Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think Wii U will let you use two tablet controllers at a time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Meh. That's better than 360 and PS3, but it's still a two year old chipset. It shouldn't cost $400.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    The system is due for launch on November the 23rd, for between $350 and $450. Price not entirely set yet.
    http://www.gamesradar.com/e3-rumors-...f-not-made-up/
    Nintendo is batshit insane if they even think about a price above $299, and honestly, $299 is too much as well. The only way they should price it at $299, is if they are going to be supply constrained anyways, and simply want an extra $50 from their diehard constituency.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Nintendo is batshit insane if they even think about a price above $299, and honestly, $299 is too much as well. The only way they should price it at $299, is if they are going to be supply constrained anyways, and simply want an extra $50 from their diehard constituency.
    I think after the 3DS slow sales after launch, Nintendo will be much more aggressive on pricing this generation, kind of like they were with the Wii. I am actually more curious about where Sony and Microsoft will come in next year. I'm guessing they will both shoot for a $300 box.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that Nintendo will only allow one tablet controller in use at launch but eventually they will do a firmware update to allow you to use two or more.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I think after the 3DS slow sales after launch, Nintendo will be much more aggressive on pricing this generation, kind of like they were with the Wii. I am actually more curious about where Sony and Microsoft will come in next year. I'm guessing they will both shoot for a $300 box.
    I'd have to guess that both Microsoft and Sony are looking at $399.99 . Reason being, they both don't need to immediately kill off the 360 and PS3. Those systems prices will get lower, and tons of games will still come out for them well into 2014 and even a bit in 2015. The price of the PS4 and Xbox Next can start out pretty high at $399.99 (the launch price of the Xbox 360 by the way), and sell to their base, and then lower it to $349.99 when need be. Then of course, they will hit $299.99 and probably stay at that price for 3 or 4 years. That seems to be the trend.

As for Nintendo, if they are really going to be supply constrained, and they don't have a killer Mario game, then maybe they can get away with $299 and still sell out. If they aren't supply constrained, and have a killer Mario, then I think they need to come out at $249.99 and try so sell as much as they possibly can. This system won't likely have a pack-in, I'm guessing. Maybe a demo disk. If they go with $299, they better throw in a pack-in again. (The Wii was $249.99 originally, and included Wii Sports)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    I'd have to guess that both Microsoft and Sony are looking at $399.99 . Reason being, they both don't need to immediately kill off the 360 and PS3. Those systems prices will get lower, and tons of games will still come out for them well into 2014 and even a bit in 2015. The price of the PS4 and Xbox Next can start out pretty high at $399.99 (the launch price of the Xbox 360 by the way), and sell to their base, and then lower it to $349.99 when need be. Then of course, they will hit $299.99 and probably stay at that price for 3 or 4 years. That seems to be the trend.
    I'm guessing that Microsoft will actually launch with two sku's again since that not only worked out really well for them last time but also forced Sony to take a similiar route. As for price, they'll probably launch with the same two prices they used for the 360 launch: $299 for a stripped down lower end model and $399 for the premium stacked model with all the bells and whistles.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.