Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
I can only speak for myself personally, but as somebody that owns a tablet, and a vita, and has just about every other portable gaming system in my house somewhere (two young boys), I can say that devices without buttons are pretty worthless for real deal game playing, regardless of the size. Angry Birds and Cut the Rope and all that is fine for a quick 5 minute diversion, but quite honestly, my tablet is more for surfing the net, and watching various videos, etc. I'll play the occasional game, but "real" gaming needs buttons and d-pad's or thumbsticks.

One thing that I can say about the Vita, it makes my PSP-3000 seem tiny. I never thought I would say that. But even after buying the Vita, I'll still ocasionally play on my PSP slim, and the size difference and heft in your hand, between a 3000 and the Vita is striking! I love the Vita to death, don't get it twisted, but the thing isn't exactly small. You're making room for that thing if you're taking it with you. It's not something you can just shove in a pocket. As large as the PSP-3000's used to seem, you can still take one of those and stuff it in your jeans pocket. You might not want to, but you can. You try doing that with a Vita, and you start to freakout because you think you're going to break the tiny thumbsticks. I know, I've actually tried to put the Vita in my jeans pocket. I immediately decided that I should abort, lol.

We all know the real reason is because they need a huge feature for the Vita 2000. At e3, all the developers had Vita's that were connected to lcd's with hdmi cables. It's surely easy for them to implement that. I think they avoided it much in the way that EA Sports holds back special features in all their sports games. They save it for next years version. I'll just have to sell my Vita, and buy one of the new ones, and take the hit.

You know, I've been thinking about trying out some of the software out there that lets you convert various videos to a compatible version for the Vita. I haven't tried anything yet. It would be cool to have a few movies on there. I did try Netflix on it today, and the results were surprisingly good. The Vita's screen is probably the smalllest screen I could live with, in terms of trying to watch Netflix. My son has a 3DS and we never tried Netflix on it, because the screen is so small , why bother? I mean, it might be ok, but the Vita screen is just that much bigger that it makes a difference.

Did you buy tron 2 off PSN or convert it onto the Vita ?
im glad your feeling the love, lol. i converted tron 2 from a dvdrip i made. i used the latest Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate which has a setting for vita conversions.

i guess i was wondering why people remark how you cant carry vita around as a negative, yet in the same paragraph compare it to a tablet and dont notice a tablet is much bigger.