Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2012 Finds

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default July 2012 Finds

Woohoo!!! SNES games for $77 (storage box too)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0063.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	5371
    Edit: Holy $%&# That SNES Drawer is worth more than I paid for the whole lot!
    Last edited by Tokimemofan; 07-01-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been a long time since I've posted in a finds thread. The video game hobby's been taking a major back seat for the past year due to waning interest, but I had the urge to go hunting today. My regional flea market has been pretty sparse with finds for the past two years so I went in not expecting much. For the most part that was the case, but fairly early in the morning, probably the 8th or 9th booth I visited, had this old Nike shoe box sitting out with a bunch of games in it.

There were quite a few good games in there, although I had most of them already, so I just grabbed a couple and inquired to the vendor what the price was. She asked if I was willing to take the whole box, to which I replied sure in a calm, disinterested manner. She said I could have it all for $10. No need to haggle there. I paused for a second then unenthusiastically said okay (can't get excited in public and make a vendor rethink their offer) and that was that. Unfortunately the games were pretty dirty, so it took about an hour and a half to clean them up, but they look great now.

Super Mario RPG, the one game I wanted most had some (minor) label damage of course. I wound up throwing out Colonial Wars since it was disc 1 only and missing half its case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Believe it or not, I got all this at Gamestop! for $25!

Well from a person on line at Gamestop actually. I went there to splurge a little on their buy 2 get 1 free sale. I saw this older couple coming in with a big bag of games so I decided to get on line (knowing how slow the cashiers go when trading in games) but the wife already got the spot. I was on line when i heard the clerk say "Sorry we don't take PS1 games, you could put these on Craigslist or somethin'." So i just strolled on over and asked him if he was willing to sell them. Obviously I knew he was going to say yes because you're coming to Gamestop with these games, just wanted to play around a bit though. I offered 20, he took 25.

End of Story. You can't show emotions though, that was the hardest part. I was going crazy on the inside but you have to act like a buisnessman on the out.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got a coupon off of Cheap Ass Gamer for Toys R Us' 4th of July Sale on $19.99 games where it's Buy 1, Get 1 75% off. I went to two different locations and picked up...

Aliens: Infestation (DS)
    Tetris: Axis (3DS)
    Rayman Origins (Wii)
    Sonic and the Black Knight (Wii)

I would have snagged some more but they had Mega Bloks marked Buy 1 Get 1 50% off and $10 off purchases of $50 or more. I literally cleared the shelf of all Smurf and Hello Kitty sets at one store. Now the girls will be in building brick heaven come Christmas.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 11killer11 View Post
    I offered 20, he took 25.
    Both Lunars and ToD... You robbed that guy blind!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Believe it or not, I got all this at Gamestop! for $25!

Well from a person on line at Gamestop actually. I went there to splurge a little on their buy 2 get 1 free sale. I saw this older couple coming in with a big bag of games so I decided to get on line (knowing how slow the cashiers go when trading in games) but the wife already got the spot. I was on line when i heard the clerk say "Sorry we don't take PS1 games, you could put these on Craigslist or somethin'." So i just strolled on over and asked him if he was willing to sell them. Obviously I knew he was going to say yes because you're coming to Gamestop with these games, just wanted to play around a bit though. I offered 20, he took 25.

End of Story. You can't show emotions though, that was the hardest part. I was going crazy on the inside but you have to act like a buisnessman on the out.
    For the bad rap GameStop gets, you have to love their stores sometimes.

I've got many good deals in a similar way before. Just have to be there at the right time.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

FLEA MARKET

Saturday I did not get to go picking..A friends did and didn’t come up with much..
    I wound up going to the Willow brook mall in the afternoon to eat.(before the dinner crowd hits)..on the way it was bulk trash day in my town and we passed up a lot of junk that I may have stopped and picked up..one thing that was gone in minutes was an old 50s Table set and chairs.looked right out of a restaurant..
    I passed by a VCR ,DVD combo with remote just sitting neatly on the curb..came back hours after the mall and it was still there so I grabbed it..

Today...after playing video game to late last night, I set out late to a local flea market,,I was surprised at hew early they were packing up..it seems the heat just made it a horrible day for the vendors as I stood there for 2 hours and the selling was slim.
    I was getting stopped and asked if I’d like to buy this and that,only lady asked me on a price for used-beat up a cigarette lighter auto tire pump..I said $10.00 and she looed at me like she wanted $50.00 crazy vendors

....A NES game vendor I hung out with made some misc NES game sales,I was cool to see people come up and find a NES game and reminisce about it
    Also vendor I know put together a bag of old arcade Tokens for me from all over the place as I collect Arcade tokens.(sad as the places are closed now)

The first thing I picked up today was this Game & Watch Donkey Kong..It was priced $15.00 next to a $35.00 Gameboy Advance.... I haggled to $10.00)
    It works..after I put fresh batteries in it and it has the battery cover,it’s missing the clip to keep it closed....I am not sure of the value on it,but I sure wasn’t passing it up for $10.00,I’ll be listing it on ebay soon..I have a lot of small rare handheld games that I need to find the time to put on ebay..

Dug through a Bin..got the rest of this stuff for $5.00

Picked this up for $3.00

Left it in my SIS Fridge..

Met up with a friend picker..
    He picked this up for $5.00

I’m to test it and list it on ebay..

I also picked up all this stuff.also to be listed on ebay as soon as I can get to it..

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xexyz View Post
    She asked if I was willing to take the whole box, to which I replied sure in a calm, disinterested manner. She said I could have it all for $10. No need to haggle there. I paused for a second then unenthusiastically said okay (can't get excited in public and make a vendor rethink their offer) and that was that.
    You can't show emotions though, that was the hardest part. I was going crazy on the inside but you have to act like a buisnessman on the out.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Find the find!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8168844...n/photostream/

$50 for the whole lot. Nearly pissed myself when I saw "it"! Soooo long since I've added a title to the 2600 collection(my favorite system to collect for)!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StarBlazer View Post
    Find the find!

$50 for the whole lot. Nearly pissed myself when I saw "it"! Soooo long since I've added a title to the 2600 collection(my favorite system to collect for)!
    Boy do I suck, I wouldn't know a rare Atari game even if it turned into pac-man and gobbled me up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by StarBlazer View Post
    Find the find!

Wow. At first I thought "Final Approach" - wow nice find. Then I thought "china syndrome" that is a truly rare find. And then I saw it. Holy crap you found "Swordquest: Waterworld" in a box lot. Unbelievable! Great, great 2600 lot my friend!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    Unbelievable! Great, great 2600 lot my friend!
    I'll say! Some harder to find stuff in there in addition to the big title.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

A famous or otherwise well known semi-local comic shop was having a sale all weekend, so I picked up a few things I was after:

World of Warcraft vol. 3 & vol. 4
    Starcraft vol. 1
    Sonic the Hedgehog Archives vol. 2 & vol. 18
    Static Shock: Rebirth of the Cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Starting the month off with a couple of new PS1 games:
    Destructo 2 (Sealed)
    Santa Claus Saves the Earth

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Not a true "find" but my grandparents bought a new television today. I'm getting their current TV this weekend. Vintage Sony Trinitron. I think it's 32 or 37 inches. Real high end model from back in the early 90's if I'm remembering correctly. Think it even has S-Video and component outputs. Heavy too; I remember helping them set it up and it's well over 50 pounds.

My uncle's job was throwing it out several years ago and he gave it to them. Unfortunately, it's going in the basement until I move to a new house; I'm not carrying that television up a flight of stairs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NEW STUFF!!!

Visit my blog at www.retrogaminglife.com ^_^ You won't regret it!

Play me a Newfie jig! markusman64ds's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a few things today on a trip to another town.

Wii component cables
    Xbox 360 HDMI cable
    3DS Circle Pad Pro
    You Don't Know Jack 2011 for Wii - $15

Don't feel like taking pics cause I only just got back.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

These are from last Friday. Total was nine bucks. Items include:
    Aero Blasters (case and manual only)
    Some AD&D game for the TG16
    TMNT: Coming Out Of Their Shells soundtrack tape
    Dragon Magazine Archives (complete in box)
    Two different Action Replay 8MB memory cards
    Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003

Guess the valuable item in there.

These are from today...

Genesis Justifier
    SNES Justifier
    P2 Justifier gun

Two SCPH-1080 PS1 pads with... Ethernet cables?

Anyone have any clue what those are for? I got some comments on twitter about these being hotel pads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Anyone have any clue what those are for? I got some comments on twitter about these being hotel pads.
    Yes. Those should be LodgeNet OnCommand system PS1 controllers. No idea of what they're worth though, but someone posted about one of these on www.PlayStationCollecting.com recently.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

I think I still have one of those somewhere around the house. Only difference is it's the analog controller.

Edit: I did acquire a good find recently.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=261048556220

Paid $82 (under half of what others have went for) and I've already replaced the prong. Probably going to resell it. I've wanted one for a long time but came to the decision that I don't want to use a ~20 year-old power strip (a $80 one at that) regularly, which defeats the purpose of me having it. Of course, I didn't think about that until after it arrived at my house. Impulse buying gets you every time. I guess I could use it and in the event it breaks I could retrofit it with modern parts. Just seems wrong to do that though. Could also get it framed I guess.

I've been wanting one of these ever since I saw it in a Genesis advertisement brochure. Looked damn cool but I forgot to calculate that these things are as old as I am.
    Last edited by Jaruff; 07-02-2012 at 03:53 PM.