Thread: E3 2012 Predictions: What Do You Want To See?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default E3 2012 Predictions: What Do You Want To See?

We are exactly one week away from the first E3 press conferences and I can pretty much already tell you how they are going to go down. Microsoft will spend entirely too much time focusing on Kinect despite no casual gamers actually being in attendence or watching to care, Sony will unveil some "new" game or accessory that either Nintendo or Microsoft has already released a similiar version of and Nintendo will revive an old franchise during the only part of their conference that isn't putting people to sleep. But predictions are easy. We all know that Nintendo is going to be detailing the Wii U and that neither Microsoft or Sony will be mentioning their next gen systems. So what I want to know is what is it that you want to see next week from the big 3 and any other publishers you like? Here's my short list:

Sony: Two words--Syphon Filter.....in a new PS3 game. Ok so thats a little more than two words but I really want to see a new version of this game for PS3. I mean, we're only 7 years into this gen so it's not like it isn't long over due. I'd also like to see them make some announcement about making the mandatory downloads quicker to install so we can get to our gaming faster. Not likely but it's one of the things I'd like to hear from them.

Microsoft: I suppose first I'd like them to keep Kinect content under 10 minutes of their whole conference. Barring that miracle I'd like to see an update on the Alan Wake franchise. Will there be another game and will it be this gen or next? I'd also like to see them announce one more killer exclusive before this gen is over. On the non-gaming front they need to keep those free apps coming, especially the free video ones.

Nintendo: They will devote most of their show to Wii U anyway so I want them to give me a reason why I should go out and buy it this year. And no, Mario and Zelda won't cut it anymore. As the first to market I want to see them announce a killer third party exclusive on par to Gears of War for the 360. It doesn't have to be a shooter or that graphic, just something unique to their system that you can't experience anywhere else. And it's been rumored but I want to see them finally do away with friend codes for online gaming.

Bioware: Dear Bioware, The Old Republic is not the WOW killer you thought it was, which is why you had to recently cut jobs in that division. Please make Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic 3 as you no longer have any excuses not to. Signed your fans.

Square Enix: Publish a new Bust A Groove game. Purchase Metro Graphics if you need to. Purchasing Eidos worked for you and this can too. Or atleast it'd work for me.

Thats all I have for now. So what do you peeps want to see next week announced at E3?
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Wii-U will have Dragon Quest X
    Wii has The Last Story,Xenoblade,Pandoras Tower from Nintendo Published/dveloped

So they did do more than Mario Zelda

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How about no sequels and games that innovate in terms of gameplay and play mechanics? I know, I'm crazy, but I can dream...
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Final Fantasy Versus XIII, that is all...

With all of the high-def re-makes and collections that are coming out for PS3 right now, it seems like sacrilege that they don't finally give us the re-make that the whole world wants more than anything, Final Fantasy 6!!! (oh, there might also be a small potential market for FF7 as well, but Square seems committed to not making that one go down...)

I will second KOTOR 3, but I don't see that announcement coming until the game has already had some serious development time already invested in it and I don't think they've even started.

Lost Planet is ripe for a third installment. I think Myst is well overdue for something new to be added to the franchise. With all of the anniversary collections, I've just got one question... Where the Hell is my 25th Anniversary Castlevania collection?!? Oh well, I'm still playing Mario Party 9, I can wait for a killer app a little while longer.

Speaking of killer apps, I think it's about time PC users abandon Skyrim as their graphics high-water mark. So, in order for that to happen, we'll need Crysis 3 please. Oh, and this time don't worry about having it come out for consoles. I want it in all of it's video card-torturing, cpu-destroying, motherboard-melting glory! Shoot, let's get it in 3d... I want to see the devestation first-hand on Youtube. Hopes dashed, dreams crushed, legions of so-called hardcore users with tears streaming down their faces as they stand together in front of a pile of their annhilated "gaming rigs", now reduced to nothing more than a smoldering lump of plastic and aluminum... Wow, it's way too early to be this sadistic! But seriously, Crysis 3 please. I've got a machine I need to put through it's paces....

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Dreamcast 2 obviously.

Seriously, I am intrigued by something Geoff Keighley said:

"Today we filmed a huge top secret game reveal for our E3 coverage. Can't wait to share it with you - no one will see this one coming." -Geoff Keighley

I wonder what game he could be talking about. It's gotta be something that hasn't been announced, but that everyone will recognize (a sequel). I'm thinking it'll be one of the Nintendo franchises, perhaps another Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime.
    Last edited by Orion Pimpdaddy; 05-29-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Battlefront III. I do not care what system, just make it happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

My wishlist...

1.) I want the Wii U to be awesome...oh, and get a name change.

2.) Kinect/Move/Motion controls in general: Dead.

3.) Dragon Quest X: MMORPG canceled (due to no one giving a shit).

4.) Just Cause 3 announced.

5.) More info about GTA V.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Pimpdaddy View Post
    Dreamcast 2
    Beat me to it.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Watched Sony's conference alittle earlier and it also was ok....until they got to the Move Storybook bullshit. That lasted for roughly 15 minutes and I started browsing other sites. It also reminded me of the times at E3 during the PS2 days when Sony would spend a significant amount of time going over sales figures and bragging about how they were number one in the world. Thats one good thing that has come with them being last place this gen--no more boring sales figures lectures in the middle of their E3 conference filled with pie charts and graphs.

There weren't any real surprises at their conference unless you consider the Assassins Creed PS3 and Vita bundles a surprise. But Beyond looked interesting and I'm of course keeping my eyes on GOW: Ascension and The Last of Us. It was nice getting to see both these shows on the same day this year since I can only take off one day for this. But neither show was as entertaining as years past. EA's show actually had the biggest surprise with the UFC announcement but I would have expected something like that in a few years once THQ goes under.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.