Hello all, I've become curious about an ebay auction I came across the other day. As I'm sure a number of you know, The Firemen never made it stateside although several prototypes have been found. Beyond that I haven't been able to find any further information, so I figured I'd ask and see what other people know.

The above auction features the game with box, manual, and full NTSC-US style cart. I have no idea how most prototypes turn out, but I get the feeling in general that having a prototype be this complete is pretty uncommon. So I figured I'd ask to see if anybody else can confirm whether or not other Firemen prototypes were in this form or not. Also curious is the ESRB rating on the manual. ESRB started in 94 and that rating scheme is consistent with the time period, so it seems authentic enough in that regard.

I contacted the seller to get some more information and try to source it, and this was my reply:

HI,
Got your message. The code on the cartridge says SNS-CLT-USA. There is no code on the front of the box, or anywhere else on the box. I bought this game a little over a year ago from the United Kingdom. Hope this helps? Thanks for your interest. Justin
So if anybody could shed some more light on this, to either confirm it as a prototype or otherwise, that would help a lot. Thanks,

~Omnigamer