Thread: Do original game boy Games play on the game boy player (nintendo gamecube)?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Camp View Post
    I think the Super Game Boy is superior for playing original Game Boy and Game Boy Color games. The GameCube controller's d pad never felt right to me. It's like it's too small or not precise enough... or something.
    SGB does not support GBC games. GBC games with backward compatibility for GB to run in B&W will work on SGB like they would on GB. SGB2 also does not support GBC games.

I wonder why there is dislike for the GC d-pad. That thing feels like the d-pad from a GBC which makes sense if you're playing with your GBP...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FoxNtd View Post
    SGB does not support GBC games. GBC games with backward compatibility for GB to run in B&W will work on SGB like they would on GB. SGB2 also does not support GBC games.

I wonder why there is dislike for the GC d-pad. That thing feels like the d-pad from a GBC which makes sense if you're playing with your GBP...
    It's awkwardly placed. I'd much rather use a DualShock1, the Hori pad, or an arcade stick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    It's awkwardly placed. I'd much rather use a DualShock1, the Hori pad, or an arcade stick.
    Oh, placement. That makes more sense. I felt like everyone kept finding the small form factor of the d-pad to be disappointing instead of where on the controller it is.

Teh Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FoxNtd View Post
    Oh, placement. That makes more sense. I felt like everyone kept finding the small form factor of the d-pad to be disappointing instead of where on the controller it is.
    For me it's not the placement. It's not even the small size, it's more that it doesn't work right. It seems too loose I guess if I had to describe it. I always find it not responding correctly for the direction I press. It really does seem pretty loose down in that hole (heh). I only own 3 first party GameCube controllers and have the same problem with all of them. It kinds of kills the whole Game Boy Player experience for me. I guess I need to find a different controller.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

For me it's not the placement. It's not even the small size, it's more that it doesn't work right. It seems too loose I guess if I had to describe it. I always find it not responding correctly for the direction I press. It really does seem pretty loose down in that hole (heh). I only own 3 first party GameCube controllers and have the same problem with all of them. It kinds of kills the whole Game Boy Player experience for me. I guess I need to find a different controller.
    Yikes. I have two controllers from the North American launch of the console and there aren't issues with any buttons at all. Definitely check out some other controllers...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    lazyhoboguy

I also hate the GC dpad. I hate it mainly for how tiny it is. It's the same size as the original GBA dpad, but I hat that too heh. The GBASP dpad is far better in my opinion. You can buy a chord that lets you use your gba/gbasp as a controller on your GC, so you can play on your gameboyplayer with the GBASP. I also got an adapter to let me use SNES controllers on the GC, mainly for use with the gameboy player.
    Last edited by lazyhoboguy; 02-12-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    youtube= http://www.youtube.com/user/Lazyhoboguy
    blog= www.gamespot.com/users/lazyhoboguy/
    My Game Collection= http://lazyhoboguy.webs.com

PS2 Online and PS2 LAN Tunneling (Xlink Kai) game scheduling site:http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, using a GBA as a controller is the best way to go. I find that the original GBA works best, since it feels closer to a console controller than a GBA SP does.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click