I have Fritz Chess on DS. Is that rare?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Esquire Fox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by markusman64ds View Post
    I have Fritz Chess on DS. Is that rare?
    Yes, especially if you still have the case and manual.
    Most GameStops are throwing those out now, so any copies that end up there are likely to be gutted.
    Both the DS and Wii version were released in limited quantities in select markets around the U.S.
    By most accounts, they made about 20,000 of each.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire Fox View Post
    Oh, and I also tracked down Dokapon Kingdom for Wii and Wild Arms: Alter Code F for PS2 through GameStop.
    Had to call like 15 stores to find a complete copy of Wild Arms. Every time, the employee on the phone would let out a sigh.
    The PS2 section is a graveyard of disorganized clutter. I had to hold quite a few times.
    So it's a good thing I bought Dokapon Kingdom Wii when it was first released?
    Did end up having to resort to ebay for Alter Code F, and I think I ended up getting one with case/insert but no manual.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

No Game Finds But yesterday I decide lets walk (the whole family)to the post office to ship packages,it might be a mile walk ..great exercise.

what I forgot is it’s crap day, people throw out bulk crap besides regular garbage cans..this could be eveything from entire living rooms,arcade machines"soda machines" etc.

Though Illegal on This day in this town people go hunting for free shit on the side of the road..I have cashed in on found stuff sold on ebay on this crap day but I don't have the time or means to go searching around.

I cashed in on finding free stuff that I sold on ebay doing the very same walk to the post office on this day.

As soon as I hit the corner I see a big old picture..it looks valuable but has marks on the front..my wheels are turning,can I sell it..It looks like an old picture of a country background..the corner damage looks to have to be professionally repaired..ahh to big I pass..this painting/picture sat out on that corner all day with no pickers..(on a main ave)

Next to it is a big old trunk..it’s huge,I didn’t even bother to open it..next to it a bin,on top a white extension cord..Ding,free extension cord for me..other misc wires in the bin I don’t take,great for scrapping but lots of work to do that..

We go to the post office and on the way back I pitch another look..I open the trunk and it is filled with around 60 OLD-dusty Lionel Trains..OMG!! I thought I hit the mother load of trains I flip the first one up and it’s all empty boxes(lined up neatly like a trick)..Ok,these boxes due to their age are worth something though they looked to had been in a real dirty environment (flood water-with silt)..Just a lot of work and a lot of nastiness ..I flushed through the top layer of boxes and every box looked empty..my wife hates me garbage picking but she also knows how I have made money off other peoples junk..She says "did you look to see if any of the boxes on the bottom were filled"...UGH...no,no because the boxes are too dirty and I'm wearing a white shirt ....I feel the collector was storing the boxes in the trunk in his basement and during flood irene they got wet as his house would be in deep being right next to the creek that overflowed... that same creek flooded my basement..(I know who the owner of the house is,he has a Harley)

As I close the trunk a lil SUV pulls up,a picker couple they start looking in the trunk and I bet you they shit too..I felt weird as heck with them digging behind me so I started walking,but as I walked I noticed in another box I move the top layer of crap and I get,a whole brand new pack of nails,a harley davidson braided spark plug wire unused-worth 40 bucks or so... a hard hat that I left due to signs of use..and a quality multi bit screw driver set..=who the heck throws stuff like this out”and what did I miss out on..
    As I was talking about the unusual stuff to my wife: who know what was out there before,maybe the guy died,got killed,in jail cheated on his wife..I mean who throws out tools..the guys bike might had been out there earler..

Play me a Newfie jig! markusman64ds's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, especially if you still have the case and manual.
    Most GameStops are throwing those out now, so any copies that end up there are likely to be gutted.
    Both the DS and Wii version were released in limited quantities in select markets around the U.S.
    By most accounts, they made about 20,000 of each.
    Cool. I got it as an Easter gift a few years ago because my grandma knew I liked chess. Of course by the time I got the gift I wasn't into chess anymore. This means it is barely played and complete. How much can I get for it?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Esquire Fox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by markusman64ds View Post
    Cool. I got it as an Easter gift a few years ago because my grandma knew I liked chess. Of course by the time I got the gift I wasn't into chess anymore. This means it is barely played and complete. How much can I get for it?
    While loose copies have gone for $20-30 on eBay, I haven't seen a complete one.
    Asking prices on Amazon are way high:

http://www.amazon.com/Fritz-Chess-Ni...fritz+chess+ds

Play me a Newfie jig! markusman64ds's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While loose copies have gone for $20-30 on eBay, I haven't seen a complete one.
    Asking prices on Amazon are way high:

http://www.amazon.com/Fritz-Chess-Ni...fritz+chess+ds
    I'll probably sell it for $50 somewhere around here.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I bought three things today:

Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth (DVD version, PC)
    The Blue Moonies (CD, new)
    Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri (PC CD, complete)

All from the same seller for a dollar each. The guy had several sealed copies of The Movies (PC) and other random games but I wasn't sure if the game was worth much of anything so I left them behind. I thought Terra Nova would be worth a bit since it's a Looking Glass Studios game (you know, the System Shock guys) but nope! Worthless. I'll probably stash it in my closet.

Battle for Middle Earth is complete and I'll be reselling it on eBay. The Blue Moonies... well, it's a band from California, and this CD is a year old. That's about all I know, I haven't opened it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

heh, I just passed up a copy of middle earth myself yesterday, is it any good?

It was raining a bit today so the crazy vegas heat was cooled down a bit, so I decided to do a bit of thrifting. found some random gijoe and ninja turtles at savers and was about to go home , but I decided to go check out salvation army since it's on the way home, they rarely have anything but this time was different!

there was a large bin filled with gaming stuff (and a few keyboards on top) for the range of 1-2$ each I found all this:

I also found the Dreamcast on a shelf with no price, they ended up selling it to me for 3$ (with the av cord!) had nba2k inside and the system works like a champ after a little cleaning. Overall a good day for me.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256 View Post
    heh, I just passed up a copy of middle earth myself yesterday, is it any good?
    I dunno, it's an RTS game, and I suck at them. But it's also worth $20-$40, so why not. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I bought three things today:

Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth (DVD version, PC)
    The Blue Moonies (CD, new)
    Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri (PC CD, complete)

All from the same seller for a dollar each. The guy had several sealed copies of The Movies (PC) and other random games but I wasn't sure if the game was worth much of anything so I left them behind. I thought Terra Nova would be worth a bit since it's a Looking Glass Studios game (you know, the System Shock guys) but nope! Worthless. I'll probably stash it in my closet.

Battle for Middle Earth is complete and I'll be reselling it on eBay. The Blue Moonies... well, it's a band from California, and this CD is a year old. That's about all I know, I haven't opened it yet.
    Thanks for mentioning BFME. I decided to dig mine out of the closet that I bought at Goodwill for $15 some many years ago. Looks like it has appreciated quite well.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta