Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do original game boy Games play on the game boy player (nintendo gamecube)?

Teh Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FoxNtd View Post
    Oh, placement. That makes more sense. I felt like everyone kept finding the small form factor of the d-pad to be disappointing instead of where on the controller it is.
    For me it's not the placement. It's not even the small size, it's more that it doesn't work right. It seems too loose I guess if I had to describe it. I always find it not responding correctly for the direction I press. It really does seem pretty loose down in that hole (heh). I only own 3 first party GameCube controllers and have the same problem with all of them. It kinds of kills the whole Game Boy Player experience for me. I guess I need to find a different controller.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post
    Why do people come on here and ask this..

If they don't know..he/she should not be in gaming

How old are you btw??
    You're right. Someone should only go to a video game forum to ask questions about things completely unrelated to video games...like my little ponies.

Also, I had a pretty good suspicion so I checked. Of all the people who should not be questioning such things...
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Camp View Post
    For me it's not the placement. It's not even the small size, it's more that it doesn't work right. It seems too loose I guess if I had to describe it. I always find it not responding correctly for the direction I press. It really does seem pretty loose down in that hole (heh). I only own 3 first party GameCube controllers and have the same problem with all of them. It kinds of kills the whole Game Boy Player experience for me. I guess I need to find a different controller.
    Yikes. I have two controllers from the North American launch of the console and there aren't issues with any buttons at all. Definitely check out some other controllers...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    You're right. Someone should only go to a video game forum to ask questions about things completely unrelated to video games...like my little ponies.

Also, I had a pretty good suspicion so I checked. Of all the people who should not be questioning such things...
    Hi, thanks for sticking up for me, also i checked too, so don't know how they can write that, when they ask questions too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    lazyhoboguy

Quote Originally Posted by Camp View Post
    I also hate the GC dpad. I hate it mainly for how tiny it is. It's the same size as the original GBA dpad, but I hat that too heh. The GBASP dpad is far better in my opinion. You can buy a chord that lets you use your gba/gbasp as a controller on your GC, so you can play on your gameboyplayer with the GBASP. I also got an adapter to let me use SNES controllers on the GC, mainly for use with the gameboy player.
    Last edited by lazyhoboguy; 02-12-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    youtube= http://www.youtube.com/user/Lazyhoboguy
    blog= www.gamespot.com/users/lazyhoboguy/
    My Game Collection= http://lazyhoboguy.webs.com

PS2 Online and PS2 LAN Tunneling (Xlink Kai) game scheduling site:http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, using a GBA as a controller is the best way to go. I find that the original GBA works best, since it feels closer to a console controller than a GBA SP does.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    Someone should only go to a video game forum to ask questions about things completely unrelated to video games...like my little ponies.
    That, sir, is an ocean of truth in a spoonful of words. After all, isn't playing video games just a pretext for watching and discussing My Little Ponies?