I have finally got my Windows 98 Pentium II running again and am trying to go through my collection of games. I have been able to get some working in Windows 98 but others are becoming a nightmare. Here are my problems.

I have several games that apparently only recognize the original 1.97GB FAT format and won't install on a larger HD. Would it be better to try to format a larger HD properly with a small partition and install them that way or I also have a Zip drive that I can install and install the games to the ZIP disk to run them. The Zip method seems easier to me for now since my Windows XP PC just died. Can Windows 7 format a HD properly for that sort of thing?

I also have a King's Quest V CD rom and it installed in Windows 98 and DOS just fine but when I try to run it it says that the game doesn't support the sound Card or the Graphics card and it hangs at the Sierra screen. Is there a way to configure the game's settings to accept these newer hardware setups? Do I need to get a different version of the game? An older PC?

I also have a copy of Earthworm Jim that the music won't work for in Windows 98. The sound effects work fine but no music. Can that be fixed?

I also have Out Of This World on CD and it installs on Windows 98 and will run in a small screen but if I try to go to full screen it crashes the computer and Control Alt Delete won't even reset it then. Can this be adjusted to work on my machine too?

I have tried to install a few of these games directly through the DOS prompt too but I have two hard drives in the computer so my CD rom drive is listed as E: Windows 98 recognizes it without a problem but when I try to access the CD rom drive through DOS it says invalid drive but recoginzes both hard drives just fine. Is there a way to configure DOS to recognize the CD Rom drive properly like it is?

Sorry for all of the Q's but I'm really trying to get these older games working once and for all.