Thread: Okami HD developed by Capcom and Hexa Drive [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Okami HD developed by Capcom and Hexa Drive [Joystiq]

Joystiq has confirmed that Okami HD, a touched-up and brushed-down version of Clover Studio's beautiful Zelda-like adventure, is being developed in collaboration between Capcom and Hexa Drive.

Remastered versions of classic games don't always enhance or preserve the experience properly, so we've come to scrutinize the pedigree of the companies that make them. Hexa Drive's most relevant resumé item happens to be an excellent Xbox Live Arcade update to another vibrant and cherished game: REZ HD.

The Japanese studio is headed by Masakazu Matsushita, who worked as lead programmer on Capcom's Devil May Cry 3 and then Lost Planet. Hexa Drive also partnered with Square Enix while developing a slice of Parasite Eve for PSP, dubbed The 3rd Birthday.

Okami HD is coming to PSN (with Move support) this fall for $20 - that's about 17 hours of game for every dollar, if we remember correctly.Okami HD developed by Capcom and Hexa Drive originally appeared on Joystiq on Mon, 25 Jun 2012 18:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Again? They must really want to make this game popular. If the Wii version weren't still $40 new, I'd go grab it.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know I'll be lambasted, but I couldn't get into it. The graphics on an HDTV were terrible with so much ghosting and blur on my TV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Too bad if you want it on disc, it's going to run you $90 or so to import a copy (That very well might not even have an English language option).

Wish we'd get a hard copies of those two Resident Evil HD releases and this like Japan gets.

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    Again? They must really want to make this game popular. If the Wii version weren't still $40 new, I'd go grab it.
    It was widely available for $20 years ago. Things like Wal-Mart bargain bins were full of it (Which is how it ended up in my collection even though I've yet to even unwrap the PS2 original).

Hopefully they're finally making money off this after apparantly being less than a financial success the first time out.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    Too bad if you want it on disc, it's going to run you $90 or so to import a copy (That very well might not even have an English language option).

Wish we'd get a hard copies of those two Resident Evil HD releases and this like Japan gets.
    Beat me to it.

Its frustrating that we don't get physical releases for these while Japan does, I hold little value in digital copies so probably won't be buying them until a sale hits on PSN. If they released physical copies they both would of been day one purchases easily.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe there will be a disc release in Europe, like there was for Siren, WipEout HD, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Maybe there will be a disc release in Europe, like there was for Siren, WipEout HD, etc.
    I doubt it. Other Capcom releases like the Resident Evil HD Collection and the Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection are digital in all western areas, but disc and digital in Japan. I would have purchased Chronicles HD Collection if there was a disc version in English, but as it turns out, while audio can be changed to English, all the text in the game aside from the options is completely in Japanese. There's no reason for the text not to be interchangeable. It's a damn bluray for crying out loud.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 06-27-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Esquire Fox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, it is good to see Capcom is still interested in working with this franchise. The original is one of my favorite games of all time. I greatly prefer the smooth PS2 brush controls to the choppy Wii motion controls, so a PS3 port is a great excuse to adventure through the feudal Japan once again. However, if they make a sequel to this (and with three releases leaving gamers at a cliffhanger, they'd better!), I think they should make it for the Wii U. The Wii motion controls were a good attempt at getting the player to actually be involved in drawing with the brush. But you know what is better? Actually drawing like you're using a brush. The Wii U gamepad would be absolutely ideal for this.

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    Really? You can buy a new copy of Okami on the Wii for $20 right now on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Okami-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B000Z9A95M
    Last edited by Esquire Fox; 06-28-2012 at 01:07 AM.