Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2012 Finds

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Stopped by a couple thrifts this morning:

vsmile games were in 2 baggies for 2.99 ea, Metroid was 2.99, popper was 2.99. Masquerade was 2.99 at a different thrift. I guess it was a 2.99 kinda day! (though at the first they were all 3.99 - 25%). The vsmile games need some cleaning... is that dried sticky jelly? But my kids play with them and didn't have most of these.

Wow, it has been over a month since I posted any finds! I've had some meager ones, though:

-GG Dragon Crystal - 3.16
    -2 fat PS2s that don't read discs - ~15 each. Already sold them for $90 shipped to the same guy someone here posted about: He said to use as little packaging as possible, doesn't care if they get a little damaged, the packaging just gets in his way. I still don't get how these are worth so much, but whatever.
    -Pelican PL2000 wireless Xbox controller - * - this seems like a pretty good controller and works great.
    -Genesis RoadRash II in Cardboard box - *
    -SNES Tetris/Dr. Mario CIB + All*, SMW, and one other manual - *
    -Another Popper for selling as a coffee roaster - *
    --->* all these added up to about $22

Had a picture of these, could have sworn I posted these, but can't find it:

Thought I had scored big with those DDS tapes since a very quick look showed similar ones going for near 100 each, but small differences matter. Worth the gamble anyway. The kind of uncommon PS1 games I'd never heard of were pretty cheap. Then there is the import N64 game Brave Spirits something or other. Paid $23.43 for all in this pic.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Traded a DMG Gameboy for a Sega CDX MK-4122 AC adapter and bought a N64 controller while getting rid of last weeks finds that I didn't want.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

The JVC X'Eye I picked up on eBay for $45 (untested) came in today. Genesis part works fine but the system isn't detecting when a CD is placed in the console. Something I should be able to fix. Still, at $45, that's not a bad deal. I can get it fixed and probably double my money with a few games added in.

I would keep it for myself but it's in cosmetically worse condition than I thought. Oh well.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I made an impulse purchase this morning. I walked into a little video rental shop, and went browsing through their used rental games. I found a copy of Star Ocean: the Last Hope International for $12.99. I took it up the cashier and discovered the disc and manual are mint, like they have never been rented.

Now, here's the catch, I don't own a PS3 yet. But I figured that buying SO4 in advance might be a wise idea, since most RPGs tend to hold or increase their value over time. Although, looking at the average current prices for this game, I only saved around 10 - 15 bucks. Oh well, if I don't like the game, at least I only spent a little money on it.

Looks like it's time to start saving for a PS3!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I found BUPKIS today. Nada. Zilch. We had a horrible wind storm locally last night so it must've scared the vendors away.

I ended up buying some brand new Zip 100 discs at the local flea market when I came back home. Two three packs, two loose but sealed ones, and a bonus SuperDisk one. 30 pesos (about $2.40 USD.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I found BUPKIS today. Nada. Zilch. We had a horrible wind storm locally last night so it must've scared the vendors away.

I ended up buying some brand new Zip 100 discs at the local flea market when I came back home. Two three packs, two loose but sealed ones, and a bonus SuperDisk one. 30 pesos (about $2.40 USD.)
    That's a nice deal. I just sold two sealed SuperDisk carts a few months ago for $10 on eBay.

Oh, you'll be interested to know I found a copy of MS Office Student edition for $10 at the flea market over the weekend. I should be able to get $40-50 for that, right?

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Jaruff View Post
    That's a nice deal. I just sold two sealed SuperDisk carts a few months ago for $10 on eBay.

Oh, you'll be interested to know I found a copy of MS Office Student edition for $10 at the flea market over the weekend. I should be able to get $40-50 for that, right?
    Eh, the single SuperDisk uh, disk won't sell for that much. I'll just throw it in with the ZIP disks.

And that office... it depends on the version. I'm not getting a lot of money off of those student editions anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Eh, the single SuperDisk uh, disk won't sell for that much. I'll just throw it in with the ZIP disks.

And that office... it depends on the version. I'm not getting a lot of money off of those student editions anymore.
    Oh yea, it's 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked up a couple pennny guides but I'm not throwing up a pic for them alone. It's taken us an entire week to get off the first page. This must be a very slow month for the majority of us. It's definitely slowed down in my area find wise.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Finally had a good day at the thrifts. First stop:

Gamecube with GB Player - $15
    N64 AV cord - $4
    Gamecube power brick - $4
    Gamecube AV cord - $3
    GBA SP power cord - $3
    Little Mermaid (sealed) - $4
    Lion King 1 1/2 (sealed - $4

Yeah, they part everything out.

Next stop, Goodwill:

Rome: Season 1 - $6
    Box of baseball cards (was sealed) - $16
    Firefly: Complete Series - $6
    Sealab: Season 1 - $4
    Sealab: Season 2 - $4
    Cube - $4
    NGE: The End of Evangelion - $4

Store had Cube 0, Cube, and Cube 2, but 1 is my fave.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found a Nintendo Gamecube Metroid Set for $15 with the game packed in and all the manuals and the cube is virtually unused there is no dust in the fan area and the top is almost new looking. But the cube has no digital output is that how that set came?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

I don't know if that is how your particular set came, but later model Gamecubes got rid of the digital output.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Picked up a couple pennny guides but I'm not throwing up a pic for them alone. It's taken us an entire week to get off the first page. This must be a very slow month for the majority of us. It's definitely slowed down in my area find wise.
    There are some yard sales starting in my area but I won't start traveling to the larger cities until April or May. It's just not worthwhile for me to travel 30-45 miles one way for 5-10 yard sales (or less).

I've got to hit up a couple of thrift stores tomorrow but I never find much there. Most of my recent finds have been things on eBay.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    NGE: The End of Evangelion - $4
    Nice finds, that End of Evangelion DVD is worth about $40. I found one for myself a few weeks ago and was surprised when I looked it up, I'm planning on keeping it but it's nice to know I lucked out with it. I just have to find a copy of Death and Rebirth and I'll have the whole set for the original series.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Nice finds, that End of Evangelion DVD is worth about $40. I found one for myself a few weeks ago and was surprised when I looked it up, I'm planning on keeping it but it's nice to know I lucked out with it. I just have to find a copy of Death and Rebirth and I'll have the whole set for the original series.
    Yeah I guess someone donated all their anime. There was some other Evangelion and some other popular Anime titles. I didn't have time or the lack of self respect to look them all up on my mom's iPhone. I saw the one was worth a lot so I was happy and bought it.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Wow ! I didn't know that either ! I bought them new around release and they cost me less than 40$ together.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    I don't know if that is how your particular set came, but later model Gamecubes got rid of the digital output.
    More then likely they got rid of them by then with the metroid set.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    I made an impulse purchase this morning. I walked into a little video rental shop, and went browsing through their used rental games. I found a copy of Star Ocean: the Last Hope International for $12.99. I took it up the cashier and discovered the disc and manual are mint, like they have never been rented.

Now, here's the catch, I don't own a PS3 yet. But I figured that buying SO4 in advance might be a wise idea, since most RPGs tend to hold or increase their value over time. Although, looking at the average current prices for this game, I only saved around 10 - 15 bucks. Oh well, if I don't like the game, at least I only spent a little money on it.

Looks like it's time to start saving for a PS3!
    Even though it is the worst in the series, you won't be disappointed if you are a sci-fi rpg fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

$3: Game Gear, with Clutch Hitter cart. Missing one battery cover.
    $3: Power Rangers SPD vol 5 DVD.
    $2: Super Mario All-Stars SNES cart.
    $6: Chibi-Robo Park Patrol DS complete.
    $2: Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine GG cart.
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaruff View Post
    There are some yard sales starting in my area but I won't start traveling to the larger cities until April or May. It's just not worthwhile for me to travel 30-45 miles one way for 5-10 yard sales (or less).

I've got to hit up a couple of thrift stores tomorrow but I never find much there. Most of my recent finds have been things on eBay.
    Despite the very mild weather over here on the east coast thru out the winter most yard sales haven't had any video game items. I'm hoping that changes now that Spring has finally arrived.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.