Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

I don't live in Toronto, but nearby in Hamilton there's Entertainment Overload, although they NEVER stock Sega items because "they don't sell".

I wish I knew a place to get sega stuff in the niagara region.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://1upgames.ca/

It's in Hamilton, just off the 403. Tonnes of Sega stuff. The owner is a good guy, prices are reasonable for an actual store. He rarely updates the website though.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjackcsa View Post
    http://1upgames.ca/

It's in Hamilton, just off the 403. Tonnes of Sega stuff. The owner is a good guy, prices are reasonable for an actual store. He rarely updates the website though.
    I can vouch for this store is well, I'm ashamed I didn't remember 1up. I've gotten a few Sega gems from him over the years. Good prices too, I like it because most places now a days charge "collectors" prices, but he is below the average.
    Currently attempting to complete my Genesis collection! Always looking for hard to find complete games! Send me a PM
    Please feel free to follow my collecting blog here! http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LeftwardWhale

Red face

Wow thx guys this is really helpful. I have been to a & c games, and I do agree that it's not the best place to go. I will be visiting gamerama soon. thx again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A&C Games is better for trading than buying, in my experience. They often give me far more credit for games I trade in than any other place would, so it helps offset the higher prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    A&C Games is better for trading than buying, in my experience. They often give me far more credit for games I trade in than any other place would, so it helps offset the higher prices.
    Yes to this. ^

I occasionally buy from A&C because I know the staff well and I also sell my own product out of their store. Gar and the gang will sell you games out of box if you are a loosey collector and knock off quite a bit for books and boxes. They're a good place to find that game you HAVE to have. They are pricey, but if you're in a fix they will probably have what you're looking for.

I tend to stay away from Gamerama because of the staff AND prices of retro games. Nobody knows what anything costs and they makes up numbers on the fly, laughable numbers. I almost got into an argument with one of the staff members because they were trash talking other local stores very loudly in front of everyone in the store. How professional.
    I think the last thing I bought from them was a Blaster Master 2 boxed and booked for $5 because they had no idea what it was.
    Closet Monsters: Custom and Retro Game Plushies Obesolete.etsy.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am going to tow the line here to be the third consecutive post speaking with regards to A&C being beneficial for trades. I've bought only a half dozen games from A&C in the 8 years I've been going there whereas I've traded towards a dozen a more games. Yeah, I'm not talking about tonnes but the point is if you do your homework you'll find it's far more beneficial to trade certain items into A&C for credit/cash than to sell them on ebay and buy the games otherwise. As I said pricing isn't great and that can work to your advantage with trades since you'll be getting a better return (sometimes at parity with online prices) even though you're only getting a fraction of the price A&C prices/sells your items. Naturally, when you do see good prices, which happens occasionally, it works even more in the customers favour. A&C, thanks to the positive dealings Gar brings to the table, is generally unmatched in Toronto.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!