Thread: N64 Aidyn Mage Chronicles gray cart?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default N64 Aidyn Mage Chronicles gray cart?

Am curious how rare the Aidyn Mage Chronicles grey cart version is? All the ones I see for sale are black carts. I know it's a USA release, the label says so. Any idea of value? And is the box and manual the same as the black cart version?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

There was a grey version, and one I am looking for. It is one of the harder grey variants to find. Value is subjective and since I am interested, I will let others tell you about value. I do not know if there is a box variant, as all I have is the black one.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very interesting, thanks for info. I've never really collected N64 games, if there are some rare variations may have to look into it

Cherry (Level 1) leatherrebel5150's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Aidyn from what I have found is not the rarest gray variant. It was Bassmasters 2000 in my opinion, which I only saw one of for the six months I was on the lookout for it. But now the gray Turok rage wars may very well take the prize on rarest gray variant. When it come to value Aidyn is around $10 maybe $15 if you really want it not much difference in value from the normal cart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Quote Originally Posted by leatherrebel5150 View Post
    Aidyn from what I have found is not the rarest gray variant. It was Bassmasters 2000 in my opinion, which I only saw one of for the six months I was on the lookout for it. But now the gray Turok rage wars may very well take the prize on rarest gray variant. When it come to value Aidyn is around $10 maybe $15 if you really want it not much difference in value from the normal cart.
    Agree, The top rarest grey variants are Turok Rage Wars, Bass Masters 2000, Hydro Thunder, and Aidyn Chronicles. From what I hear are that the market for people collecting color variants is so small, it has not driven up the prices significantly.

As a owner of a CIB N64 set, I am now just pursuing variants as a way to still collect the system.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    Agree, The top rarest grey variants are Turok Rage Wars, Bass Masters 2000, Hydro Thunder, and Aidyn Chronicles. From what I hear are that the market for people collecting color variants is so small, it has not driven up the prices significantly.
    T:RW has a different ROM as I understand it; do any of the other color variants have different ROMs, or is the case color the ONLY difference?
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I believe that is the only one with a differednt rom which I guess would make its own game rather than just a variant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think an Aidyn gray is $10-$15 today. You can thank the Turok Gray cart for making N64 color cart collecting mainstream now.

All of the grays are going to take off in price. How high? Not sure. But I can tell you there are 2 or 3 times as many people looking for it right now than 6 months ago when it was $10-$15.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Quote Originally Posted by jonebone View Post
    You guys are kidding yourselves if you think an Aidyn gray is $10-$15 today. You can thank the Turok Gray cart for making N64 color cart collecting mainstream now.

All of the grays are going to take off in price. How high? Not sure. But I can tell you there are 2 or 3 times as many people looking for it right now than 6 months ago when it was $10-$15.
    Time will tell about prices on this stuff. Agree that it will make folks look more for cart variants. I am okay with paying more for a variant IF there is more people finding them and selling them. Well see if demand keeps up with price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Im just glad I got almost all my variants out of the way only 2 easy ones left to obtain.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The gray Majora's Mask is probably the rarest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't know if that is really considered under the color variant category rather it is in the NFR category.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Quote Originally Posted by peeingas View Post
    The gray Majora's Mask is probably the rarest
    The Grey Majora's Mask NFR is in a separate category, due to not being sold and not even being an entire version of the game. I do own one, which was given to me by a very close friend years ago. It is definately very rare and expensive, just that I place it in a separate category.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The only time I even saw a gray Majora's Mask was a photo of some idiot who gutted a bunch of SNES and N64 carts to make a Halloween costume or something. (well, an idiot because I distinctly recall they used good games like ActRaiser, Super Metroid and Secret of Mana)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    The only time I even saw a gray Majora's Mask was a photo of some idiot who gutted a bunch of SNES and N64 carts to make a Halloween costume or something. (well, an idiot because I distinctly recall they used good games like ActRaiser, Super Metroid and Secret of Mana)
    That sounds like quite the expensive costume to make.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by leatherrebel5150 View Post
    I would think Bassmasters is still the rarest of the variants but Rage Wars is more than a variant. Rage Wars will have interest to many who might dismiss the other variants as well variants.