Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2012 Finds

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well after finding out my CDX I found is a lost cause I went to the pawn shop to cheer myself up...

The Zelda is the nicest cart only copy I've come across in a few years it's really nice and the movies I wanted for myself. God the latest Hellraiser is terrible but at least I own all the Hellraiser films again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post

These are from last Friday. Total was nine bucks. Items include:
    Aero Blasters (case and manual only)
    Some AD&D game for the TG16
    TMNT: Coming Out Of Their Shells soundtrack tape
    Dragon Magazine Archives (complete in box)
    Two different Action Replay 8MB memory cards
    Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003

Guess the valuable item in there.
    For me the valuable item would be the Dragon Magazine archive. Whether or not it is the "true" valuable item is another matter.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Yakapucci View Post
    For me the valuable item would be the Dragon Magazine archive. Whether or not it is the "true" valuable item is another matter.
    Oh, it is.

I can get up to $200 for that baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, it is.

I can get up to $200 for that baby.
    Nice, I had no idea it was worth so much. I bought that on release YEARS ago. It's in one of my big box PC boxes in the basement.

As for the TG16 D&D game, that would be Order of the Griffon.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camarotuner View Post
    Well after finding out my CDX I found is a lost cause I went to the pawn shop to cheer myself up...

The Zelda is the nicest cart only copy I've come across in a few years it's really nice and the movies I wanted for myself. God the latest Hellraiser is terrible but at least I own all the Hellraiser films again.
    Sell the CDX, many people need parts for it.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Found a black Wii wheel, Shrek Super Slam (GC), X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter (PC, discs/case only) and the Balance of Power Campaigns disc for XWvTF for a total of 10 bucks at one of my Goodwills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I found a gray Wavebird Receiver and a black Intec 4 Mb Gamecube Memory Card. $1 for both.

The Wavebird Receiver is going to be traded away, unless I stumble upon a loose Wavebird.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Soul Calibur V(360) $10
    Various Mario card packs 50 cents each
    Deus Ex(360) $12.50
    Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing(360) $12.50
    Sailor Moon Lunar plushie $3.50
    Resident Evil: Afterlife bluray $3.93
    Resident Evil Code: Veronica book 66 cents
    Video Game Master Surefire Strategies book 66 cents

I got Soul Calibur with the latest coupon from Best Buy's magazine. And Deus Ex and the Sonic game were also bought with a coupon for Toys R Us where you buy one $19.99 game and get the second one for 75% off(so $20 and $5 or $12.50 each). I wish I would have found out about that deal sooner because my local Toys R Us sucks with their game selection. I got two good games but I could have gotten even more stuff if I would have known early enough to travel to a few other locations.

The Lunar plushie was the first Sailor Moon thingie I have ever purchased and I found it at Goodwill. Truth be told I couldn't tell you the difference between Sailor Moon, Sailor Venus or Sailor Your Anus but people seem to go nuts over them so I shouldn't have a difficult time finding this guy a home....atleast I think it's a guy. He's suppose to purr or something but his batteries must have died long ago so I need to find me a tiny screwdriver to open that pack up. Coincidentally I saw but passed on two Sailor Moon vhs tapes at a yardsale this weekend(I'll have pics from that later). I probably should have picked them up but I have had a pretty tough time moving vhs tapes, even obscure and semi-rare ones.

The Mario cards were from Goodwill and the Resident Evil stuff and other book were from a thrift store. How many of these damn RE books are there? I though I had all of them with books number 0-3 but this one is numbered 6. That just means my book backlog keeps getting bigger and bigger.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 07-03-2012 at 08:53 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I found a gray Wavebird Receiver and a black Intec 4 Mb Gamecube Memory Card. $1 for both.

The Wavebird Receiver is going to be traded away, unless I stumble upon a loose Wavebird.
    I need 4 of those receivers but I have nothing you'd want, unless you could use a copy of The Crazysitter or The American Mall on DVD!

Still hoping to find them locally as I need 4 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Truth be told I couldn't tell you the difference between Sailor Moon, Sailor Venus or Sailor Your Anus but people seem to go nuts over them so I shouldn't have a difficult time finding this guy a home....atleast I think it's a guy.
    It's a girl, the name is Luna and it has girlish eyelashes. The white cat in the show is a guy. At least I think so from what I can remember of the show in the 90's when I was like 5 years old.

The VHS tapes aren't worth that much, the uncut DVDs are worth something. You did good on passing on those tapes, they don't really sell well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No video games today but I did come across this roleplaying book:

The Drow War Book One: The Gathering Storm. I don't know anything about this sort of thing but when I was checking it out on my phone it seemed like it was worth a gamble, to say the least. Cheapest one on amazon is $125? Anybody have more experience with this sort of thing to let me know some more information?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I need 4 of those receivers but I have nothing you'd want, unless you could use a copy of The Crazysitter or The American Mall on DVD!

Still hoping to find them locally as I need 4 of them.

It's a girl, the name is Luna and it has girlish eyelashes. The white cat in the show is a guy. At least I think so from what I can remember of the show in the 90's when I was like 5 years old.

The VHS tapes aren't worth that much, the uncut DVDs are worth something. You did good on passing on those tapes, they don't really sell well.
    Yes Luna is a girl (made VERY obvious in one of the movies btw http://myanimeshelf.com/upload/dynam...ormoon2022.jpg the girl is Luna at the end of the Sailor Moon S movie) The white cat is Artemis (a guy), the little grey one is Diana (girl)
    In my experience The 2 ADV subbed DVD boxes are each a few hundred, as are complete Geneon/Pioneer sets of the main series though they had large print runs unlike the ADV releases, the movies aren't that much nor are many non-dvd releases, though the Japanese only specials and season 5 laserdiscs may be a bit more.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

which best buy magazine are you speaking of? I cant find much. I'd like to go pick up a copy of Soul Cal V for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post

Soul Calibur V(360) $10
    Various Mario card packs 50 cents each
    Deus Ex(360) $12.50
    Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing(360) $12.50
    Sailor Moon Lunar plushie $3.50
    Resident Evil: Afterlife bluray $3.93
    Resident Evil Code: Veronica book 66 cents
    Video Game Master Surefire Strategies book 66 cents

I got Soul Calibur with the latest coupon from Best Buy's magazine. And Deus Ex and the Sonic game were also bought with a coupon for Toys R Us where you buy one $19.99 game and get the second one for 75% off(so $20 and $5 or $12.50 each). I wish I would have found out about that deal sooner because my local Toys R Us sucks with their game selection. I got two good games but I could have gotten even more stuff if I would have known early enough to travel to a few other locations.

The Lunar plushie was the first Sailor Moon thingie I have ever purchased and I found it at Goodwill. Truth be told I couldn't tell you the difference between Sailor Moon, Sailor Venus or Sailor Your Anus but people seem to go nuts over them so I shouldn't have a difficult time finding this guy a home....atleast I think it's a guy. He's suppose to purr or something but his batteries must have died long ago so I need to find me a tiny screwdriver to open that pack up. Coincidentally I saw but passed on two Sailor Moon vhs tapes at a yardsale this weekend(I'll have pics from that later). I probably should have picked them up but I have had a pretty tough time moving vhs tapes, even obscure and semi-rare ones.

The Mario cards were from Goodwill and the Resident Evil stuff and other book were from a thrift store. How many of these damn RE books are there? I though I had all of them with books number 0-3 but this one is numbered 6. That just means my book backlog keeps getting bigger and bigger.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Two SCPH-1080 PS1 pads with... Ethernet cables?

Anyone have any clue what those are for? I got some comments on twitter about these being hotel pads.
    I'll take em both if you were looking to sell em Kitsune. One for me... one for Dangerboy.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Someone dumped a good haul at the local goodwill but some price nazi got ahold of the price gun so not so good prices but they were going to my personal collection so this is what i walked away with

Ice Climber

Sonic 1 NFRS complete

Sonic Spinball which i have already but is in pretty rough shape loose.. This happens to be as you can see complete and in really good shape. (giving my buddy the other copy cause he wants one)

Taz in Escape from Mars complete

Ice Climber 5 bucks (ouch)
    and the sega games 4 bucks a pop which I don't understand. I am thinking someone went on ebay and searched around and went crazy with the price gun *shrug* whatever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enmity View Post
    which best buy magazine are you speaking of? I cant find much. I'd like to go pick up a copy of Soul Cal V for myself.
    @Gamer magazine. Now go subscribe. You can thank me later
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Flea market finds:

2600 Enduro (Taiwanese Cooper Black pirate) and Colecovision Nova Blast-$2 each.

Two-toned Game Boy Color w/ Pokemon Gold-$10

Two unopened packages of Maxell XLI 50-60b recording tape-$2.99 each at Goodwill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    I'll take em both if you were looking to sell em Kitsune. One for me... one for Dangerboy.
    You got it. PM me.

The Heroic Trio DVD - $1.45 at the flea market (I owe the guy five cents...)
    Kaliman in the sinister world of Humanon - 10 Mexican Pesos (at the flea market that sets up near my home every Wednesday)
    Tecmo Bowl NES - $1
    Warcraft II Battle.net - $1
    Two random Sony VHS remotes - $1 each (remember that bigass VHS deck I bought? These remotes kinda have the same dial controls so I hope one will work with it.)

Not pictured: Three Sony Playstation SCPH-1001 consoles. At a buck each. Untested, but a dollar? Good trade / parts fodder I'd say. I was concerned that the Mexican Customs agent at the border crossing would try to charge me import taxes... BUT THE GUY WAS ASLEEP. I just walked past him.

Edit: Happy to report that BOTH remotes work with my VCR, and that all three PS1 consoles work perfectly. Hell one of them had a Soviet Strike disc inside! I might just keep two, one to keep unmodded and one to mod.
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 07-04-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Esquire Fox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oddly enough, this was free. Came from a friend of my sister. I tried to convince him to take something, but he insisted that I have it. With games like Snow Brothers and others on the way.
    It should feel awesome, but it kind of leaves a hollow feeling knowing I just accepted an item this valuable for free (even showed him the price on eBay).
    I'll convince him to accept some compensation for anything else he is willing to let go of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The following were from a yardsale last week. I also went back down there during the middle of this week to get some more stuff but I'll get to that in a bit:

Harvest Moon: It's a Wonderful Life Special edition(PS2) $2
    La Pucelle Tactics(PS2) $2
    Growlanser Generations(PS2) $2
    Xenosaga(PS2) $2
    Obscure: The Aftermath(PS2) $2
    Castlevania: Curse Of Darkness(PS2) $2
    Silent Hill 4: The Room(PS2) $2
    Resident Evil: Outbreak(PS2) $2
    Resident Evil Code: Veronica X(PS2) $2
    Clock Tower 3(PS2) $2
    Life Line(PS2) $2
    Mister Mosquito(PS2) $2
    Ninja Assault(PS2) $2
    The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind(Xbox) $2
    Tekken Hybrid(PS3) $10

So this yardsale was advertised as someone getting rid of alot of his stuff because he has a baby on the way. He ended up having a ton of gaming stuff, comics, anime, toys/figures, electronics, etc. But he didn't properly list it to it's full potential and thus there weren't many people down there. I was the first person and as such I got the majority of the good stuff. He told me he was basically just trying to make space for his upcoming new addition and because of this he had lots of dirt cheap prices. Now onto the games...

As you can see all the games were $2 each with the exception of Tekken Hybrid, which he wanted $10 for and I agreed(I talked him down on a few things though). I had been waiting for that game to go down at retail so I could pick it up so getting it for this price was a good find for me. The rest of the games are a mix of stuff I already have and stuff that I thought was worth grabbing. I actually passed on alot of other PS2, Wii, PS3, Xbox and 360 games but I still managed quite the haul. I tried to pick up any rpgs I could find since those things are like cashing in bonds. I've always wanted to grab Mister Mosquisto despite seeing it in Toys R Us clearance bins forever and still not picking it up so I finally got to redeem myself for that. The rest I'm just trying to decide rather to sell alone or in lots.

Trigun Ultimate Fan Guide book $2
    Divergence Eve anime dvd $2
    Mini Castlevania character(I think this is Simon but I'm not sure) $2
    Castlevania Simon large figure $3
    Nintendo DS system $10
    Metroid Fusion(GBA) $1
    Gunstar Heroes(GBA) $1
    Cammy Figure $3
    Windows Professional XP(sealed) $3
    Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Master Sword & Hylian Shield Replica $1

Where do I start? Even though the Windows software is sealed I don't think I can sell it on ebay because it says it's suppose to be distributed with a new PC. So at worse I'm out of $3. He had alot of video game and anime figures/toys, many of them sealed. The problem of course is that I don't have an infinite amount of room so I had to pick and choose. The Castlevania and Cammy figures are all sealed but I also picked up some loose ones that you'll see in a bit. I was surprised he only wanted $1 for that Zelda replica but as I said earlier he was much more interested in clearing out space for his upcoming baby as opposed to trying to make top dollar. I grabbed the Trigun book because I love that series but I passed on a few other anime and comic books he had. He also had two Sailor Moon vhs tapes but as I noted in my previous post I passed on them because it's pretty difficult to move vhs tapes these days.

He had one loose DS game but wanted $5 for it so I passed on that and grabbed the two loose GBA games for $1 each. And yes, that is my first DS system. Woot! It's about damn time considering I have enough games for it that I've acquired over the last 5 years. And now I finally have every current gen system which can only mean one thing: I CAN FINALLY RULE THE WORLD!! What? What do you mean Nintendo and Sony both have new handheld systems?

Trigun keychain $2
    Chrono Cross clock $1
    Splinter Cell: Conviction novel 50 cents
    Cassandra and three other random figures $2 each
    Splatterhouse display/statue $3

To start, that Splinter Cell book was actually from Goodwill. I thought I had a book directly for that game but after looking it has a different title but the same cover art as the game does. So now I have five Splinter Cell books, five Resident Evil books and four Gears of War books that I need to read. Theres simply not enough time in the day

Like the Zelda merchandise he only wanted $1 for the Chrono Cross clock. It still winds up but I haven't changed the battery to see if it works yet. I kind of wish he had more of those Namco figures and that they were sealed since they all come with various accessories like weapons. He let me keep those two backer cards for free and I'm not sure which series those three random figures are from but they will add some diversity to my game shelfs. As for the Splatterhouse statue, it's the kind of display you would put on your mantle in a low budget movie and then use as a weapon to bludgeon someone to death. Ok it's not super heavy but you could do some series work with it. If only it didn't come from such a shitty ass game I might even keep it.

Welcome To The NHK anime dvd set
    Street Fighter IV: Collectors edition(PS3)
    Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind bluray
    Devil May Cry mini figure
    Book of Shadows hardback
    Cole Macgrath statue
    Three random figures and Ryu
    Bag of Magfest swag

So the day after the yardsale I emailed the guy and asked if he still had a few things that I wanted the first time but didn't have enough for. And with the exception of a limited edition 360 game he had everything I wanted. He told me after the yardsale he took the remaining PS2 and 360 games to Gamestop. I told him I'd give him $20 for all the stuff I wanted and he accepted and even threw in the SFIV game and Ryu figure. He even asked if there was anything else I wanted him to throw in because he desperately wanted to get rid of it all. I ended up paying him $25 instead of $20 since he was kind enough to make time for me to stop by again after we both got off work a few days after the yardsale. He was actually a pretty cool guy. When I first saw the Magfest bag at the yardsale I told him I was at the first one and he told me that he was there too, somewhere far away. But we now know that the far away place is called Silent Hill, although I think the locals call it Roanoke Virginia.

Anyway, he had a ton of anime but my anime dvd, movie dvd, series seasons dvd backlog is just as bad as my book/novel backlog so I didn't go crazy despite the good prices. I've always wanted to try out NHK and since he had a bunch of them I went for that. I was going to get the SFIV bluray the first time I was there but let it go for some reason. But after seeing that it was only available with the limited edition of the PS3 version of the game I decided to get it. The DMC, Infamous and other figures wil probably be added to my game shelfs.

And he had so much other stuff that I passed on, like larger figures and limited special editions of Halo Reach, Batman: Arkham Asylum and City, among other. But I had my space issues to contend with. If I had a bigger house I probably would have gotten atleast 70% of what he was selling. As usual the majority of this stuff is for sale via cash offers but I'm still not taking trades for anything.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 07-05-2012 at 08:20 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire Fox View Post

Oddly enough, this was free. Came from a friend of my sister. I tried to convince him to take something, but he insisted that I have it. With games like Snow Brothers and others on the way.
    It should feel awesome, but it kind of leaves a hollow feeling knowing I just accepted an item this valuable for free (even showed him the price on eBay).
    I'll convince him to accept some compensation for anything else he is willing to let go of.
    Nice! (Both the score and your appreciation of it).

$1.99 each at St. Vincent de Paul thrift store. All are complete and in great shape.

$5 at an Out of the Closet thrift. All seven of the disks are present.