Thread: SWTOR getting Guild Banks because BioWare is listening [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb SWTOR getting Guild Banks because BioWare is listening [Joystiq]

Game director James Ohlen describes the changes coming to Star Wars: The Old Republic, one of which is guild banks for the thousands of guilds still playing. BioWare is also focusing on PvP, warzones, and convincing people that SWTOR is a good game.SWTOR getting Guild Banks because BioWare is listening originally appeared on Joystiq on Fri, 20 Jan 2012 02:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

I'm more interested in the fact that this game seems to have conveniently removed the "unsubscribe" button just as launch peoples' free 30-days were up:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...tab-disappears

It's times like these that I really miss "The Rantings of Lum the Mad" website. After the initial "wow" factor of being connected to a persistent world with loads of other people wore off* back when I was playing EverQuest (and this happens to everyone, I'd suspect), the primary entertainment quickly became, for me, seeing all the flaws in the game design that are purposefully put there to put people on some grinding treadmill so that they can squeeze another $10-15 / month out of you. Lum the Mad presented all these flaws in a uniquely entertaining format...it really was a brilliant site.

I honestly can't fathom at this point ever paying a monthly fee for access to any one game - just to rent a hall pass to their world. I just don't understand it, even if it is Star Wars or Lord of the Rings or something. There's just too much nonsense like this going on - and it's horribly entertaining to watch people get so bent out of shape about it, and developers juts fumble around with game mechanics levers and pulleys like the contraption in Wizard of Oz that projects his face...then the curtain gets pulled back, and they yell PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?