Arkanoid: Doh It Again

I remember playing this solo in the late '90s and just loving it. But on my own I'd never get too far.

In the past month or so, a friend and I have been trying to complete the game in 2 player mode. The game is so bloody brilliant in fact that it has THREE different 2 player modes, but our favorite is easily Mode B, where one player is up top, and the 2nd player is just below acting as a 2nd line of defense. My friend isn't the biggest gamer out there, but she absolutely loves this game. It's just further proof for me how simply awesome the game is. ANYONE can enjoy and get into it. We've had so many roars and laughter from playing through this game's 99 levels. There's also a password system so you can stop and play again at any point. I also love the various power-up items and the bosses. Nice touches!

Seriously, one of the best 2 player games on SNES. It's a shame it hardly gets mentioned. Arkanoid is classic, pure and simple! If you've never played this one with a buddy before, I highly recommend you do so. Mode B! It's truly a blast.