We're in transition so my collection is in storage. Somehow I decided I have enough desk space for a classic computer setup. After a botched attempt at a C64 set because the disk software is pretty easy to find, having lost interest after buying a dead drive, I decided that the most efficient use of space was an Apple //c setup with the little monochrome green monitor. C64 is usually the easiest and cheapest way because the drives need less adjustment typically, compared to Atari 8-bit drives.

Managed to get a setup working, although I found out my Apple (//e //c) joystick had a non-working button. Opened it up and now it doesn't work at all. I think I need my soldering iron and some pix to figure out where that loose wire inside goes.

I can't believe how psyched I am to have this up and running. I spent countless hours playing mostly pirated Apple 2 stuff when I was in jr. high and high school. I even wrote a very short program to test my joystick buttons.

I NEED a working joystick because I've found that most programs surprisingly require it. If anyone has one to sell me or trade to me, I'll be very appreciative.

Anyway, here are some points of wisdom or whatever:

Try not to open up your Apple II joystick, it isn't as easy to fix as an Atari joystick.

Use a high quality shielded RF cable, preferably with a ferrite core or else you will get a lot of interference.

Apple //c power supplies are not very easy to come by and might cost you as much as a computer.

Apple //c+ computers are the ones with the built in 3.5" drive. They are a lot more valuable.

Even mildly warped discs might work. Even perfect looking discs might not.

Wizardry requires 2 disc drives. Can anyone confirm this?

---

I can't find the 'best' Apple 2 forums. Any suggestions? If you search for classic video game stuff on google you get DP posts, and sometimes Atari Age for that. Where should I be hanging out for Apple //?