Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever have a game "put you in your place"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pretty much every shump,I suck at all of them, so much in fact I pretty much hate the whole genre.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bardoly View Post
    Also for the SNES, I recently picked up a copy of Super Ghouls and Ghosts and my brother and I had a 4-hour marathon, and we never could even get to the end of the first level! Maybe we'll try again sometime soon, but I don't know...
    I beat that damned game ONCE. I literally left my SNES on for 3 days to do so with many, MANY breaks to keep myself from throwing the damned thing out the window because of the insane amount of frustration. The last boss is actually fairly easy once you learn the patterns. Since you really can't affect his position or timing, he runs through pretty much the same exact routine over and over. Thank god, because just getting to him makes you want to kill yourself. Definitely one of the toughest games and series out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Emuaust View Post
    Pretty much every shump,I suck at all of them, so much in fact I pretty much hate the whole genre.
    I sucked so bad at these for a long time, then buddy dropped the simplest tip on me at one point and I got a lot better pretty quickly.

Watch your ship, and pretty much nothing else 99% of the time. If you can keep yourself from getting shot, then everything else usually works itself out.

I'm still no champ though. Watching those vids on youtube of some of the more intense SHMUPs and the guys that make it through almost flawlessly make me feel like the worst gamer ever :/
    Last edited by wiggyx; 04-23-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Emuaust View Post
    For me, it's platform games. I'm bad at precision jumping, and get frustrated with it quickly. 16-bit Pitfall, and another tough one for me is NES Kid Icarus.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Beavis and Butthead for SNES. Why is it so HARD!!!