Thread: Video review: Mad Catz Arcade FightStick Soul Edition [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Video review: Mad Catz Arcade FightStick Soul Edition [Joystiq]

A few weeks ago, Mad Catz sent me one of its latest arcade sticks, the SoulCalibur 5 branded Soul Edition arcade fightstick. After daily testing on SC5, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Mortal Kombat, the Soul Edition not only met my expectations, but exceeded them, as you can tell from the review video above.

The company's Tournament Edition sticks have always been excellent pieces of hardware, and the Soul Edition is no exception. It's solidly constructed from arcade-quality parts and is heavy enough to stay in place, regardless of whether you fight on a table-top or your lap. The stick's striking motif and subtle design elements set it apart from every other mass-produced arcade stick on the market; if you want to stand out at your local Ranking Battles without incurring the cost of a custom-made stick, you'd be hard pressed to find a piece of fighting tech that's this unique, right out of the box.Video review: Mad Catz Arcade FightStick Soul Edition originally appeared on Joystiq on Fri, 03 Feb 2012 13:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Believe it or not, the different "pattern" or "arc" at which the buttons are placed could make a difference to someone who is too used to the standard TE stick button placement. I'd let people know about that before they decide to purchase this. Personally it wouldn't make a big difference to me because I'm used to that style as well (my friend let me borrow his Soul Calibur stick from a long time ago). My brother actually collects sticks, so he'll probably be buying this one.