Thread: Game Boy Multicarts

Play me a Newfie jig! markusman64ds's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Game Boy Multicarts

www.gameboymulticarts.com/

Is this site reliable? Has anyone bought from them?

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Aren't you better off buying something like the EZ Flash IV and you can load any game you want?
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    Aren't you better off buying something like the EZ Flash IV and you can load any game you want?
    Well, I was hoping for something with games already on it.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I've never bought from them, but that site has been around for years. At least 5-6 years as I remember coming across that site in high school. Still expensive though.

Are you only looking for GBA multicarts or ones for original Gameboy or Gameboy Color too? Multicarts are cool if they have homebrew stuff on them, though most of the GBA ones have emulated NES games on them instead of GBA games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I've never bought from them, but that site has been around for years. At least 5-6 years as I remember coming across that site in high school. Still expensive though.

Are you only looking for GBA multicarts or ones for original Gameboy or Gameboy Color too? Multicarts are cool if they have homebrew stuff on them, though most of the GBA ones have emulated NES games on them instead of GBA games.
    By homebrew do you mean games made by pirates? I like the games made by pirates do to their strangeness and poor quality.

I usually just download pirate original games, but never games made by licensed companies. I think it's legal, but they were never supposed to be making them in the first place.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

Quote Originally Posted by markusman64ds View Post
    By homebrew do you mean games made by pirates? I like the games made by pirates do to their strangeness and poor quality.

I usually just download pirate original games, but never games made by licensed companies. I think it's legal, but they were never supposed to be making them in the first place.
    Wow did you really just call homebrews pirates?!

Dude watch out or you're gonna make some powerful enemies that way...
    Hardware Collection

Nintendo: NES, SNES (Model 1 and 2), N64, GCN, Wii, Gameboy Classic, Gameboy Pocket (Model 1 and 2), Gameboy Color, GBA, SP (Model 1), DS, DS Lite, DSI
    Sega: SMS (Model 1), Genesis (Model 1, 1.5, 2, 3), 32X, Saturn (Model 2), Dreamcast, Nomad, Game Gear
    Atari: 2600 (Heavy Sixer, Sixer, Four Switch, Sunnyvalle, Vader, JR Short rainbow, JR, Sears Four, Sears Sixer), 5200 (4 Port), 7800 PRO
    MIS.: Magnavox CD-I, 3DO FZ-1, 3DO Goldstar, TG 16, Intellivision, Action Max, XBox, 360, PSX, PS3, PSP, Wonderswan B/W, Game Com, NEO GEO Pocket Color

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VertigoProcess View Post
    Wow did you really just call homebrews pirates?!

Dude watch out or you're gonna make some powerful enemies that way...
    No. Homebrews are made by fans of the system to make money and please other fans. They usually do not include licensed properties.

Pirate original games are made by pirates for the system to make money and more money. A lot of them use licensed properties without permission.

Gameguy mentioned homebrews on multicarts. Pirates usually don't use homebrews and fangames on their multicarts. They prefer to use their own crappy games and games made by other companies. By homebrews I thought he meant games made by pirates. I wasn't calling homebrews pirates

Sonic Megamix has been pirated on cartridges. Probably one of the few homebrews to actually be pirated.

I don't download homebrews unless they are made to be free.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

You mean hacks? I have some multicarts with those, but I meant actual homebrews made from scratch. I have a multicart with "Little Fantasy" on it, it's some homebrew RPG that's available as freeware online but I have it on a cart. I was thinking about selling all the multicarts I have, but I'm still a bit undecided unless I can get a good price for them. They're cool but I just don't play them much anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    You mean hacks?
    Hacks count if they were made by pirates. I meant games that pirates made from scratch, like Sonic 3: Fighter Sonic for GBA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

That's still drawing a line where it shouldn't be drawn, there are a multitude of homebrew 2600 games that use licensed characters... halo 2600 comes to mind first...
    Hardware Collection

Nintendo: NES, SNES (Model 1 and 2), N64, GCN, Wii, Gameboy Classic, Gameboy Pocket (Model 1 and 2), Gameboy Color, GBA, SP (Model 1), DS, DS Lite, DSI
    Sega: SMS (Model 1), Genesis (Model 1, 1.5, 2, 3), 32X, Saturn (Model 2), Dreamcast, Nomad, Game Gear
    Atari: 2600 (Heavy Sixer, Sixer, Four Switch, Sunnyvalle, Vader, JR Short rainbow, JR, Sears Four, Sears Sixer), 5200 (4 Port), 7800 PRO
    MIS.: Magnavox CD-I, 3DO FZ-1, 3DO Goldstar, TG 16, Intellivision, Action Max, XBox, 360, PSX, PS3, PSP, Wonderswan B/W, Game Com, NEO GEO Pocket Color

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VertigoProcess View Post
    That's still drawing a line where it shouldn't be drawn, there are a multitude of homebrew 2600 games that use licensed characters... halo 2600 comes to mind first...
    Even if homebrews use licensed characters, I don't think people are making these games for a quick buck. Homebrewers put much care into their work and try to make fans happy. But with pirates, you get games like Little Red Hood.

This thread is getting a little off topic. Sorry for any trouble.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

Even if homebrews use licensed characters, I don't think people are making these games for a quick buck. Homebrewers put much care into their work and try to make fans happy. But with pirates, you get games like Little Red Hood.

This thread is getting a little off topic. Sorry for any trouble.
    It happens, you are the creator of it though.

I can see what you're saying but your definition is just not fitting for my liking... because no matter the intentions of the creator if a game is made from scratch then that person still put in the time to program it... even if its a turd of a game, its still a homebrew... if someone has no intentions on making tons of money but they end up making a a bad homebrew does it get dropped into the pirated category? Who's to say what was the intentions of the creator when he/she programmed it?

Let's leave the term pirating to what it actually is... making a illegal copy of a licensed game movie book (whatever) with the intentions on selling it for profit.
    Hardware Collection