0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

Quote Originally Posted by Jaruff View Post
    This is pretty awesome. I love antiques, but really don't own any, but this would be awesome to turn into a coffee table or something. Curious as to what you're going to set your reserve to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    Guides $1.00 Each
    Neo Geo Pocket Color in Box with Sonic Game $10.00
    Atari Lynx with game $10.00
    Sealed PS2 game $1.00
    Camera is to be sold for someone.

I never play my Atari Lynx, probably because of the lack of good games. But My NGPC gets played more than any of my other handhelds. And thats a good price you found both of them for.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by ownerizer View Post
    This is pretty awesome. I love antiques, but really don't own any, but this would be awesome to turn into a coffee table or something. Curious as to what you're going to set your reserve to.
    I haven't decided for sure but at least $100. For anything less, I'd rather not deal with the shipping hassle that will come up. It's also unique and I like it, so I'm not going to be upset if it doesn't sell. I think any finishing price would largely depend on a collector's personal taste. I couldn't find one quite like mine on eBay but two somewhat similar ones went for under $50 and around $100. Those were all wood though.

If it brings in a ton of money, I'll be very happy. If not, I'm very happy because I bought it with intentions of keeping it. Win/win as far as I'm concerned.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To the guys who scored Earthbound and the Portable Pot O' Gold upthread, not bad! Not bad at all.

Definitely upstaged the reasonably priced Warsong I scored earlier today.

(Will eventually have a "Genesis games I've heard are popular, but that I was not personally impressed with" trade thread.)
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

I made the mistake of having some auctions end today during the Supa Bowlz. I sold my old Droid (1st gen) for $31. Kinda miffed.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

I made the mistake of having some auctions end today during the Supa Bowlz. I sold my old Droid (1st gen) for $31. Kinda miffed.
    Yea, I've made the mistake of having things end on busy days before too. It's one of those things that you won't do again.

Also a great time to get deals right now. Haven't seen anything I've wanted so far but still looking.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I didn't realize that, I just had an auction end right in the first quarter.

The stuff still sold for $230, but I can't help but think it could've gone for more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's odd. The auctions I had running this week ended at great prices tonight.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    Technically this is from last weekend, but I forgot to post it then... from my local dirt mall... went late to meet up with some friends, and while I was waiting for them to show up, walked around. Came upon this guy just setting up, putting a box full of NES and SNES games on the table. I decided to riffle through them, and was quite surprised at what I found... as I dug through the games, the guy offered to sell me the whole thing for $40. Sold.

So... yay!
    Wow,Great Score..

I think I would of ran out of the place after that sooo fast...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Holy shit, wow is right!
    If people are still finding copies in the wild for a steal like this, then this is proof that Earthbound isn't that rare
    I personally don’t think it’s that rare as there are a ton listed on ebay..It seems everyone is trying to cash in on this game..

That’s another reason I held off on selling my own..(though I won’t play my own the game looks interesting to play.

But in all the flea markets,garage sales I’ve hunted-searched through in say .the last 15 years I’ve never found a loose/copy in the wild....I do find Loose SNES games 98% of the time at flea markets but never an Earthbound..

I don’t know really why,...?was the game a low production run?Where are they all at?(buried with Atari E.T.

......I don’t believe that everyone out there hunting in all those years was looking for this game....

For instance..I was at a vendors table yesterday,he sold a N64 and SNES to a 10 year old kid(isn’t that cool) the kid was looking for both the systems but had no clue on games besides looking for racing games to race his friend...an Earthbound could have been at the top of the pile and he would of passed it up...

Now I say I have never seen one in the wild but before I knew anything about the games value when I was collection SNES games to play.. I could of swore I passed up a loose copy in a box filled(held it threw it back in the box) with SNES games...UGH!!!!

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This game only jumped in price within the last... three years I want to say. It was, at most, a $50 game, sometimes less. Around the same price as Chrono Trigger. I've come across a loose copy a couple of times in the last six years, so I'd say it's a little rarer than Chrono but not by much. Both were late releases and RPGs so they probably didn't sell a ton of copies. And then EB wasn't released by Square either, so that probably hurt sales/production numbers. This is, of course, pure conjecture on my part, .
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I've personally found Earthbound twice over the years. Once as cart only and once complete.

And I didn't sell that complete one on eBay because I was stupid. Anyway...

Toad the Wet Sprocket / Bread and Circus - $1
    Warcraft III - $1
    24 The Game (PS2) - $3 shipped from GameTZ (freebie forum)

Not pictured: New SCSI Iomega Jaz 1GB external drive - $8
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I've personally found Earthbound twice over the years. Once as cart only and once complete.

And I didn't sell that complete one on eBay because I was stupid. Anyway...

Toad the Wet Sprocket / Bread and Circus - $1
    Warcraft III - $1
    24 The Game (PS2) - $3 shipped from GameTZ (freebie forum)

Not pictured: New SCSI Iomega Jaz 1GB external drive - $8
    I just got a Ebay Watch Reminder for a Earthbound in box ending in two hours..It's up to $860.00 with 37 bids,WOW!!

Now,That kind of price I'd sell mine....
    I just could not let it got for $500.00 shipped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyvale View Post
    Holy crap, Darryl! Handheld jackpot!
    Thanks,,I just don’t find stuff like this anymore,if I see a handheld it’s trashed...
    ..or a colored in Marker GBC with no battery Cover..($10 bux,I guess I have to pay for that special kids artwork on it huh buddy)

Does it work,ohh yes yes yes...

Coincidentally,Friday I dug out my Atari Lynx to play then I find one the next day..
    I don’t have a NGPC anymore..I sold the collection I had,Go figure I still have a boxed game and am into Neo Geo..
    I want to sell this on but....since I don’t have one,it’s not on my get to it shelf..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wireless Controller Game Pack W/4 Games(360) $19.97
    Wes Craven Collection dvd $6
    Dance Central 2(Kinect) $4.99
    H & R Block Tax Cut $1
    Mario Party 7 with mic(GC) x2 $10 each
    Donky Konga(GC) free
    Resident Evil novel 50 cents
    Gameboy Advance SP with case and no charger x2 $10 each
    GBA SP Charger x 2 $5 for one and the other was free

Why is it so damn hard to find chargers with GBA SP systems? Everytime I find them in the wild at Goodwill(which is where I got these two), thrift stores or even on craigs list sometimes they are usually missing. And the two chargers in the picture are from a flea market. One is a US charger that doesn't work because it's cord has tears in it(I got that one for free) and the other is the Japanese version that another vendor had in his pile of random adapters. So I used the working charger to charge both systems because one of them wouldn't even turn on when I bought it(I got the chargers 3 days later). So I'm keeping the charger for my own system but I need atleast one more to sell with the systems.

I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the controller or not. I already have three and the games don't interest me that much. Dance Central 2 was a recent Target return at Goodwill and even though I already have it I can use this one to actually play since it's already opened. Both copies of Mario Party 7 were from another vendor at the flea market where I got the SP adapters(they had adapters too but wanted $10 for them, as did two other vendors). Because I bought two Gamecube games I got to pick a third one for free as long as it wasn't a Mario game. So since I couldn't get Mario Strikers I went with Donkey Konga.

N64 Lot with boxed copies of Mario Party 1, Mario Party 3, Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, NFL QB Club 2001(factory sealed), and loose copies of Star Fox 64, Star Wars: Shadows of The Empire, F-Zero X and some basketball game.

So I emailed a dude on craigs list about this lot asking if it was still available. He didn't even have a picture up but I knew that I needed a copy of Mario Party 3 to complete my set. So despite his steep asking price of $60 I told him I'd take it if it was still available. So you can imagine my surprise after we met when he showed me that several of tha marque games were complete, raising the value of this lot by a significant amount. I was just like "ok", handed him his money and walked away with the loot. I initially thought $60 was too much to pay for this N64 lot but after seeing the condition of everything it was totally worth it. And we all know what the real highlight is: a factory sealed copy of NFL QB Club. I mean, that alone will bring in like 4 or maybe even 5 whole dollars.....if I'm lucky.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 02-06-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Captain Caveman (and Son!) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    My XBOX is dead, not live.
    PSN
    PSN? PSchah!
    3DS Friend
    Friendless :(

Yeah, them damn GBA SP chargers are always missing. I try to keep a few on hand... I ordered 2 lots of 10 from China last year. Cheap, but you gotta wait.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    and the other is the Japanese version that another vendor had in his pile of random adapters.
    Are you sure that's a Japanese version? It looks like an adapter for the original DS, they're also compatible with the SP systems and have no mention of any specific system on them.

I personally don't bother buying SPs anymore unless they come with the adapter, those are too difficult to find separately. Pretty much the only exception is if the system comes with a good game in the slot too, I passed on several loose systems for under $5 without an adapter. I might pick up a loose backlit model but I already have one so I won't be too desperate to get another one.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyvale View Post
    Yeah, them damn GBA SP chargers are always missing. I try to keep a few on hand... I ordered 2 lots of 10 from China last year. Cheap, but you gotta wait.
    I don't know if you've ever tried this but look in the generic charger stacks that many thrift stores have. I know of two thrifts that will separate the chargers from the systems and sell them separately to make more money. Makes me want to smack a bitch when someone does that.

I'm going out tomorrow to a few places, including one that hooked me up with some decent NES gear last time I went. I'll be in South Carolina visiting family this weekend and there happens to be an auction on Saturday that will feature a Pawn Shop owner that needs to sell overstock. I'm hoping some of the electronics and video games will sneak by the older people so I can get some good deals. Could be a good weekend if I can grab some electronic musical equipment and games.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Junkyrdsalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Kind of an odd bundle with some really nice goodies $27 for everything

Shadow Madness Guide
    The 7th Guest (I don't normally buy PC games but this was too cool to pass up, it's in great condtion as wel)
    Sol Divide
    Monkey Hero
    Eggs of Steel
    Silent Hill 3

All complete, how did i do?

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Wow, that is a good find. I think Sol Divide still goes for a good price, but I'm not sure. I only own the discs of 7th Guest, wish I had the box.

Eggs of Steel is a weird game. Monkey Hero is one of the only PS1 games that cannot be played on any PS2.