Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: April 2012 Finds

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I found a $10 copy of Shenmue II on Xbox, as well as an N64 microphone/Hey You Pikachu! for $10.

The Shenmue II has one of those "Microsoft Company Store Purchase" stickers on it, and still has the seal on the side of the case. The shrink wrap on it wasn't original, the store I bought it from put on their price tags and then sealed it. Is this worth anything? Was this just what you got if you ordered a game from Microsoft or was it something only employees in Redmond could buy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

5 NES games $5 each. All were CIB except Jackal (no manual)

American Gladiators, Sesame Street 123, Punch-out!!, Jackal, & Wheel of Fortune Junior Edition

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    I found a $10 copy of Shenmue II on Xbox, as well as an N64 microphone/Hey You Pikachu! for $10.

The Shenmue II has one of those "Microsoft Company Store Purchase" stickers on it, and still has the seal on the side of the case. The shrink wrap on it wasn't original, the store I bought it from put on their price tags and then sealed it. Is this worth anything? Was this just what you got if you ordered a game from Microsoft or was it something only employees in Redmond could buy?
    I don't think it's worth much more than a normal copy of Shenmue II. But there are certain people who collect Microsoft store sticker copies and they would probably be willing to give you a bit more for it.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I almost never find anything I consider worth posting here, though I love reading the finds thread. I could say my area 'sucks for finding good game deals' whether it be swapmeets or Craiglist or Goodwill. I feel like that is probably just an excuse, though. Anyway, I found something pretty cool today:

Marvel vs. Street Fighter (Playstation) - $3. Manual has a couple scuffs but the disc is mint.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Saw this at a Flea Market today $300.00..If you know me,I was Right on this...

When I walked up a vendor I know was trying to get it going for the vendor selling it...I looked it over and told him what to do to get it running as it’s been sitting(take out the flooded with gas spark plug)....I have never seen one of these before,I didn’t realize they are”so” electric..no kicker..

The bikes been hacked up the wiring to get it running,so sad.

I almost bought it or pushed an offer as I love these little bikes and it was cute,but not seeing it start,I was reluctant to even bother..then I don’t even need a another small bike..

I came back later and the guy got it going,he cleaned the spark plug as a said......but his price went up to $400.00..lol..
    remind me not to help those guys anymore lol

Found games but so over priced,systems over priced,..GBA games $10.00 each..Xbox systems $100.00..PS2s $40.00 TRASHED.. ..Wow..

My Pick Ups..

$3.00 for all three HU cards (found in a jar)

$1.00 each for the Xbox 360 controllers
    $5.00 for the singing mic set

I was about to leave,checked out this vendor packing up early,looking for a leaving quick sale..he knows what I look for.
    he asked..looking for games,I have some stuff in the truck..ok,show me what you got worried he was going to show me old ps2 sports titles .

He brought out a bag and I dumped it all out..$65.00 he was asking.for it all,I bought it all for $40.00
    Everything to the left came in the bag and it all works..

Picked this up for my Son
    $3.00

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Turbograpfx CD System Card for $1?

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...ib3wo1_400.jpg

Recently picked up this stuff for a grand total of $8

Life Force Cart Only NES
    Box for Rad Racer NES
    Box for Dr. Mario NES
    Box And Manual for Animaniacs Genesis
    Box and Manual for Sonic 1 "Not For Resale" Genesis

Banana (Level 7) snes_collector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Found these at two different Goodwills yesterday. I don't really know a whole lot about pc stuff but I have heard of both of these games so hopefully they are worth something.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I'm drooling over ythat SC2. Played that game a ton. I don't think I'd e ever seen the box before.

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

CDX That doesn't play CDs for parts $20

Used Xenoblade, 2 days after its release at GS (what!?...how!?...whatever it's mine!) $40
    and a free ad they hadn't thrown out yet.
    Last edited by understatement; 04-09-2012 at 06:23 AM.
    My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Very little today. Most shops were closed naturally. The rest slim on items I'd want.

$10: NES with 1 controller and Golf. Chip gone from cart door. (wtf?) Controller has writing on front.
    But it works! Had to dust the inside. Also decided to lockout chip disable for good measure. NOT fun getting there, thanks to Nintendo's design...

$3: X-Men Origins Wolverine bluray 2 disc. Complete with case and sleeve.
    Lum fan.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Very little today. Most shops were closed naturally. The rest slim on items I'd want.

$10: NES with 1 controller and Golf. Chip gone from cart door. (wtf?) Controller has writing on front.
    But it works! Had to dust the inside. Also decided to lockout chip disable for good measure. NOT fun getting there, thanks to Nintendo's design...

$3: X-Men Origins Wolverine bluray 2 disc. Complete with case and sleeve.
    Don't complain about the NES, try opening one that has thick grease all over the place and THEN pull your hair on youtube. Not a bad find though.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snes_collector View Post
    Found these at two different Goodwills yesterday. I don't really know a whole lot about pc stuff but I have heard of both of these games so hopefully they are worth something.

Wow, wonderful finds, are both complete?

Banana (Level 7) snes_collector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    I'm drooling over ythat SC2. Played that game a ton. I don't think I'd e ever seen the box before.
    Quote Originally Posted by piesel
    Wow, wonderful finds, are both complete?
    Thanks guys. They both appear complete to me, here's pics of what's inside:

The big sheet of papers is a walk through someone printed out, and the disk is Dagger of Amon Ra. Funny thing is Star Control 2's sticker says it was put out February 23 and Monkey Island 2 was put out December 26!

If anyone is interested in these let me know, I'm not sure what they are worth but I'm sure we could work out something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHarrier View Post
    Anyway, I found something pretty cool today:

Marvel vs. Street Fighter (Playstation) - $3. Manual has a couple scuffs but the disc is mint.
    Nice find - I remember paying around $30-40 for a used copy around 8 years for mine (and that's with a nicely scratched yet working disc). I quite enjoyed this game as it really got me into fighting games beyond SFII and while the Saturn version really puts this one to shame it's still a great game.

Also, props to snes_collector on Monkey Island 2 and SC2 finds.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This first pic was taken from my import post:

Japanese PS2 with Basara 2 and Samurai Spirits 5 $80
    Primal Image(PS2) $2
    Primal Image Printer(PS2) $4.50
    Wrestlemania 2000 import(N64) $2.50
    Pocket Prowrestling(GBC) $6

The PS2 lot was alittle more than I wanted to pay but I'll probably sell the two games to defer some of the cost. I actually almost won another import PS2 before this for $37 but got outbid by someone with zero feedback at the last minute. However, three weeks passed and they still didn't pay for the item. I sent the seller a message asking him to send me a second chance offer but he refused and choose instead to keep waiting. It wasn't until I started looking for another Japanese PS2 when I realized how much these things are going for. The system by itself or bundled in a lot usually goes for more than $100, sometimes even clearing $200. However, you can still occassionally find cheaper ones. I would have never known this had I won that first auction.

All the other games were pretty cheap. I haven't tested out the Primal Image games yet and I'm still alittle clueless as to what PIP is. I mean, it says it's a PS2 game but I guess you can somehow print stuff from it. I only grabbed it because of the price. So far I'm not really liking Pocket Prowrestling because the enemy AI is super cheap. And I will need to hook my N64 back up before I can play the import version of Wrestlemania 2000.

Fighters Uncaged(Kinect) x2 $5.98 each
    Alice: Madness Returns(360) $11.98
    Alice: Madness Returns(PS3) $8.98
    Witchblade: The Complete Series dvd $13.00
    Halo 4 sticker free
    Splinter Cell: Endgame novel 50 cents
    Kinect tv mount $4

I got the Halo 4 sticker free because the Microsoft rep loves me. The Sony rep also loves me but he doesn't really give out freebies, atleast not to me. All the games were more clearance finds. I need to stop picking games up for $20 and just wait for them to drop below that during clearances. It would have saved me lots of money this gen. The Witchblade collection was a nice surprise considering I've been watching it on amazon for awhile as the price continued to constantly fluctuate(as most things do on amazon). So when I walked into the movie section and saw it sitting there for such an affordable price I jumped all over it.

Mario, Metroid and Link Boobleheads $20

This was a craigs list find where the dude said he wanted to just get rid of these. I should have asked him if he had any more video game swag. As far as I can tell these are are from the Gamecube days. The Metroid one obviously came out when Metroid Prime released, the Link one arrived with Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker but I'm not sure which game the Mario one came out with. They are all pretty cool but Samus is definitely my favorite.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 04-09-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    This first pic was taken from my import post:

This was a craigs list find where the dude said he wanted to just get rid of these. I should have asked him if he had any more video game swag. As far as I can tell these are are from the Gamecube days. The Metroid one obviously came out when Metroid Prime released, the Link one arrived with Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker but I'm not sure which game the Mario one came out with. They are all pretty cool but Samus is definitely my favorite.
    I've got that Mario one sitting on my shelf near my desk. I don't believe it came out with any specific Mario game, but I do know that it came out during the Gamecube era, along with those other two.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

I bought a lot of crap this weekend so I'm not bothering with pictures. Besides, half of it is still in my vehicle.

Nintendo 64 system w/ controller and cables - $15
    13 Nintendo 64 game lot - $10 (some notables include DK64, Ocarina of Time, and Mario Party 3) - Speaking of which, people are paying $30+ for MP3 now? wtf
    Fat PS2 console with several controllers and cables - $25
    Star Trek: Judgment Rites Limited Edition PC - $5
    Chessmaster Xbox - $2

Well, that's what I have in the house thus far. I spent way too much money this weekend.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PSP Breath of Fire III was $4 at an hole in the wall thrift. The FF Tactics disc was inside the case.
    NES Power Blade and Puss 'N Boots were $4.50 each at an Out of the Closet thrift.
    The Neverhood was $2.99 at a Salvation Army. The manual and disc are in excellent shape.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

First thrift:

Everything for $26.08, Philly is sealed

Guitar was $7.86, everything else $9.45
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

With my tax rebate deposited the other day, I decided to splurge a little. I got:

Eternal Sonata PS3 Version for $29.99 (New) - I knew I could have gotten it for less online, but it was staring me in the face in the game shop and I couldn't resist.

DS Lite Carrying Case for $4.99 (New) - I'm going on a cruise next month, and I wanted a case that could fit my DS and the charger, without taking up a lot of room in my carry-on luggage.

Look & Find Sonic the Hedgehog Book for 1.49 (Used) - It's basically a "Where's Waldo" type book with Sonic characters.

Classic Sonic Plastic Cup w/ Straw (New) - It's meant to hold your drinks without letting them spill. But I took the lid and straw off and am now using a my personal beer cup. There actually was a proper Sonic beer mug in the shop, but it was way too large and expensive for a novelty item.

Pokemon the First Movie DVD for $2.99 (Used) - I've been looking for a this for ages, to replace my aging VHS copy.