I managed to get 33 episodes of Video Power, where host 'Johnny Arcade' reviews video games and gives out strategies at the beginning and end of each episode. The meat of each episode, however, is dedicated to a cartoon about a group known as "The Power Team", a group of licensed characters from NES games that battle Mr. Big from NARC and other various baddies.

Some episodes didn't have the cartoon. However, I can confirm that, of The Power Team, I have episodes 1-9, 11-20, and 22-33. That's 31 episodes of cornball action starring a tomato, a basketball player, Fabio, a narcotics cop, and BIGFOOT the Monster Truck. I wish I could make a team like that up.

I've heard rumors that 55 episodes were produced of this cartoon. However, Video Power had only 65 episodes in its entire run, and those that know about the show also know that in Season 2, the show had a drastic format change, going to a 'game show' format with no cartoons. My theory is that Season One had 33 episodes (and 33 Power Teams), and Season Two was 32 episodes. The final part of that theory is a shocking conclusion that the final 22 episodes produced were never broadcast.

Of course, I could be completely wrong, as I actually never got to watch Season One as a child. They syndicated only Season Two where I used to live around Jacksonville, FL, but on one single occasion I think they showed an episode of season one, introducing me to The Power Team. I thought back then, "This crap sucks! It's just a cheap, lame Captain N ripoff!" Yeah, well, I think today it's a show that's so bad that it's fun. Most importantly, it's a piece of classic video game history that's incredibly rare.

I know people have been looking for this cartoon for a while. It was long thought lost and many thought it simply didn't exist. I'll try to make them readily available in some fashion sometime in April because these do need to be digitally preserved and viewed by anyone that's been wanting to see it as well as other curious gamers, especially after being forgotten for over two decades. I'd do it this month, but I have a certain ISP that has pathetic bandwidth limitations.

In the meantime, here's an episode I uploaded to YouTube. I also have Episode 1 and 11 up, located on channel StillGaming2.