Thread: Sony posts official tips and tricks for Vita, comments have more [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Sony posts official tips and tricks for Vita, comments have more [Joystiq]

It's the first weekend with your Vita and you've spent the entire time together, touching, sliding, swiping, tapping the back... Oh, yeah. You know more about each other than any other device you've played with previously, but there's always more to learn. Sony has compiled a list of nine tips and tricks for the Vita that may make your life together easier -- as long as you put the toilet seat down, Harold. No really, that's one of the tips.

The list in includes Sony's tricks, but the comments offer a few more gems, such as pressing the plus and minus volume buttons to mute all sound on your Vita. You can also mute it by yelling at the top of your lungs, "Shut up, Vita!" Really, try that one on a crowded bus some time.Sony posts official tips and tricks for Vita, comments have more originally appeared on Joystiq on Sun, 26 Feb 2012 14:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

WOW

This is a great read. I didn't know about the PSP game graphics filters, need to try that out.

Also, Sony NEEDS to start promoting/explaining the NEAR features, that's some friggin awesome interactivity between local online connected Vita owners.

Trading rare drops in Uncharted is very cool, and the Marvel Vs. Capcom thing looks very cool too.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

I like how you can technically play PS1 games on vita via remote play but the sooner they get them fully compatible, the better.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

The bilinear filter and color depth filter do indeed make PSP software look better on the Vita's screen.

Also, I LOVE the fact that you can make the right analog clone/double the left D-pad or the right buttons (triangle, circle, square, x) this is great for PSP games where you would use the right buttons for movement or directional firing (i.e. Forgotten Worlds on Capcom Classics Remixed). It's not a true analog per se, but it works excellently in execution.

I also like that you can play music that you have on your memory stick in favor of any game soundtrack.

Also, Vita has cross-game chat! Friggin hysterical. PS3 can't do it for whatever reason, but Vita has it. I don't really plan on using it, but bring on the features, we'll take em.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

One of the features I'm getting a kick out that I didn't expect to is the auto-game status update thing.

I have friend on my PSN list who I don't often play with but also picked up a copy of Wipeout for there Vita. Every time I boot up the game now I get a list of how this person compares to my scores, weather they have beaten one of my times, etc. I love it because it pushes my competitive buttons to try to beat their score even if we don't usually play together.