Thread: Leaked Document Hints At Augmented Reality Glasses For Future Xbox [Slashdot]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Leaked Document Hints At Augmented Reality Glasses For Future Xbox [Slashdot]

An anonymous reader writes "A 56-page leaked document details Microsoft's plans to build a Project Glass competitor. Kinect Glasses is marked as a 2014 project designed to connect to a future Xbox 720 console. The document also includes potential pricing for the next Xbox — $299 with a Kinect 2."

Read more of this story at Slashdot.
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I read this story on another site a few days ago and the documents are from 2010. Most people think it's fake and it might be. But lets assume that it's real for a moment. Not only would alot of that stuff have changed in two years but you can pretty much guarantee there won't be any AR glasses included with the main package. Now that the latest 3D fade has finally died again(until it gets relaunched in another 10 years like clockwork) the one thing publishers have learned is that the majority of consumers will not put up with having to wear an extra pair of glasses to enjoy their gaming and tv entertainment. I don't think that will ever change no matter how many types of glasses they try to launch under the guise of "it will make you become more immersed". Glasses-wearing entertainment will most likely continue to be a niche market outside of when it's mandatory for 3D movies that don't have a 2D alternative.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Sony and Google have been looking into augmented reality glasses as well. Google is bringing it to the market first. They've annouced Google Glass or something like that.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know about the glasses... could be cool, could totally suck, haven't tried an experience like that. But if it comes tethered to a Kinect, even a higher fidelity one, MS has lost a sale. I guess I'm an old codger, but I greatly dislike motion gaming, and have no interest in it at this point.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector