First party, third party, doesn't matter. When it comes this generations publishers, my favorites have been Sony, EA, Xseed, and Sega. My favorite developers have been From Software and Falcom.

My favorite developer though, as amazing as the games are that the others have released, has got to be EA. They have so many games that I can say are some of the best I've ever played in their genre. Sure they might buy out the best developers, but one good thing about EA is they give their developers the funding to actually produce some great titles.

I've just recently played Army of Two 40th Day at my friends and although the game isn't too long, the game is the best third person shooter I've ever played. Gears of War and Uncharted are amazing games, and while I like the Uncharted series slightly better because of the platforming aspect and storyline, Army of Two 40th day is the best pure shooter. There's so much added into the game that it just does right. There are some parts they allow you to rescue hostages. Working with your partner, you can tag enemies so your partner will see them, and you'll have to have someone who you work well with that can work quick with you depending on the situation. Are you going to go in there and kill them or will you try to capture them. You also have customizable weapons that you can just upgrade on your own, or you can work it around your partners equipment. Gold weapons? Bling bling, mother fucker. Depending on your weapons, the enemies will be more on you or on your partner.

Dead Space 2. Another game that I've passed on the first one and just recently played the second one. Resident Evil 4 style, but something is missing from Resident Evil 4 that I just didn't like. That's right. It's not survival horror. It's thrown away the survival horror and is nothing more than just third person shooting from beginning to end, except that the shooting on the game is lackluster. Capcom could seriously take notes from Visceral, as Dead Space takes the Resident Evil 4 style and has still has the survival horror down. If you want a co op shooter, Resident Evil 5 is an amazing game, but if you want a survival horror shooter, then Dead Space is amazing. Dead Space Extraction uses the same style but instead is a length and very good light gun shooter.

Dante's Inferno is the best stylish action game since Devil May Cry 3, although Lords of Shadows later came out and is better, Dante's Inferno is still an amazing game. The Saboteur is only slightly worse than Grand Theft Auto 4 and Scarface the World is Yours, doing a lot of things better than both of those games, but then some other things worse(such as no boats.) Mirror's Edge, Dragon Age Origins, etc. There are others I haven't played or put a lot of time into, such as Battlefield 3, but there are so many amazing games that have been published by EA this gen.

When games like Army of Two 40th Day and Dead Space 2 are so good as to get me to go out and purchase the previous games right after I play them, then that's telling you the games are that good. There are other amazing games this gen, like Twisted Metal, Uncharted, Yakuza 4, Vanquish, Brave Story, Trails in the Sky, etc, and a lot of great games from Sony, Nintendo, Sega, Xseed, Atlus, Microsoft, etc, but EA just stands above them releasing an overall larger amount of quality than others.