Quote Originally Posted by alec006 View Post
That particular convertor only converts SCART to RCA jacks or vise versa. It does nothing for the video signal what so ever rather all it does is map the SCART pins to the correct jacks on the RCA side.

The SCART to Component converter actually has a video processor in it that takes only the RGB signal, not the luma chroma signals required for S-Video and/or composite and converts them to YUV component.

Also if your thinking about doing SCART to component on these consoles, you need a SCART switch with Audio out since most SCART to component converters don't output an audio signals.

However, SCART to HDMI converters do since the signal is sent down one digital cable.
My TV has no S-video input so I was going to run it through the SCART converter. I was also planning to buy the audio switch.

I was just looking at SCART to HDMI converters on eBay. There is one here for about the same price as the other one in Shenzhen, USA:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Scart-HDMI-Co...item19c602fea5

Of course, there is no Shenzhen, USA, so I'm gonna go with the SCART to component converter just to be safe. It will work better with my current setup.