0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

Default Admitted Norway killer Breivik says he trained on video games

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/19/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

Here comes the Video Game Blame Game!

Lets all just ignore the fact that he was a Religious Psycopath that said he was commanded by god to kill. The Media is nothing but a bunch of cowards, looking for any scapegoat at all other than Religion.

Religion is taking away so many lives its disgusting.

That is just my opinion, I do not want to offend anyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You sound as ignorant as the people you're condemning.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Even letting crap like this register on your radar is a waste of time.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

ooooOOOOHHH RUSTY!!! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    You sound as ignorant as the people you're condemning.
    Really?

http://www.examiner.com/article/mili...aken-seriously

Anders Behring Breivik, self-described “militant Christian,” wants to be taken seriously, and is complaining that he is the subject of ridicule in court proceedings.

The Norwegian anti-Islamic fanatic wants his killing of 77 people last summer to be judged as part of a much larger battle against immigration and multiculturalism, and not as the actions of a mad man. Last July, Breivik killed eight people with a car bomb in Oslo and then shot 69 at a Labour Party summer camp.

In his online writings Breivik, a right wing Islamophobe and Christian extremist, compared Muslims to Nazis, expressed contempt for multi-culturalism and religious tolerance, and strongly identified himself as a Christian conservative.

Breivik was a fan of Tea Party darling Pamela Geller's rabid, anti-Islam website Atlas Shrugs, and made frequent comments there. Indeed Breivik's irrational fear and hatred of Islam and marxism, coupled with his Christian fundamentalism, makes him an ideological twin to many of the most dangerous members of the American Tea Party.

So... According to you, I am ignorant because I see Religion as a source of ignorance and violence, war and genocide?

You have 1 life on this Earth to live. Do not waste it. Live life, love life, and experience as much of it as possible. Because when you die, that is the limit of our knowledge, nobody knows what, if anything, comes next.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess I must have skipped the mission where you have to gun down frightened, unarmed children.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FxMercenary View Post
    Really?
    And guess what, I can find several quotes right now about the subject of this thread and post them up just like you just did about this guy and videogames.

If you don't want things blanketly being condemned out of ignorance, the last thing you want to do to reinforce your argument is proceed to do the same idiotic thing yourself.

Religion and videogames aren't responsible for these things. It's the responsibility of creeps that then proceed to find a scapegoat to justify their decisions or to shift the blame towards. But it's not caused by religion nor is it caused by videogames.

And the media picks up on such things since they make attractive headlines, as you're proof positive of. I can assure you that they expected people that hold videogames in low regard to flock to this article and to share it. And in the same light, they expected the people that get up in arms everytime something with even the vaguest negative hint towards a subject they like or an opinion they dislike to do likewise.

You're no better than the people that will criticize videogaming as playing a significant role in this guy's hate.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 04-19-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The Crusades were based off of killing in the name of God and people are fine with that. What's wrong with this guy doing the same? Just kidding btw.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lets all just ignore the fact that he was a Religious Psycopath that said he was commanded by god to kill. The Media is nothing but a bunch of cowards, looking for any scapegoat at all other than Religion.

That's right. Don't blame gaming, blame religion. That's much less stereotypical.

But you know what, so what if he did practice killing with a PC game? The game was no more a tool than a gun, an automobile or a baseball bat is. So when the next killer claims that they were inspired to kill because of the evening news will they try to prohibit the news as well? I'm waiting for someone to bludgeon someone else to death with a cell phone so we can see your next post about the evils of telephones.
    Last edited by Griking; 04-19-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay, so we absolutely shouldn't blame religion for having something to do with killings historically? Period? Not buying that one fellas. Stereotyping ain't got nothing to do with blaming religion for murder. God, let's not get into this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by misfits859 View Post
    Okay, so we absolutely shouldn't blame religion for having something to do with killings historically? Period? Not buying that one fellas. Stereotyping ain't got nothing to do with blaming religion for murder. God, let's not get into this...
    Okay...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by misfits859 View Post
    I'd rather blame a deranged person. My cat told me to kill my neighbor so lets all agree that all cats are evil. Deal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess you missed when this first made headlines right after he was caught.....last year.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The only thing I blame video games for is my inability to buy video games because I spent all my money on video games. I wonder what medium will get blamed after video games are a passé form of entertainment, like comic books..

People always have an excuse for their actions. welcome to human.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

I must have missed the Sunday school lesson where Jesus tells everyone to kill non Christians......
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Meh, if its not religion then it something else.

People kill other people any number of reasons, religion is just an easy target for observers after the fact since it can be twisted or interpreted however the individual wants to view it as. Yes religion has been used in the past as an excuse for atrocities but it rarely was the only reason, many times it was for land or riches with the subtext of "converting the heathens" or some other nonsense. This is not a defense of religion at all but I seriously don't think that any conflicts would be solved by just magically eliminating religion. Besides it sounds as though if you took religion out of this equation he would still have plenty of reasons to go on his insane rampage on his own logic.

Anyways anyone who used COD to "train" is a joke, except in the case of maybe psyching yourself up if your screwed up enough to do something like this. Modern Warfare cannot prepare you for real recoil, loading quickly and effectively, or any problems you might encounter using actual firearms except for MAYBE showing you how to properly chamber a round depending on how accurate the model and animation is in-game. It also really can't teach you effective tactics either with the way the game is setup as a run-in-gun shooter.