Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Once again Dion get's owned and can't admit it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Default Once again Dion get's owned and can't admit it.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry but I will not read 42 forum pages. Even just reading TonK post, this will take all night.

That's a real TL;DR.

Tell us more.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Sorry but I will not read 42 forum pages. Even just reading TonK post, this will take all night.

That's a real TL;DR.

Tell us more.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...=1#post3300174

This appears to be the "drama" part of the news.

Ther'es also something about NeoGeo prototypes being released.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do we really need this cross-forum drama BS?
    Lick me! LICK ME!!

One of the hopeless idiots that runs SC3; (Southern California Classic Collectors):
    www.sc3videogames.com

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

FINALLY someone has pwned this douche.

I mean, it's been a long time coming. "Runaround Sue" my ass. Everyone knows his best work was when he was with The Belmonts.

Wait, we're not talking about Dion DiMucci? Then who the hell cares?

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While it is cool that this happened, in a way it kind of sucks. Apparently NGF are going to have a booth at CGE, so that will be pretty awkward for some people who go to the show, but at the same time, I understand that the more booths the better at CGE. NGF just got done dealing with some crazy drama where they get busted out on some lies, and even a person on there talks about how one of the NGF people took him for $150. I mean, I am just saying the truth, but these guys are very untrustworthy, and it is really too bad since they not only plan on being at CGE, but publically said it within that discussion. How many people who plan to go to CGE will know about this stuff with NGF? I plan on being at CGE to hang out, play some games, buy some games, chat with friends, and there will be people like that there. Now, I know my place and I will just avoid them, which is the smart thing to do. It just really sucks that other people may not know about these guys and end up doing dealings with them.

Also, TonK was just pulling their chain to prove that they did not have the game, and he admitted that he does not have the rom of it either (he said rom, so I am guessing he means the game itself). TonK admits that he made up the questions as well.

While it is cool he did it to bust them out, at the same time he got the hopes up of a ton of people in the community, only to harshly let them down when the entire thing was done to bust out NGF since he admitted to making up all of the questions.

Now, I understand that cross forum drama is not good. Honestly, the way this effects us here at DP is the fact that NGF are telling people about the fact that they plan on being at CGE, which is something that Joe is the mastermind behind, which means that any of us, like myself, that plan on going to CGE will be effected, and at the very least, getting this information to the DPers who also plan on going to CGE is probably pretty important

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Whoa, what, you mean it's not this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Gee, it's been years since I've heard anything about NGF. I thought they were gone for good.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

I had the impression some of NGF's releases were approved by SNK after all, rendering moot the IIRC original old main point of their controversy.
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    Gee, it's been years since I've heard anything about NGF. I thought they were gone for good.
    Not only are they still around, but they announced in that thread that they plan on having a booth at CGE and they even challenged people to come to them face to face at their booth.

I mean, I am being honest when I say that I plan on avoiding them. The thing is, not everybody is me. Some might do dealings with them not even aware of the lies and even the case where a person said that NGF took them for $150, but they are being confrontational about it. If somebody else decides that is a time to get in their face, it will make a bad experience for many people, including myself. CGE 2K10 was awesome and 100% confrontation and drama free, and NGF challenged people to come to them here. I am not going to, but I am only a single person. I am saying that the more people that read up on how these people are, the better.

I am not saying kick them from CGE, because I do realize that the more people the merrier, and chances are, they will be there and everything will go off without a hitch. I can't promise that though, since I can't vouch for anybody besides myself and my friends. I know we will all be cool, but I don't know each and every person that will be at CGE.

I mean, I am not trying to start shit or anything, I am just saying that if everybody stays as educated as possible with these guys, then hopefully people won't get ripped off or anything like that. I am being kind of slightly selfish, but I truly want to have a good time at CGE. CGE is not exactly expensive, so anybody that lives in the area can make it out very easily, and the last thing I would want to see or even hear about through people talking is that drama popped off at CGE.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

If the NGF people are asking their accusers to confront them at the booth, then they (NGF) shouldn't be allowed into the con. They're trying to start a fight and the last thing Joe needs is for CGE to become tainted by their ... actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I mean, it is not my call on who has a booth or not at CGE. I am going based off of what I read, and when I saw that, my heart sunk a little bit. I don't know which page it is on, but Dion does say it on one of the pages. I am just trying to look out for myself so that I can have a good time, and Joe is good shit and always treated me very well, so if he has a shitty experience with his own con from some random person or a booth, it will drag others down. Now, I can't say that anything will happen. Like I said, I can only vouch for me and my friends since I know us and know we won't start any problems, but I can't vouch for every single person who is going to be there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...=1#post3300174

This appears to be the "drama" part of the news.

Ther'es also something about NeoGeo prototypes being released.
    If you only knew dion was know to be a long time scammer.Not to mention for the whole kof 2002 aes thing wich he clam was a,officail release.Even afther snkp took over he was taken to court and sued.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Ok, the thread got beyond good by page 29.

I still don't really know who those people are or why they matter here on this forum but it was a fun read.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nerd fight!!!!!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    If you only knew dion was know to be a long time scammer.Not to mention for the whole kof 2002 aes thing wich he clam was a,officail release.Even afther snkp took over he was taken to court and sued.
    I don't really know who's right or wrong here, and I'm being neutral and just waiting for the ROMs to fall out, if they ever do.

But I am kinda bothered by how I interpreted what happened to the Assemblergames' thread on the subject as, at least initially (since this goes so fast I'll need to catch up on it later), seeming more like a cover-up on Dion's behalf than legitimate forum control. You don't dismiss allegations of fraud and scamming in a forum where financial transactions are a -major part of the community- with a mere "Everyone makes mistakes!" and calling all the accusers crazies (all while failing to address by name anything regarding the complaints in specific detail). These kind of allegations should be taken more seriously and with more tact for everyone involved.

That all being said, it seems Neo-Geo.com has a pretty big trading area as well, so I wonder how exactly their moderation is doing with this...

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Hey everyone cross forum drama!

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I don't really know who's right or wrong here, and I'm being neutral and just waiting for the ROMs to fall out, if they ever do.

But I am kinda bothered by how I interpreted what happened to the Assemblergames' thread on the subject as, at least initially (since this goes so fast I'll need to catch up on it later), seeming more like a cover-up on Dion's behalf than legitimate forum control. You don't dismiss allegations of fraud and scamming in a forum where financial transactions are a -major part of the community- with a mere "Everyone makes mistakes!" and calling all the accusers crazies (all while failing to address by name anything regarding the complaints in specific detail). These kind of allegations should be taken more seriously and with more tact for everyone involved.

That all being said, it seems Neo-Geo.com has a pretty big trading area as well, so I wonder how exactly their moderation is doing with this...
    Ture or not for what dion did he's still a scammer.As for so called prototypes ever being dumped if they real or not,it will probably never happen people have them usely keep them for collective purpose.If you can search for the nfg bible for it's time it detail for what dion did.

That's all i have to say on the matter it's old news now afther dion was taken to court i thought he was ran out of business.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 01-24-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    KOF 2000, not 2002