Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: May 2012 Finds

Strawberry (Level 2) cityside75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    I just rescued a loose, dusty JVC X'EYE from the local Lutheran thrift store on my lunch break. Console, power brick, RF adapter, and a 3rd party controller. Can't wait to get home, clean it up, and test it.

Edit, update: the cart slot side works. Now to find a SCD disc to test the other half. Might have one in storage, I've never actually collected for Sega CD.
    Wow, nice find...how much did you pay? Also, you can test the drive with any audio CD. If it plays, it likely works.

My only significant finds lately were a Master System bundle (3 games, 2 controllers, phaser, sports pad (trackball) and all cords for $10 at a local garage sale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I was able to find some good stuff at Fanime and most importantly over all I didn't spend all that much money.

Fuse bead sprites were $14 total if I'm remembering correctly. Jubilee from Marvel Vs. Capcom, Higgins from Adventure Island and a Pooka from Dig Dug. I was content with Higgins and the Pooka but my girlfriend couldn't leave without Jubilee.

All of this was from the swap meet.

PCEngine console, controller, Momotaro Densetsu II HuCARD and Excitebike and Solomon no Kagi for the Famicom were $17.00 total. I wish I had gotten to this guy sooner since I can only imagine the treasure trove of stuff he must have had. Solomon no Kagi is just Solomon's Key but I've been on a GameCenter CX kick lately so I grabbed it. The PCEngine works fine, just needs a clean up and a good old AV mod. There was one more loose PCEngine after I bought this one and the seller said he had a bunch of Famicom consoles but sold out fast. In hindsight I should have grabbed the other $15.00 PCEngine but I decided to leave it for someone else.

PS2 - River King A Wonderful Journey (complete) $5.00

PS1 - JPN DDR 4th Mix (complete) and DDR 5th Mix (sealed) were $10.00 each. Like a dope I left behind a copy of DDR Extra Mix thinking I had bought a copy last month.

PS1 - The Granstream Saga (complete) $5.00

Hand made Metroid beanie that I couldn't resist buying and then couldn't resist wearing for the remainder of the show - $15.00.

Non-gaming stuff for anyone interested.

ReBoot guardian button and 8 Man, Lensman, and Robot Carnival pins.

Roujin Z DVD (sealed) - $20.00 - one of my favorite anime movies, fair regular price but I haven't seen a copy in forever.
    Phoenix Volume 2, Future - can't remember the price since my girlfriend bought a ton of stuff from the vendor lumped in with this.
    C.O.P.S. Volume 1 (complete) - $10.00 - solid price from a guy in the swap meet.
    Speed Racer / Mach GoGoGo manga box set - $10.00 - saved a couple bucks and it beats having it demolished in shipping.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 05-30-2012 at 01:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yesterday was a dollar day for me. Three games, a buck each.

Game Gear:
    Ax Battler: A Legend of Golden Axe
    Super Columns

PS2:
    Star Wars Battlefront II (complete)

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    They were all sold by today, even the Intellivision games. I personally don't collect many of the older systems unless it's something really interesting(usually this means rare), and as everything is untested and final sale I didn't want to bother buying them just to try selling them for $10 each. I don't have the space to just store them for months when I'm not planning to keep them. I am surprised that the Intellivision stuff sold, last year I bundled 3 complete games together for $5 total and it still took me months to sell them. I have no idea who would buy them at $5.99 plus tax each.
    Yea Intellivision games, unless they're 3rd party rarer titles I don't bother with. I can't say I've ever run across boxed colecovision games often so I would have been interested even in dirt common ones. As for the 2600, I'm always interested in boxed versions of games I already own loose. For example, I'd probably pay $5 or $6 for boxed breakout or superbreakout since I don't have CIB versions and they're two of my favorite games.

I'm a lot more selective now with what I buy, no more buying everything I come across just because it's video game related.
    Yea me too. I hardly buy anything anymore since my collection is all but complete. I rarely even go "hunting" anymore.

Insert Coin (Level 0) VideoGameRescue's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Rebel Minja

I bought a game store at a flea market for $3000.

More pictures at my site

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Bought a Halo Edition Xbox for $47.20 even though I can't sell the one I have.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked up the latest issues of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Universe.

On the way back from the comic shop, I stopped in at local thrift and found the following CD/DVD shelf for $12.60. Now I can finally display the rest of my console games.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope to get some neat stuff at OMGcon - time to retire the Alphonse Elric phone strap from 2010.

@InsaneDavid - I got that Speed Racer set at the Paducah Books-a-Million a couple of years back - was $20 instead of $10, but still really cool.

Hoping to find another early-release manga (last year was Phoenix Wright vol. 1) and maybe some goodies.

Oh yeah, and despite the best efforts of Hastings, I got Night Raid 1931 today.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by cityside75 View Post
    Wow, nice find...how much did you pay? Also, you can test the drive with any audio CD. If it plays, it likely works.

My only significant finds lately were a Master System bundle (3 games, 2 controllers, phaser, sports pad (trackball) and all cords for $10 at a local garage sale.
    It was 5 bucks. And it works. Picked up the only SCD game at my local used game store (Microcosm) to use as a test and it played fine.

Also picked up Donkey Kong Land, Tetris, and Wrestlemania 2000 (Gameboy, all loose) for 1.99 each at goodwill.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Myst is complete and in great condition, Punch Out is obviously cart only but the label is really nice. 3 bucks each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My lone find at a Goodwill I checked out this evening: Lode Runner for the PlayStation. $2.99.

Last edited by DigitalSpace; 05-31-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Peach (Level 3) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default May 2012 Finds

Had a friend give me a snes cart Super Mario Allstars/Super Mario World for free! Glad I didn't buy one!

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I scored some great stuff today!

Tomba 2: The Evil Swine Return for $5.00 (Used, Complete) - I bought this to replace my incomplete copy. I just looked up the current used prices for the game, and it looks like even though my current copy is missing the manual, I'll still make a decent profit.

Pinocchio 70th Anniversary Edition DVD for $3.00 (New)

Cinderella Special Edition DVD for $3.00 (New)

Fiddler on the Roof for $3.00 (Used)

Last edited by SEGA_Queen; 05-31-2012 at 06:30 PM.