Console I own a PS3, used to own a 360, and no Wii. For portable, I own a PSP, Vita, DS, and 3DS.

The PS3 and 360 are, like heybtbm has already mentioned, pretty much the same, just a different controller and online service. Both consoles are great, with most of the best games being multiconsole, but PS3 more exclusive titles that I'm interested in as well as I dislike the 360 controller. I'm picking up a 360 slim when I can get it for cheap, along with the exclusive titles I'm interested in and games that may as well be exclusive(Skyrim.)

The Wii just sucks. I own a few games for it as not all the games are bad, but it's the reason why I still don't own the console. I've played it a decent amount, just haven't seen a reason to purchase it.

The PSP and DS are both amazing systems and my two favorite game systems this gen because of the amount of quality titles released for them. The Vita and 3DS are obviously shadows of their predecessors. Out of the Vita and the 3DS, I like the Vita much better, as with the year lead and the games I've purchased, I enjoy the Vita titles much more.

There is one problem with the Vita and it's from a business perspective that I think Sony screwed up on. Sure the Vita has one of the biggest launch line ups, but then after release there's a huge dry spell because there's no first party nor third party titles really coming out. I don't know whether Sony pulled a Sega Saturn and developers weren't given the development tools until the system was officially announced or what(in the Saturn's case, the developers weren't given the correct release date and Sega was like "surprise bitches!!!!,") but there's no software coming out after the original release other than a few. It also doesn't help the amount of first party titles that Sony released along with the console. I think Uncharted would have been enough. I think they should have held back games more games than they did and released them in the following months or every few weeks.

As for modern gaming? I like it. I think it's the worst gen when it comes to the amount of quality, but a lot of the best games have came out this gen.