Thread: NEO-GEO Pocket & COLOR: Which Japanese Games Played in English?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NEO-GEO Pocket & COLOR: Which Japanese Games Played in English?

So i've been told some pocket and pocket color games play in english when played on an american system.

Does anyone know which ones do this?

I'm looking to import a game or two.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

try finding the details of an entire rom set online, they should have regions in brackets and indicate what languages the game is available in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Here's the info you're looking for...from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon View Post
    Japan only release, but the game has a full English option or is fully in English:

Delta Warp - puzzle game. 100% English, I'm pretty sure.
    Baseball Stars - sports game. Game language depends on system language - Japanese for Japanese system setting, English for English setting.
    Big Bang Pro Wrestling - sports game. Game language depends on system language - Japanese for Japanese system setting, English for English setting.
    Dynamite Slugger - sports game (baseball). Runs on the Baseball Stars engine. Game language depends on system language - Japanese for Japanese system setting, English for English setting.
    Also, shouldn't this be in classic gaming? Probably would have gotten a quicker response there.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I didn't think so when I made that list, but both of those baseball games actually had European releases. (Baseball Stars is one of the B&W games, so no US release there; Dynamite Slugger was released in 2000 as SNK was collapsing, and Europe got a bunch more games than the US around that time.) The European version of Dynamite Slugger is quite uncommon, though, I'm pretty sure... and yeah, the Japanese version's the exact thing inside anyway, once you set it to English.

The weird ones are Delta Warp and Big Bang Pro Wrestling, but as I said in that old thread, SNK had done that before, on the Neo-Geo...

Oh, and of course, you only copied out the Japan-only-games part of that list; there are a bunch more games in the "released in multiple regions, with both languages on the cart" section which also are dual-language in all copies.
    Last edited by A Black Falcon; 04-12-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

I good rule of thumb for NGPC carts is text heavy games will only have the language from the region of the cart, while genres that don't have a lot of text (fighting, puzzle, sports, etc.) will have both languages or English.

Also, moving thread to Classic Gaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon View Post
    Oh, and of course, you only copied out the Japan-only-games part of that list;
    Well...he did specify that he was looking for Japanese games and I did provide a link to the whole thread. Still a good list you made there though. I kept it bookmarked for future reference.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...