Thread: WTB: Pre-Made Universal Game Boxes For SNES, NES, Genesis, etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default WTB: Pre-Made Universal Game Boxes For SNES, NES, Genesis, etc

So for whatever reason, all my attempts to print out custom covers at the cover project bith at home, and at office depot, have failed misserably.

Does anyone here feel like taking requests from the cover project, printing them out for me, puting them into universal game cases, and then selling them to me for cheap? I have aTON of games that need cases.

I have something like 35 NES games with no boxes, as well as 20 SNES game carts that I could really use some display cases for.

Same could be said for a few PS2 games but that's mostly a cosmetic thing ( i hate the box art for breath of fire dragon quarter's american release )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So nobody's up for doing this?

UGC boxes are like what, $1.00 a piece?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I had some more Universal Game Cases laying around, I would gladly help you with this. I can print out the inserts on standard legal paper for 40 cents each at my college (which is what I've been doing with my collection) if you would be interested in at least the inserts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the UGCs are about 43c a piece if you buy them in bulk before shipping and will hold SNES/Genesis games no prob, but as an FYI they require modification to fit NES games. The worst part is really getting them printed out properly and lined up so you can easily cut/crop them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi64 View Post
    If I had some more Universal Game Cases laying around, I would gladly help you with this. I can print out the inserts on standard legal paper for 40 cents each at my college (which is what I've been doing with my collection) if you would be interested in at least the inserts.
    That would be great! can I just send you a list of the games I would want case paper made for? I think that would be best, that way I can just order the UGC cases my self.

Also, can you print out DVD size case paper too? I have some SEGA CD and dreamcast games I could use boxes for.

PS: what kind of moding do you have to do to make NES games fit these things?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    That would be great! can I just send you a list of the games I would want case paper made for? I think that would be best, that way I can just order the UGC cases my self.

Also, can you print out DVD size case paper too? I have some SEGA CD and dreamcast games I could use boxes for.

PS: what kind of moding do you have to do to make NES games fit these things?

Yeah, just PM me a list of everything you want (including what versions) and I'll give you a total cost for everything.

To make NES (along with some other game types) fit, you need to cut come of the plastic tabs inside the case. There is a guide here on the Cover Project that shows what tabs to cut to make games fit. I still need to do this myself with my ~20 game NES collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi64 View Post
    Yeah, just PM me a list of everything you want (including what versions) and I'll give you a total cost for everything.

To make NES (along with some other game types) fit, you need to cut come of the plastic tabs inside the case. There is a guide here on the Cover Project that shows what tabs to cut to make games fit. I still need to do this myself with my ~20 game NES collection.
    PM sent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where is the cheapest place to buy a bunch of UGC cases in bulk? I need maybe 50 of them.

Also, do you really need to modify every single one for NES games? Nobody sells UGCs that come ready to use for NES on arrival?