Thread: If live-action videogames were real....

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default If live-action videogames were real....

...which one would you really want to play?

Let's pretend that "virtual reality" has been taken to a whole new immersive level. You suit up in the costume of the videogame hero and are placed in a Star Trek-like Holodeck simulation. Fully immersive. You have all of the skills, abilities, and firepower of the game's protagonist, but there's no chance of you being hurt at all. What game would you like to play in a first-person 'you are there" perspective?

Here's my list:

Spy Hunter: The PS2 port really gave you a "behind the wheel" feel of the Interceptor, but I'd love to really take a vehicle like this out for a spin. Driving off a bridge and having it transform into a boat would be awesome.

Resident Evil: I love the Living Dead flicks. I'd love to challenge myself in a survival horror situation. Would I be able to survive, or would the fear actually shut me down? Creeping through the hallways of the mansion would be creepy good fun.

Joust: Swooping through the clouds on the back of a flying ostrich, trying to unseat other flying knights. A flight/combat sim with big damn birds....over a lava pit. That's be intense.

I'd say Grand Theft Auto III, but you can play it rright now in real life if you're willing to simply break the law. ("I want to steal cars, shhot cops, and bust in hooker's heads." Hell, that happens everyday in my hometown.)

So, what "real-life video game" do you think you'd like to play?
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

You already named the best choice: Resident Evil!!!

Or, for a considerably less scary experience, Luigi's Mansion.

Pikmin! That might actually be fun!

And, oh, what the Hell. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. The ability to actually skate some of the skateparks in that game...Skatestreet without the plane ticket to Ventura, CA! ^_^

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jet Grind Radio. Those electromagnetic skates would ROCK!

Hey, isn't it 2002? I mean, we really should have those JGR skates by now, shouldn't we? Dammit, science! Get on the ball!
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Resident evil would be a hoot.

I'd go with Kid Chameleon, those flying surfboard levels would be sweet.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default funny...

that's what metroid prime feels like when you play it! i spent time with it at E3, and it's not a fps as much as it is an adventure game through the eyes of samus- it's freaky, and it works perfectly! now for some humour:

i'd go with either:

alien vs. predator (jaguar)- of course, as it's only a game, i'd be using that invincibility code, play through as each character, and be wearing depends as i made my way through the game... :shock:

just about any console rpg- just imagine forgetting about the main quest to hit on your cute female teammates, or that oh-so flirty magic potion shopkeeper, :wink:

any side-scrolling or top down shooter- that would be a total trip! would gradius 3 or 4 look like the ps2 intro? or would you just see a flash of light as you were blasted into dust by the first ship twirling toward you (no konami code on a real spaceship)... :lol: