Thread: The NEW Mayflash PS2 and PS3 Arcade Sticks - What's the difference?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Default The NEW Mayflash PS2 and PS3 Arcade Sticks - What's the difference?

Hey guys I'm hoping someone here can help me. I've already tried asking over at Shoryuken but I've been unable to get an answer. I'm hoping I'll have better luck here.

I need some expert help. I apologize in advance for some of my noobish questions here, so veterans please be patient with me.

I own a 2009 Mayflash PS2/USB Arcade stick that I've modified with a Sanwa JLF and Sawna 30mm buttons and it's great, but these days I find myself using it more and more often on the PS3, and the lack of a Home button hurts.

I was recently browsing Mayflash's site just to see what's new, and I noticed this:

http://www.mayflash.com/?Products/PL...ON/PS2046.html

It looks bigger than the 2009 model I have, it has a d-pad/analog stick toggle switch, and more importantly, it also has a button labelled Analog/Home.

But also from Mayflash I see this http://www.mayflash.com/?Products/PL...ON/PS3046.html

This one looks...identical. So a few questions for the experts:

What the heck is the difference between these two sticks?

Does the one labelled for PS2 version ONLY have a PS2 controller port plug without a USB port?

Does the one labelled for PS3 version ONLY have a USB port without a PS2 controller port?

If I buy the PS2 version and it doesn't end up having a USB connection, could I use a PS2 to USB controller adapter to get it working on the PS3 and if so, would the Analog/Home function as the Home button should...?

I'm also wondering if anyone has any experience modding this model of Mayflash arcade stick. Are the stock buttons 28mm again? Has anyone made lamilabels for this stick?

I thank you for any assistance. I've tried contacting Mayflash directly, but they're away for Chinese New Years.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

Sorry to hijack, but I can't check into it at the moment.

Does the PS2 stick have quick releases for the button and stick? So I could just drop new buttons and a stick in like the Madcatz sticks?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

I can't find any information at all, duder, and the pictures on the Mayflash website seem to go out their way to avoid showing us what the actual connector looks like. You can either wait until someone at SRK answers your question, or long enough for images of used sticks to show up on Ebay or Google Image.

If I had to guess, it probably has a USB connection, though. It claims to be a PS3 stick, and that's what's you'd need to use the stick without buying a separate adapter.

I've never worked with Mayflash, much. A simple Google image search will tell you whether there's a Photoshop template for the faceplate, though. I'd do it myself, but I'm on my phone.