual game. Time to start checking the flea markets for a cheap copy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First finds of 2012! ARR!!

Visit my blog at www.retrogaminglife.com ^_^ You won't regret it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mario 8 4LIFE!
    Visit my blog at www.retrogaminglife.com ^_^ You won't regret it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Space Invaders Cart $4.45 - ebay in December
    Space Invaders Box $10.17 - ebay in November
    Madonna Remixes LP's $5 Vallejo Antiques
    Gamecube Wavebird $17.38 Gamestop..used my $20 Gift Card Today..Seems like there still high in demand
    PS Controller Smoked Black $3 Eco Thrift (Not Pictured) November

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Got out yesterday and today to a few thrifts and a GS.

Yesterday was the 2600 + ac, SNES game (no manual, beat box), and NES for a total of $25.27 on a 25% off day.

Today was the 7.99 NES at Savers and The 3rd Birthday for 8.99. I was going to get knights in the nightmare new for 9.99, but they only had the one gutted copy so I passed.

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Yesterday was the 2600 + ac, SNES game (no manual, beat box), and NES for a total of $25.27 on a 25% off day.
    Not bad at all! I get good money on Atari's if I throw in 20 or so games. The power cord is always the issue with those, and I see one there.
    And I imagine you know as well as I it's fairly easy to come up with a good unofficial NES power cord.

Ugh, I need to get over this crud so I can get out there again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyvale View Post
    Not bad at all! I get good money on Atari's if I throw in 20 or so games. The power cord is always the issue with those, and I see one there.
    And I imagine you know as well as I it's fairly easy to come up with a good unofficial NES power cord.

Ugh, I need to get over this crud so I can get out there again
    I may be out of spare atari carts for the time being, I'll have to check. I did buy a bunch of those f-type (or whatever they are called) connectors, so that part is all good, too. I actually have a pretty good pile of official NES adapters, but yeah, NES is the slut of game consoles, they'll do it with just about anything! (this is not an endorsement of sticking a 36V adapter into an NES)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Weird find today. Went to my local Goodwill and saw a bunch of SMS game boxes in the case up front by the cash registers, marked 2.99 each. Had the cashier pull them out, and that's all they were: boxes. No carts. The cashier and the supervisor started to pitch them, so I offered to take them or buy them. So I got the boxes for Afterburner, Rastan, Alien Syndrome, Vigilante, Thunder Blade, and Enduro Racer for 39 cents each. First four in the list also had the instructions and a couple had fold-out Sega posters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    I may be out of spare atari carts for the time being, I'll have to check. I did buy a bunch of those f-type (or whatever they are called) connectors, so that part is all good, too. I actually have a pretty good pile of official NES adapters, but yeah, NES is the slut of game consoles, they'll do it with just about anything! (this is not an endorsement of sticking a 36V adapter into an NES)
    I reckon you already know, but it's worth buying a lot of cheap Atari games to bundle up with the console.
    Those RCA to coax adapters are the shit. Way less interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    Weird find today. Went to my local Goodwill and saw a bunch of SMS game boxes in the case up front by the cash registers, marked 2.99 each. Had the cashier pull them out, and that's all they were: boxes. No carts. The cashier and the supervisor started to pitch them, so I offered to take them or buy them. So I got the boxes for Afterburner, Rastan, Alien Syndrome, Vigilante, Thunder Blade, and Enduro Racer for 39 cents each. First four in the list also had the instructions and a couple had fold-out Sega posters.
    Wow. That's not a big $$$ find, but it is a big collector's find. I could use a few manuals myself...

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well i was on my way back home from meeting up with good old Ianoid from here and finishing out a deal, when:

my way back i went to stop at a pawn shop in a small town and seen an old gas station that some people gutted and called it "Yard Sale place" well i went by it but my spidey sense said turn around and check it out at least, so i whipped around and went back and browsed around and flipped out when i seen this in a case marked $4, i couldn't ask the guy quick enough to pull it out and buy it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg View Post
    Well i was on my way back home from meeting up with good old Ianoid from here and finishing out a deal, when:

my way back i went to stop at a pawn shop in a small town and seen an old gas station that some people gutted and called it "Yard Sale place" well i went by it but my spidey sense said turn around and check it out at least, so i whipped around and went back and browsed around and flipped out when i seen this in a case marked $4, i couldn't ask the guy quick enough to pull it out and buy it
    Hooray for you! Find of the year! (so far )

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Holy fuuuuu...
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend

Wow, wow, and wow some more.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Sweet Zombie Jesus!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg View Post

Congrats! I found a Myriad 6-in-1 out at Trader's Village a few years ago. They came out of the Houston area, there must be slightly more of them around Texas than other states. That was the only thing I've ever sold on eBay (my car's air conditioner had gone out, and I couldn't take another Texas summer without it) and I got $660 for it, sold to one of DP's members up in Canada who's name has slipped my mind.

I went to a flea market over in Quinlan, TX and didn't find any games but I did come back with a heap of handhelds. The boxed Blip was $10, the little film cartridge viewer was $15 (for a co-worker who's been looking for one lately), the Tomy Pocketeers Target Range was 75¢, and I paid $10 for the lot of handhelds with Comp IV, Split Second, Cycle Race, Sub Chase, and Slot Machine. The Learning With Leeper Atari XE/XL cart was $2.95 from the Console Game Exchange up in Greenville that's closing down and getting all its stock transferred to the Frisco location.

I also saw a UFO on the drive! And uncharacteristically for flying saucers, this one was photographed during the day and it held really still for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4596-9692-2482

To me personally it doesn't get better than what my mother found this month.

Those went missing 10 years ago or something like that, and the bottom 3 are games i actually got the same christmas i received my original GameBoy, to me that evening and those games been genesis, the very beginning of what i became. I think i don't have to tell you guys how important that is to me - those are my very first OWN video games. What happened to them? My mother put them away in one of her drawers, for what reason we do not know. She recently cleaned it out and found them neatly packed in a small cloth bag. I thought i never see them again, since so much of my stuff got stolen. Bet you can guess which one was my favorite. xD
    Needles to say what followed...

Like a boss!
    Fanboys destroy everything.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This finally showed up in the mail. They lost the package for the better part of a week. Zelda LTTP for SFC and a neo "kidney" controller for 40 bucks shipped from Japan.

N64 system with the worlds worst N64 controller along with 25 assorted games. This was actually just given to me. Nothing rare in there but some decent stuff.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Picked up a slim PS2 for $50. Killer 7 and Panzer Dragoon Orta were nice finds as well, and rather cheap. The games ended up being about $30 total.

A Myriad Six in One for $4. Wow, that probably will be the find of the year for a while...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't posted a find in years, but this one was to good not to. Best thrift store fine in a long time.....Wild Arms 2 and Judge Dredd for the Playstation, both SEALED! $3.88 for both.

It seems like a lot of folks are finding good stuff already in 2012!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WA2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	4246  

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

had to return a few games i didn't like to gamestop and picked this guy up with the return funds.

I am debating of playing it or selling it since it sells for a chunk?