Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Default March 2012 Finds

Stopped by a Target on the way to work this morning to do a return and ended up spending way too much in the clearance section:

DeBlob 2 (DS) - $5.98
    Aliens vs. Predator (PS3) - $9.98
    Prince of Persia (PS3) - $9.98
    Sniper (Xbox 360) - $9.98
    Star Wars - Complete Saga (Blu-Ray) - $70.01 (was $99.99)

The Star Wars set was marked as a "Repackaged" item, so I talked to the electronics manager and he told me that it had been somehow torn open in the store - that it was never purchased or returned. I took it home and it's brand new! I had refused to buy this set at full price because of the "improvements" that Lucas made, but for 30% off, I'll take it.

Other Clearance games I passed on included:
    Madden 11 (psp)
    MLB 11 (PSP)
    Some MMA game (Xbox 360) $9.98
    Fallout New Vegas (Xbox 360) $9.98
    DC Universe Online (PS3) - $30.98
    about 10 Wii games ranging from $5.98 to $9.98
    Last edited by Deadman; 03-01-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: added more clearance games to list

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I found a video editing suite called "Honestech Easy Video Editor 3.0" for $2. It's brand new. I basically bought it because it lets people make their own DVD menus, and for $2, why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Store 1:

Modern Warfare 2 sealed (PS3)
    Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA)

$16

Stop 2:

Guitar Hero World Tour Pedal
    N64 Controller
    DC controller extension cord

$12

Stop 3:

Remember Me (Blu)

$1.60
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice find on the Star Wars blurays.

I found a game, but not of the video variety today. Found the Knight Rider board game, complete and in very good shape at goodwill today. Might actually be worth flipping based on completed ebay listings, so not too shabby.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got back from my latest find. For $30.36 I got these:
    SNES Final Fantasy III boxed
    SNES Super Mario All-Stars boxed
    SNES The Legend of Zelda ~A Link to the Past~ box, manuals only
    PS1 Guardian's Crusade
    PS1 Monster Rancher
    PS1 Final Fantasy VII first print
    PS1 Thunder Force V
    PS1 The Granstream Saga

For $9 I got an Nintendo 64 with ram expansion, AV and Power cable
    and $14.99 got me a 1GB IBM micro drive.
    Best find this year. Been looking for Final Fantasy III for 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: the $9 lot also had Space War for the RCA Studio II
    Last edited by Tokimemofan; 03-01-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

L.A. Noire shirt $2.98
    007 Bloodstone(360) $14.98
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow(360) $14.98
    Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit(360) $14.98
    Pocket Prowrestling import(GBC) $6
    Mario Teaches Typing 2(Pc) $3
    The Third Birthday(PSP) $5.98
    UFC: Undisputed 2010(PSP) $5.98

With the exception of the GBC and Pc game the rest were Target clearances. I've been watching some of these games for awhile waiting for them to get low enough for me to snatch them up. I've wanted to check out the 007 game for awhile but I heard it wasn't that good so I waited for the inevitable price drops. I'm not sure rather I'm going to keep the Psp games or not but those were pretty good prices for them. I picked up the import wrestling game online and found the Mario Pc game at Goodwill mixed in with the music cds. It's a nice oddity.

Star Wars: Racer Revenge(PS2) $3
    Resident Evil 2(PS1) $3
    Resident Evil 3(PS1) $3
    Resident Evil 4(PS2) $3
    Resident Evil: Zero Hour novel 50 cents
    World of Warcraft: Tides of Darkness novel 50 cents
    Killzone 3 strategy guide 1 cent
    Little Big Planet 2 strategy guide 1 cent

It must have been Resident Evil day at Goodwill since I found three games and a novel there. The two penny guides had been pulled from my main Best Buy but they just kept them in the back for the last two months. So I asked one of the media reps if I could buy them and he let me. Racer Revenge is the only good Star Wars console exclusive the PS2 got last gen. The majority of them went to the Xbox and the Gamecube got the Rogue Squadron series. But since I was missing this I probably would have picked it up even if it wasn't good.

Spyro The Dragon plush $3
    Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit limited edition(360) $14.98
    Aliens Vs. Predator(PS3) $9.98
    The Vampire Diaries: The Struggle novel $1.50
    Underworld: Evolution novel 50 cents
    Angel: Sanctuary novel 50 cents

I picked these up during todays travels. I guess I was in the mood to read some Vampire books. Picked the Spyro plush up at Goodwill then searched the bins to see if I could find any more video game related ones but came up short. Atleast my room of doom is becoming more and more defined. Now that I found the limited edition of NFS I'm going to take the regular edition back. Even though I already know the answer to this is "no", does anyone have a 360 copy of Aliens V. Predator that they would trade for the PS3 one?

Call of Duty: Black Ops strategy guide x2 one cent each
    Fable III strategy guide x2 one cent each
    Halo Reach strategy guide x2 one cent each
    Mass Effect 2(360) $5
    Bulletstorm: Epic edition(360) $5
    Rage(360) $5

One of my Best Buys always pulls the penny guides when the list comes up but then starts putting them back on the floor a few at a time. Those three titles dropped sometime last year. But now everytime I go back to this store once a month or so they always have new penny guides that weren't there the last time I was there. And I of course take them all since they never have more than a few in total on the shelf Those three video games were also from Best Buy. Best Buy has the greatest rewards program around, especially if you are a gamers club member as well(both are free to join). The deals just keep on coming. I only really needed Bulletstorm and I didn't even like the Rage demo I played last year. But $5 for new games this generation is extremely hard to pass up.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 03-01-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nothing super exciting today. Nabbed a few SNES-era Nintendo Power mags for $0.50 apiece. Passed on pretty much every game I saw. Tons of PS2 and Xbox games, some older 360 sports titles, a few CIB Genesis games (bummed that Quackshot was missing the cartridge, tho at $5 I likely wouldn't have bought it anyway), and a few PS1 and Dreamcast games mixed in w/ music cds.

Also picked up an Omron digital blood pressure monitor thinking it might be worth something, but looks like it's around $10, so not worth my time. I really need a smart phone. XD Also got a few coffee cups and a can opener for like $0.50 apiece. And the two Perler bead pieces I bought on Ebay came in today. A glow-in-the-dark Mario mushroom and a black mage. Total was around $5 shipped for the pair, so not bad.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

Picked up Steel Diver for the 3DS and Dark Void for PS3.

King of shit finds over here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No video games finds at ALL today!! Maybe tomorrow?

Found this for a buck... really beat though.

Did find this sweet Starter leather jacket and a wheel from a Margay go cart!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haven't been out for a few weeks, so I finally had some time yesterday to do some shopping:

$3 each for the N64 games
    50 cents for the JS, probably modify it to work with one of the consolized neo geos I'm working on
    $25 for the slam dunk, probably paid to much, but first time I've seen it boxed in the wild
    $6 for the game gear and game. Haven't see a yellow game gear apparently from Japan, not sure how rare or valuable it is.
    Also picked up some new, but unboxed saturn 6ft extension cables, not sure if I will sell some or what I will do with them.

charles
    [url]WWW.EVG2000.com[/url]

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^ Holy shit, those are some crazy finds! That GG is definitely worth a bit of scratch, likely over a hundred. And I'm sure you already know what the N64 games are worth.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

Decided to hit up the flea market today and what a disappointment. So much overpriced sun faded crap video games and it seems like the number of booths selling just games has exploded. Those are the worst when it comes to prices because they think everything they have is gold. I kind of forced myself to buy this stuff listed so I wouldnt feel like I wasted my time.

Sonic the Hedgehog-GG-$2
    Paperboy-GG-$2
    Meet the Robinsons-PS2-$3

and the hits keep on coming!

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm about a week behind on posting my big "find" but it'll do:

2/25/12:

A couple friends of mine had a relative give them two used 320gb PS3 (Model: CECH-2501B) units. One was the standard model and the other was some bundle with the Playstation Move controller. The standard model was not working at all and my friends' relative had no idea what was wrong with it. I was told that if they could get the console working I could have their PS2. I went by last Saturday to visit and I asked about the PS3. They said since they've been so busy they haven't had a chance to look at it. I offered to take a crack at it. I started researching online what the problem could possibly be. I managed to get the console in safe mode (which was more than what was accomplished before) and got it to start formatting the hard drive. It kept giving errors that it could not access the hard drive, so I offered to take it home. They told me instead of the PS2 would I rather have the PS3 as they rather like the PS2 still. I of course agreed. (Who wouldn't want a free console that retails for about 300 bucks?) I hooked the hard drive to a drive reader for the computer and found out the drive was in fact dead. I went to Newegg, ordered a replacement 320gb drive, and went for expedited shipping (because I'm impatient like that!) I popped in the drive, formatted it, installed the system software, and I was in business! (The only catch is that my friend did not give me the controller because they only have the two controllers and they play a lot of multiplayer games.)

Which brings me to my other finds (from Newegg):

2/29/12 (Newegg):

Sony New Owner's Kit (HDMI cable, controller, and USB cable) $44.99
    Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3) $19.99
    Batman Arkham Asylum Game of the Year (PS3) $19.99
    You Don't Know Jack (PS3) $19.99
    Super Street Fighter IV (PS3) $19.99
    Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) $19.99

I realize I could probably get the games for the same price either at Gamestop or Walmart, but I could not pass up free shipping and games that I would be the first to open. The New Owner's Kit was about $25 cheaper than Gamestop's price! Speaking of Gamestop....

3/2/12 (From Gamestop):

Flingsmash (Wii - Preowned) $9.99
    Motor Storm (PS3 - Not For Resale Edition - Preowned) $4.99
    Little Big Planet (PS3 - Game of the Year - Preowned) $17.99

I was impressed by Motor Storm when it first came out and could not pass up on a price that cheap. Little Big Planet is just too awesome looking to pass up. I am definitely pleased by the game and its originality. Flingsmash was always so quirky and I thought I would have fun with it. I already had a black motion plus controller and the motion plus attachment (x2) so I didn't see the need to buy a $50 bundle. Seeing it for $9.99 without the bundle was a no-brainer for me.

3/4/12 (From eBay):

PS3 Memory Card Adapter (PS3) $14.49 (free shipping)

This is the only way I am going to be able to transfer my saves from the memory card on my PS1 to the hard drive on my PS3.
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went on a quick vacation and hit up some thrifts while I was gone. The only things that I found gaming related were at the first thrift that I went to. They had some sealed, big box, PC games. They wanted $5 each for them and not knowing anything about them, I passed. The only ones that I remember off the top of my head were a couple of the later Police Quest games. IIRC the games were all Windows 95 class games.

Other than that, all I picked up were a half dozen hardback Nancy Drew books for $.78 each. Couldn't pass them up at that price since I have a granddaughter who will probably one day read them.

I finally found some games at a flea market that I was planning to stop at while I was gone. This place had been good to me in the past. This was the place that I got the loose Dragon Warrior IV cart for $1. Today was pathetic. Granted it was early in the year and the weather was bad, but there was no excuse for these prices. One guy had an NES toaster set-up for $65. He had 2 loose carts also. One was some soccer game for $4 and the other was the Uber R@RE SMB/Duck Hunt for the bargain price of $25!! He also had some N64 carts, but the only one that I remember was Zelda Ocarina for $20.

I finally bought something gaming related at a Goodwill about 15 miles from my house. It is a copy of the Collector's Edition of the strategy guide for Fallout:New Vegas. It is shrink wrapped. I have no idea whether it came from the factory that way or if the original store wrapped it to keep people from reading it in the store. It was priced at $2.62 so I figured that I couldn't go too wrong.
    Last edited by Jimmy Yakapucci; 03-04-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Yakapucci View Post
    Went on a quick vacation and hit up some thrifts while I was gone. The only things that I found gaming related were at the first thrift that I went to. They had some sealed, big box, PC games. They wanted $5 each for them and not knowing anything about them, I passed. The only ones that I remember off the top of my head were a couple of the later Police Quest games. IIRC the games were all Windows 95 class games.

Other than that, all I picked up were a half dozen hardback Nancy Drew books for $.78 each. Couldn't pass them up at that price since I have a granddaughter who will probably one day read them.

I finally found some games at a flea market that I was planning to stop at while I was gone. This place had been good to me in the past. This was the place that I got the loose Dragon Warrior IV cart for $1. Today was pathetic. Granted it was early in the year and the weather was bad, but there was no excuse for these prices. One guy had an NES toaster set-up for $65. He had 2 loose carts also. One was some soccer game for $4 and the other was the Uber R@RE SMB/Duck Hunt for the bargain price of $25!! He also had some N64 carts, but the only one that I remember was Zelda Ocarina for $20.

I finally bought something gaming related at a Goodwill about 15 miles from my house. It is a copy of the Collector's Edition of the strategy guide for Fallout:New Vegas. It is shrink wrapped. I have no idea whether it came from the factory that way or if the original store wrapped it to keep people from reading it in the store. It was priced at $2.62 so I figured that I couldn't go too wrong.
    A lot of Limited Edition guides are shrinked wrapped. Final Fantasy XII was like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Stopped back by the same target as my earlier post and they had discounted most of the $9.98 games to $5.98 so I picked up:

Fallout New Vegas (360) - $5.98
    Madden 11 (psp) - $5.98

They still had plenty of Prince of Persia but most everything else was gone from last week.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Letiumtide's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Letiumtide

It may not be much of a find truly, but I'm so happy to have it.
    I think it's the best Tales artwork we've gotten this side of the pond since Destiny.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0135.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	4522

I also managed to snag Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny for $30, this is only important because it's the US version, since being in Canada meant that it had no pictures on the back and was covered in horrid ugly box destroying french.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Junkyrdsalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Quote Originally Posted by Letiumtide View Post
    It may not be much of a find truly, but I'm so happy to have it.
    I think it's the best Tales artwork we've gotten this side of the pond since Destiny.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0135.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	4522

I also managed to snag Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny for $30, this is only important because it's the US version, since being in Canada meant that it had no pictures on the back and was covered in horrid ugly box destroying french.
    I've been waiting forever for an opportunity to snag the one that's hanging up in my local GS, it is such a cool poster and i don't want them to just throw it out

Insert Coin (Level 0) Letiumtide's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Letiumtide

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyrdsalesman View Post
    I've been waiting forever for an opportunity to snag the one that's hanging up in my local GS, it is such a cool poster and i don't want them to just throw it out
    Well, the one in the US that I go to put it aside for me the moment that they took it down. (the manager there is so awesome to me)

They told me though that marketing changed the week earlier. So you may want to check it out and make sure that you didn't miss the boat on that.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Junkyrdsalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Quote Originally Posted by Letiumtide View Post
    Well, the one in the US that I go to put it aside for me the moment that they took it down. (the manager there is so awesome to me)

They told me though that marketing changed the week earlier. So you may want to check it out and make sure that you didn't miss the boat on that.
    Thanks for the heads up!