Thread: Fez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Fez

Anyone else playing it? It's pretty amazing, even though we've been inundated with indie 8-bit throwback platformers in the past few years. The amount of detail in this game is pretty ridiculous. I just got the first ending, and there's so much that I haven't even seen. Definitely worth the 10 bucks.

**Can we keep this thread free of "blah blah, I won't buy this game because of what Phil Fish said" stuff? Yeah, he said something dumb but his game is totally worth playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpman View Post
    **Can we keep this thread free of "blah blah, I won't buy this game because of what Phil Fish said" stuff? Yeah, he said something dumb but his game is totally worth playing.
    Probably not.

Anyway, I haven't tried the game yet and probably won't unless it comes to Steam.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    Probably not.

Anyway, I haven't tried the game yet and probably won't unless it comes to Steam.
    I'm in this boat too, not really interested unless it gets a PS3 or PC release and from what I've hear thats likely to take a long time.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Phil fishface is a douche so no support

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not going to hate a game because the guy that made it may have offended some crybaby japanophiles.

I played a bit of the game at a friends house last night, and while we only got far enough to decrypt the alphabet, what I played was quite polished.
    My expectations were pretty low given the glut of 'retro' platformers, so maybe I'm being generous, but it reminded me a bit of Cave Story and Super Paper Mario, which is a good thing.
    I wish there was a crouch animation, though.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I'm not going to hate a game because the guy that made it may have offended some crybaby japanophiles.
    If you really want this thread to remain fight-free, you shouldn't try to bait those of us who dislike him over his comments.

Count me in the "This should've had a PC release" camp. Didn't he sign some sort of exclusivity contract with Microsoft? If he did then it probably includes a "No other consoles" clause somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I played it a bit and found it to be pretty enjoyable. It's unfortunate that people are going to miss out on it due to a grudge over something the dude said, especially if they have a 360 to play it on.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't tried it yet but I have watched the recently released XBL video. And theres no way I would miss out on a game just because of some dude's comments. I didn't know it was available yet so I'll be downloading the demo soon to give it a test drive.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In regard to the creator's comments, I don't entirely disagree. If you play the game, I think you'll understand his position a bit better. I don't agree either, but you don't see this kind of gameplay depth in a lot of modern Japanese games.

I'm really enjoying it. It's a game that requires a very different way of thinking, and I absolutely love that challenge. This does for platforming what Portal did for the FPS. My only complaints are the lack of a compass to determine which way you're going, and the less-than-perfect framerate.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It definitely looks good, but I guess I'll have to wait for a PC release because I don't have a 360. I wish console exclusives were a thing of the past because today's hardware produces output that is largely the same with its competitors (compared to the vast differences of older systems). Even the next gen is rumored to be using largely the same hardware, so it makes system exclusives even more absurd (and frustrating).

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is anyone else still playing Fez? I finally had the time to reach the first ending and I'm absolutely loving it. Now I get to go through the game with a notebook to make sense of all the rest of the puzzles.

I made it to the first ending with 27 cubes and 8 anti-cubes. I'm having more fun finding the anti-cubes.