Thread: Modern Day Hack, Slash, & Rainbows?

Insert Coin (Level 0) LumenSage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrLifeCube
    PSN
    twoeddies357

Default Modern Day Hack, Slash, & Rainbows?

Hey there you guys, it's LumenSage, and on this thread I really wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on Modern day Hack and Slash games. I personally think that, a lot of the hack and slashes that we have now, are boring as boring can get. I know. A shock. But, there are only a few hack and slashes that I actually enjoyed in these past few years, that didn't bore the crap out of me. Those few were, DMC, Bayonetta, & Dante's Inferno. I am not really a fan of god of war, because of it's repetitive design. While Dante's Inferno was pretty much a GOW rip off, the designing was absolutely fantastic, and actually held my interest to the end. Bayonetta is just a blast. The combo system is incredible, the designing is gorgeous, and the music... oh! the music was indescribable. I also love devil may cry, for the same reasons, design, music, and challenging, yet repetitive gameplay. I am getting so sick of these wannabe tongue in cheek games. I love tongue in cheek, but only if done right. Personally I think, that only the master of tongue in cheek, Hideki Kamiya (Resident Evil 2, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Devil May Cry, & Bayonetta) can pull that type of style off. The one game that looks absolutely ridicuous in my opinion is, Lollipop Chainsaw. HELLO! WE HAVE SEEN THIS SHIT DONE OVER AND OVER, AND WAY BETTER THAN WHAT THIS GAME IS TRYING TO DO! I don't even know my standpoint. I suppose that I think that out of all genres, this gen's majority of hack and slash is just bombing. What do you guys think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Quote Originally Posted by LumenSage View Post
    Hey there you guys, it's LumenSage, and on this thread I really wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on Modern day Hack and Slash games. I personally think that, a lot of the hack and slashes that we have now, are boring as boring can get. I know. A shock. But, there are only a few hack and slashes that I actually enjoyed in these past few years, that didn't bore the crap out of me. Those few were, DMC, Bayonetta, & Dante's Inferno. I am not really a fan of god of war, because of it's repetitive design. While Dante's Inferno was pretty much a GOW rip off, the designing was absolutely fantastic, and actually held my interest to the end. Bayonetta is just a blast. The combo system is incredible, the designing is gorgeous, and the music... oh! the music was indescribable. I also love devil may cry, for the same reasons, design, music, and challenging, yet repetitive gameplay. I am getting so sick of these wannabe tongue in cheek games. I love tongue in cheek, but only if done right. Personally I think, that only the master of tongue in cheek, Hideki Kamiya (Resident Evil 2, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Devil May Cry, & Bayonetta) can pull that type of style off. The one game that looks absolutely ridicuous in my opinion is, Lollipop Chainsaw. HELLO! WE HAVE SEEN THIS SHIT DONE OVER AND OVER, AND WAY BETTER THAN WHAT THIS GAME IS TRYING TO DO! I don't even know my standpoint. I suppose that I think that out of all genres, this gen's majority of hack and slash is just bombing. What do you guys think?
    One word: Darksiders.