Thread: What game/s are you Playing? Daily check :)2012 PLEASE CLOSE

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genjackson View Post
    You will be the first. j/k
    It will be my first. I haven't had a chance to play the past few days, but lvl 5.1 at the very end when you have to jump off and a bird flies right at you? That part's a bitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NES:
    Bubble Bobble
    Super Mario Bros. (via SMB/Duck Hunt)
    Bump 'n' Jump

SNES:
    F-Zero
    Street Fighter II Turbo

Arcade cabs:
    Mr. Do!

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

It's been awhile since my last update, but I don't have a whole ton to report.

I haven't played Zombies Ate My Neighbors on Super Nintendo in weeks (although I do intend to get back into it), but last I left off, I had a password with all 10 victims at level 33? Something like that. It's going to be a pain getting to the next password because there's a big boss fight before the password, and it's really tight on ammo to start with the closest password to the fight. They're not easy stages to keep everyone alive in, either.

I did start up and complete Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow on my Game Boy Advance SP in the meantime, though. Like usual with these Metroidvania games, I'm maxing out everything (every soul, every item drop, at least one of every item in the game, max level, etc.). I'm basically done with all of that now, but I just learned that you can't truly get everything unless you're in hard mode where a few extra items show up. Oh well, my file is complete as far as normal mode goes.

I'm also FINALLY cleaning and trying out the pile of games I got on and around Christmas. Had some fun playing a tiny bit of Life Force and Super C on NES, but I stink at both, haha. Then I tried out a couple additions to my Nintendo 64 import collection: Susume! Taisen Puzzle Dama and Zool: Majuu Tsukai Densetsu. I ended up beating Susume! Taisen Puzzle Dama. Nice quality puzzle game, and it's fun to see a few things added to the formula compared to the original Taisen Puzzle Dama and TwinBee Taisen Puzzle Dama that I already have. Zool I feel a little more torn about. I'm not super crazy about Pokemon-style RPGs in the first place, but the battle system seems fairly fun and the graphics are really nice in parts. But moving around in a dungeon... oof. The sprite looks so awkward against the 3D terrain, and everything moves kind of slow and choppy. It's very bizarre. It seems like it could potentially be a pretty good game if I seriously sat down with it and grew accustomed to its quirks, but, either way, I'm glad to finally get this one in the collection and move another step closer to having every Japan-exclusive N64 game that isn't sports or some gambling/board game like pachinko, mahjong, and shogi.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Turok 2: N64
    Doom: PC

Felt like it was a Monster/Dinosaur killing kind of day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On my PS2:
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (PS1)

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Playing various MVS games on..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On my Neo Geo Pocket Color:
    Fatal Fury: First Contact

On my GBA SP:
    Super Breakout (GBC)
    Marble Madness (GBC)
    Microsoft Pinball Arcade (GBC)*

* - I can now say that I've played the Spirit of '76 table while listening to Ween's Freedom of '76.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On my PS2:
    Taito Legends (Bubble Bobble, Volfied)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default OutRun™ Online Arcade Xbox Live Demo..

OutRun™ Online Arcade(I guess if I was Rich I could play it)

After Playing the Demo I tried to buy the FULL GAME and..

Then I went looking for info : (
    Outrun Online Arcade Disappearing from Xbox Live Next Year

Sega originally released the Ferrari-focused arcade racer on the Xbox Live Marketplace early last year, with a PlayStation Network version arriving exclusively in Europe shortly thereafter. Now the PSN edition of Outrun has apparently vanished from the European PlayStation Store.
    An official statement from Sega follows: "Due to the expiry of the contract with Ferrari, OutRun Online Arcade will remain offline on PSN but will still be available on XBLA until Dec 2011."
    Microsoft pulled a similar disappearing act with several Midway XBLA titles after Warner Bros. Interactive bought the struggling Mortal Kombat publisher last year. While those games are still available to anyone who already purchased them, everyone else is pretty much out of luck. At least Xbox 360 owners have a little advance warning this time around, though it seems strange that Sega's deal with Ferrari resulted in the PSN version getting pulled more than a year before the XBLA release.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just finished up Shining Force I and World of Illusion, moved onto Streets of Rage 2
    Currently attempting to complete my Genesis collection! Always looking for hard to find complete games! Send me a PM
    Please feel free to follow my collecting blog here! http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

A little trouble with a PC Engine game led to me playing a tiny bit of every complete PC Engine HuCard I own, haha. I was trying out a couple ho-hum sports games I acquired - Final Match Tennis and Formation Soccer: Human Cup '90 - but I can't for the life of me get Formation Soccer to work for some odd reason. I grabbed my stack of compete PC Engine HuCard games and went through them all (didn't bother digging out my loose cards) one by one (1943 Kai, Detana!! TwinBee, Fire Pro Wrestling 3, Hatris, Idol Hanafuda Fan Club, Susano Ou Densetsu, and Youkai Douchuuki), and they all worked on the first try, like usual, except for Youkai Douchuuki. I've always had a little trouble with that one because it seems picky about what accessories I use with it. Like if my 6-button controller isn't set to 2-button mode, it refuses to work. After a minute, I did get it going, though. But no matter what I tried, I couldn't get that soccer game to work. I'm not going with the determination that it's non-functional just yet, though. Maybe it's even more finicky than Youkai Douchuuki and doesn't like being played with a 6-button controller no matter what or doesn't like my Duo-RX. For now I'll just put it away and hope that someday I'll figure out what's up with it.

I started up my Japanese PlayStation 2 for the first time in a long time. I tried out a little of my Japanese Star Ocean: The Second Story and its included demo of Astronoka, Vampire Savior EX Edition, and Super Robot Taisen F.

Then I popped Shepherd's Crossing 2 into my DS Lite and got sucked into it way more than I was planning. I was just trying it out so I didn't save or anything, but I ended up playing for around two hours. I've had the original on PlayStation 2 for quite awhile (but I only ever tried that one out too), and I had no idea that it was ported to PSP or that it had a sequel on DS, and that both were already available in the US, published by Graffiti Entertainment, which I've never even heard of before. Talk about low-profile, but, then again, so was Valcon's publishing of the original. Anyway, it's very cool to have a farming alternative to Harvest Moon (not that I have any problem with Harvest Moon), other than social gaming crap. When I stumbled across the sequel on Amazon the other day (for dirt cheap, no less), I had to pick it up.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NES:
    R.C. Pro-AM

On my PS2:
    The King of Fighters '99 (PS1)

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Oof, trying out the PSP games I bought around Christmas took a lot longer than I expected. I spent some time with Persona 2: Innocent Sin, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, and Ys: The Oath in Felghana. Maybe I'm becoming a more impatient gamer because it drives me nuts when it takes an eternity just to get to some gameplay at the start of an RPG. Yet at the same time, some of my favorites have painfully long intros. Maybe it's a matter of what's going on in the intro. If I have to play through one more RPG intro where I'm some kid in school or a kid in training to become some sort of adventurer and I need to wander around a school/town talking to friends and teachers, I'm going to barf. Would it kill developers to start with something exciting? You can slow it down and set up the story after that. Even though I don't care for the game much as a whole, Chrono Cross got it right in that regard. Or like with Valkyrie Profile, it may have a very long intro that makes you wait to get to some real gameplay, but at least it's interesting. I'm some Norse goddess that was just woken up from stasis in order to recruit the spirits of warriors who have just died so they can fight in an approaching war of the gods? Okay, sign me up.

Anyway, I played Persona 2 until I finally got to a battle I could control, and I played Trails in the Sky through the first training dungeon. Ys was the only game to get to some gameplay pretty fast, but I'd consider it an adventure game rather than an RPG. Oh, and holy cow is the dubbing terrible in Ys. Anyway, they're probably all good games, but it's hard to tell without putting multiple hours in them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On my PS2:
    Tekken 5 demo
    Twisted Metal III (PS1)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Ace_McCannon

Currently playing:

Resistance:Fall of Man on PS3
    Castlevania on NES
    Sonic Generations on Xbox 360
    3D Dot Game Heroes on PS3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On my PS2:
    Bust-A-Move 2: Arcade Edition (PS1)

Insert Coin (Level 0) Genjackson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    PSN
    guyonthedock_js

Daily I have been playing:

Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
    Playstation Home: Texas hold'em
    Mine Storm (Vectrex)

"If I cannot swear in heaven, I won't go there." Mark Twain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Playing anything to do with OUTRUN

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

More testing of PSP games. I gave the English versions of Star Ocean: First Departure and Star Ocean: Second Evolution a whirl, after owning them just in Japanese for a long time. It's very weird playing the first Star Ocean in English for the first time. I've played through both the original and the PSP remake in Japanese, so that's the only way I've ever known the game. It's interesting to have an English version, but it's also very disappointing because the localization is so damn bad. It would be pretty transparent to anyone who doesn't know any better, but I can't get past how they changed the names of practically EVERYTHING to ridiculously awful bullshit. Thank goodness I can at least change the names of my party members, but that doesn't stop them from saying the names constantly in the voice acting. And the dubbing is awful for that matter. A lot of the names are still pronounced the same, though, just spelled in new embarrassingly stupid ways, so that helps. Doesn't save me from hearing "Roddick", though. And it's a shame that the better (and vastly different) original version of the game is still Japan-only. I like the remake, but it doesn't compare to the original Super Famicom version. As for Second Evolution, its localization sucks too, but not nearly as bad, probably because it would be more apparent to Americans, had they played the original English version on PlayStation. The dubbing is still lame, like in the original, but now it's just boringly bad instead of hilariously bad. Most of the problems with Second Evolution are just with the game itself, whether you're playing it in English or Japanese. It's just an inferior port.