Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: May 2012 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Okay...

So today was mostly a bust. No CDs, no games, no music, no software. Nothing. I was pretty sad because I found nothing. Then I went to a booth that was just dumping stuff and I saw this.

... not just one, though. There were quite a few of these. BRAND NEW IN THE BAGGIE. I grabbed 'em all up and the seller wanted me to pay $1 for five... but I negotiated (before she realized just how many I grabbed) and ended up charging me six bucks.

Six dollars. For eighty one sealed Lunar Silver Star Story Complete maps. I'm not kidding. I figured, I can probably sell or trade these for cheap stuff but holy poop someone sold a used one of these for thirteen bucks on eBay last week. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'M GONNA MAKE A LOT OF MONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY (yeah right)

Also of note that booth had a disc only Dark Wizard, and the back of a Vay case, both for Sega CD. Whoever had this stuff before was probably a Working Designs nut of a sort. Too bad the games were trashed.
    I would also be interested in a couple if you start to offload them, I've got a couple collectors sets that are missing them.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

And things keep getting a bit better...

I picked up a CD from a booth on Monday - The Chemical Brothers' "Come With Us" but when I got home I realized that the case had the wrong CD inside (Surrender). I needed a replacement disc for that since my own copy was unrippable, but I was still missing "Come With Me" so I decided to go to the same booth to see if I found a Surrender with the wrong disc. I didn't. Instead I found these...

Front Mission 3
    Confidential Mission
    Skies of Arcadia (missing disc 1)
    $4

I saw a bunch of Dreamcast games at a booth and I already owned all of them, except Confidential Mission and Skies of Arcadia. I picked up Skies first, but was sad at not finding disc 1 in there. So I grabbed Confidential Mission, walked around the booth, and noticed Front Mission 3 just sitting there on top of a bunch of DVDs. I grabbed it, it looked fine, so I asked for a price and the seller said "$3". I asked if that was per game or for both... she said for both. I would've gladly paid $3 each but hey, I'm not complaining! I was about to leave but I asked about the Skies with the missing disc and the seller said I could have it for a buck. I'll try to track down disc 1 now.

This is the same booth where I got Saga Frontier a bit ago for $3, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found a game I've been wanting to try for a while:

Jade Cocoon: Story of the Tamamayu for $10 (Used, Complete)

I was browsing through one of my local hunting spots, and I noticed this one among a stack of unpriced PS1 games behind the counter. The shop owner let me have it for $10, mentioning that he hadn't looked up the value yet, and I was probably getting a deal. After looking up the value myself, I only saved around 5 - 7 bucks. Here's a interesting fact: the game's characters were designed by a member of Studio Ghibli.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Some cool finds from the goodwill store earlier today:

-Color books (x2) ~ .25 cents each
    -Pokemon Platinum (Brand New x2) ~ $5 each
    -Pokemon Black (Brand New) ~ $5

-Psyduck sound moving toy ~ .99 cents
    -Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles poker cards ~ .99 cents

-Metroid Prime Trilogy (Complete and in Near Mint condition) ~ $5

A good way to end my final semester in college with some great games to add to my collection

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

I wish my Goodwill was that awesome...

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The last of my stuff has finally arrived.

Running Microsoft Office 2000 book $1
    Norton AntiVirus for Mac $3
    Microsoft Works Suite 2002 $3
    Microsoft Office 97 Standard Edition $3
    Windows ME ugrade disc $3
    Castlevania: Judgement(Wii) $6.99
    Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom(Wii) $9.99
    Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles(PSP) $9.99
    Tekken: Dark Ressurection(PSP) $9.99
    Final Fantasy Chronicles(PS1) 3 for $10
    Klonoa(PS1) 3 for $10
    Ghost In The Shell(PS1) 3 for $10

Goodwill had a bunch of Microsoft software but I only grabbed the stuff with cd keys. I should have probably passed on the Windows ME disc though. The Wii and PSP games were all clearance games. I needed more reasons to play my Wii and PSP. But the PSP will definitely be played for these. I found the PS1 games at a flea market in the city. It's nice to see that Klonoa is still rare after all this time.

Smallville seasons 1-5 $4 each
    Pride Championship belt $2
    Panasonic HDD DVD Recorder $20
    Halo: The Fall of Reach novel 63 cents
    Vampire Hunter D vhs $1

Seasons 4 and 5 of Smallville aren't pictured because I gave those to my mom to further complete her collection. I found a Panasonic hdd and dvd recorder a few months ago at a Goodwill for the same $20 and quickly flipped it for $400. Unfortunately this one doesn't have a remote or a/v cables. It's going to take some work but I think I can make it doable. I don't think I've ever watched the first VHD anime yet but the second is one of my favorite anime movies. And I never get tired of wrestling and mma belts to hang up in my room of doom.

Conker's Bad Fur Day(N64) sealed $61
    Pokemon Yellow(GB) $3.50
    Pokemon Crystal(GB) $3.50
    Pokemon Gold(GB) $3.50
    Help Wanted demo(Wii)
    Marble Saga demo(Wii)
    Marble Saga beanie new

Conker's isn't the best copy I've ever seen but it's still factory sealed and thats gotta count for something. The three Pokemon games were Goodwill finds. They were mixed in several bins of portable games, scattered thru out. I was hoping to find all the other colors but the only other thing I found was the Pokemon Pinball game and I passed on that because I had one before that took me forever to sell. The two Wii demos and beanie were all from a $10 lot I won in an auction. I just wanted the demos but the beanie is a nice bonus.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 05-03-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I don't think I've ever watched the first VHD anime yet but the second is one of my favorite anime movies.
    Don't set your hopes too high, the second film was great but the first was pretty terrible. I watched the first after seeing the second and was very disappointed. The first was released in North America as a theatrical film but it was originally produced as a direct-to-video OVA in Japan, the second was produced as a film originally so it had a higher budget. Nice finds with those PS1 games btw.

I did find something today, a complete copy of Chrono Cross for $2.99 plus tax. I was happier about something else though, I mentioned last month about having a copy of Microsoft Word 98 for Mac and I ended up selling it today. Someone needed it to read old documents created in the mid 90's. I'm happy it's gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    I wish my Goodwill was that awesome...
    Don't give up, some searches will be fruitless while other times, it may be worth the effort. It's mostly a combination of luck, being patient, and being there at the right place and time

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Default smallville

Why does it look like the smallvilles are signed?

The last of my stuff has finally arrived.

Running Microsoft Office 2000 book $1
    Norton AntiVirus for Mac $3
    Microsoft Works Suite 2002 $3
    Microsoft Office 97 Standard Edition $3
    Windows ME ugrade disc $3
    Castlevania: Judgement(Wii) $6.99
    Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom(Wii) $9.99
    Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles(PSP) $9.99
    Tekken: Dark Ressurection(PSP) $9.99
    Final Fantasy Chronicles(PS1) 3 for $10
    Klonoa(PS1) 3 for $10
    Ghost In The Shell(PS1) 3 for $10

Goodwill had a bunch of Microsoft software but I only grabbed the stuff with cd keys. I should have probably passed on the Windows ME disc though. The Wii and PSP games were all clearance games. I needed more reasons to play my Wii and PSP. But the PSP will definitely be played for these. I found the PS1 games at a flea market in the city. It's nice to see that Klonoa is still rare after all this time.

Smallville seasons 1-5 $4 each
    Pride Championship belt $2
    Panasonic HDD DVD Recorder $20
    Halo: The Fall of Reach novel 63 cents
    Vampire Hunter D vhs $1

Seasons 4 and 5 of Smallville aren't pictured because I gave those to my mom to further complete her collection. I found a Panasonic hdd and dvd recorder a few months ago at a Goodwill for the same $20 and quickly flipped it for $400. Unfortunately this one doesn't have a remote or a/v cables. It's going to take some work but I think I can make it doable. I don't think I've ever watched the first VHD anime yet but the second is one of my favorite anime movies. And I never get tired of wrestling and mma belts to hang up in my room of doom.

Conker's Bad Fur Day(N64) sealed $61
    Pokemon Yellow(GB) $3.50
    Pokemon Crystal(GB) $3.50
    Pokemon Gold(GB) $3.50
    Help Wanted demo(Wii)
    Marble Saga demo(Wii)
    Marble Saga beanie new

Conker's isn't the best copy I've ever seen but it's still factory sealed and thats gotta count for something. The three Pokemon games were Goodwill finds. They were mixed in several bins of portable games, scattered thru out. I was hoping to find all the other colors but the only other thing I found was the Pokemon Pinball game and I passed on that because I had one before that took me forever to sell. The two Wii demos and beanie were all from a $10 lot I won in an auction. I just wanted the demos but the beanie is a nice bonus.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Enmity View Post
    Looks like they have "3.99" written on 'em to me. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Might be it just doesn't look like that to me for some reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Might be it just doesn't look like that to me for some reason.
    It's written upside down as $3.03, some Goodwills price things weird for some reason. No idea why they charged him $4 each, I guess they couldn't read it properly. Worked out well for me once, I was charged $2.02 for PC software that was priced $2.52. I didn't notice until I got home and checked the receipt, it's really their fault for being too cheap to use actual price stickers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    It's written upside down as $3.03, some Goodwills price things weird for some reason.
    Yeah those are price tags and they actually say "$3.93". Don't ask me why but thats how they price their items, like the "63 cents" novels. I put the price of the Pride Championship belt as $2 but it's actually priced $1.91. I don't know what their fascination with odd numbers is but apparently thats how they roll.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 05-04-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I was mostly looking at the one in the middle and I couldn't see that as a "9". It's just weird. I've noticed that Goodwills with weird pricing just write the price on everything while the ones with normal "X.99" pricing use actual price tags. I'm not sure why it varies so much depending on the location.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Yeah those are price tags and they actually say "$3.93". Don't ask me why but thats how they price their items, like the "63 cents" novels. I put the price of the Pride Championship belt as $2 but it's actually priced $1.91. I don't know what their fasination with odd numbers is but apparently thats how they roll.
    I've come to believe that pricing like that is done to make it harder for crooks to change the prices, especially at places where the write the price on with a grease pen. I've brought stuff up that clearly looked like a certain price and they'll say 'we don't have anything that would have that price' and either take it for re-pricing or correct the price. Not saying it is a particularly effective method. Or maybe it helps them with inventory.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by Zama View Post
    Don't give up, some searches will be fruitless while other times, it may be worth the effort. It's mostly a combination of luck, being patient, and being there at the right place and time
    Actually, I should have probably said my Goodwill USED to be awesome... I used to be able to find boxed NES and SNES games there on a regular basis, but over the past two years it steadily got worse... most likely due to the lurkers who hang out there all day waiting for new merch to be wheeled out. Blah.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Found a Panasonic FZ-35S with a GMC retail DVD in it at a local thrift. Not exactly a gaming find, but not too far away from one
    Egbert, I miss you...

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tuesday:
    $4.30 Windows 3.1 3.5'' Floppy version new
    $10 1 P5NT motherboard and 2 Spanish Windows Vista Home Basic SP1 OEM packs both missing the COA

Today:
    $3.99 Super Bonk (SNES)
    $2 The Legend of Zelda Two Game Bonus Disc (Near Mint too)
    $50 Broken Westinghouse SK-32H540S, looks like a $20 Transformer burned up, easy fix.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

I'll post some pics up tomorrow but I found a 360 Rock Band lot at the local auction house tonight. $7 grabbed me the drums, stand, some parts, but notably one of the Gibson guitars.

Also picked one of these up for $65:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...+custon&_rdc=1

However, the one I bought is missing the strings and needs some TLC. Probably going to sell it as-is because I don't know anything about guitar repair. Also came with the factory (I believe) case but it's also in POS condition. Then I picked up a huge box of various NIB Rocketfish and Dynex gear (S-Video cables, cell phone covers, etc) for $17. Also grabbed a NIB portable 5" B&W tv for $2. Can't remember the maker but it's not a "cheapo" brand. Maybe Samsung?

I think that's it besides some random odds and ends. Oh, and a Radio Shack metal detector for $10.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yardsales 5-4&5-12

Rumble Roses XX (No Manual) - 3
    The Greatest Wrestling Stars of The '80s - 1
    Twilight Princess & Tools of Destruction (Both Complete) - 7
    Hardball III - .25

TP was 5 and I'm guessing ToD was also, took my offer of 7 for both. Offered .25 for the baseball game. Other two were asking price.