Thread: Microsoft To Offer Flight For Free This Spring [Slashdot]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Microsoft To Offer Flight For Free This Spring [Slashdot]

hypnosec writes "Microsoft's Flight Simulator series, which was in dormant state until now, will see a re-launch this spring and that too for free. The name of this series will be simply Flight, and players will have free access to the digital sky with this simulator. In other words, it will be available as a free download; however, the user would need to buy additional content to enhance their experience. The content that can be purchased includes aircraft as well as new environments. Microsoft states that the most amazing part of this game is the user can experience some real life locations like Big Island of Hawaii along with 'region-specific weather patterns, foliage, terrain and landmarks.'" [Video demo here.] I'd like to know where the ESRB finds "crude humor" or "mild violence" in there.

Read more of this story at Slashdot.

More...
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the ServBot is doubly excited about this one. Might want to merge that other thread.

I'm actually pretty excited about this. I used to play the Microsoft flight simulator games with my dad, and I just built the family an HTPC for the living room. If it's free to play, we'll be able to LAN. I'd prefer that they brought back COMBAT Flight Simulator, but this is still really neat. It's nice to see that it supports both the 360 pad and joysticks.