Thread: FS: Elemental Gearbolt Assassin's Case

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought that these had a red memory card, http://www.game-rave.com/psx_galleri...ase/index.html
    Edit: http://www.gamesniped.com/2008/01/22...ssassins-case/ Seems there are variants of even this WD item, this appears to be the rarer of the two.
    Last edited by Tokimemofan; 06-12-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Please tell me that $6k is not the normal selling price for these. I screwed up big time if it is.
    $1200 is the highest ever for one, though that one did have a Working Designs Sheet with it. I paid $550 for mine with the red Memory Card and WD Sheet.

I thought that these had a red memory card, http://www.game-rave.com/psx_galleri...ase/index.html
    Edit: http://www.gamesniped.com/2008/01/22...ssassins-case/ Seems there are variants of even this WD item, this appears to be the rarer of the two.
    There were some with red, some with gold. I had at least 3 confirmed red card versions, and 3 or 4 gold card confirmations. I was tracking them using the Winners Lists from way back when, but the Mac that had that info was taken in a home burglary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Should also be mentioned that they aren't gold PLATED, but gold PAINTED. The paint can rub off with sweaty hands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    $1200 is the highest ever for one, though that one did have a Working Designs Sheet with it. I paid $550 for mine with the red Memory Card and WD Sheet.
    Yeah, I'd priced the next one that showed up around $1500-$2000 in my head based on rarity and inflation, and as much as I'd love to add this to my collection the asking price of $6k is well beyond what I would pay for it.

It's one of the few pieces of Working Designs memorabilia that I'm missing, though it's starting to reach the point where it might be cheaper to just make your own

Regardless, good luck with the sale Shou.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought the last one on Ebay was well in the $3000s and that was years ago.

Anyhow, I can put it back into the vault and wait for it to gain more value. It's not like they're becoming more common.
    BECOME HISTORY

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    I thought the last one on Ebay was well in the $3000s and that was years ago.

Anyhow, I can put it back into the vault and wait for it to gain more value. It's not like they're becoming more common.
    Or lose value over time as the plastic and metal start to decay. I always find it funny when someone shows up here with a rare item obviously anxious to sell it but asking way above fair market value. When people try to explain the sales history (i.e. use some logic and potentially help the seller price the item), the seller then wants to take their toys and go home. Sellers just need to get a lot more realistic. If you paid a couple thousand for something (which I'm assuming was something in the range of what you paid or maybe a lot less), you're not entitled to a 3X return for holding onto it for a few years. Similarly, not all items double or triple over time. Some just rise slowly as the potential pool of buyers increases or more likely, stay the same therefore keeping prices at about the same level or maybe lower.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Or lose value over time as the plastic and metal start to decay. I always find it funny when someone shows up here with a rare item obviously anxious to sell it but asking way above fair market value. When people try to explain the sales history (i.e. use some logic and potentially help the seller price the item), the seller then wants to take their toys and go home. Sellers just need to get a lot more realistic. If you paid a couple thousand for something (which I'm assuming was something in the range of what you paid or maybe a lot less), you're not entitled to a 3X return for holding onto it for a few years. Similarly, not all items double or triple over time. Some just rise slowly as the potential pool of buyers increases or more likely, stay the same therefore keeping prices at about the same level or maybe lower.
    May I please borrow this? There are some Sailor Moon merchandise sellers (and buyers) that need to be beaten with the +5 Aluminum Bat of Common Sense.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The last one on ebay hit around $3300 but there are more of these out there than people think...
    40+...

$3300? I must have missed one since Chris Johnson's was up. Way, way to much...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Would 6k be the record for ANY PS1 item?

Good luck with your sale. We don't see these cases sold often.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    The last one on ebay hit around $3300 but there are more of these out there than people think...

A few of the magazine guys got them as well so it's not just "winners" that have them.

The thing that gets me is that it is a gold painted Namco gun; the case is the kicker on this one, it is nice but I don't think any PlayStation collectors will jump on it "actively" for sale at $6000.

40+...

$3300? I must have missed one since Chris Johnson's was up. Way, way to much...

I was going to say something similar, I've never heard of a copy going that high. You guys both know your stuff but I'd love to see a screen shot or something of this auction.

Or was this like that guy who buys the sealed NES black box games for $12k and then negotiates the actual paid price down?