Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: August 2012 Finds

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    It depends on the type of tapes, some are worth a lot and others very little. They pretty much have to be new to be worth anything. The Metal tapes are usually worth a lot, Chrome tapes can sometimes be worth something depending on which ones, and normal ones aren't usually worth that much. I know a guy who's into audio stuff so I've been keeping an eye out for certain blank tapes. I just pick up normal tapes for myself as long as they're a quarter each or less as we still use them.

Looking closely you actually have video tape instead of audio. These I avoid as they're mostly worth very little. I see one like yours that sold on ebay overseas for $15 as a buy it now, and they're about $22 on Amazon. Maybe you could get $10 each, I still wouldn't bother buying them for myself as I don't see too many people being interested in them. More people are into older audio than older video.
    I didn't notice they were so hard to see in the picture. They are indeed video. New Sony DV180 ME to be more precise.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    I didn't notice they were so hard to see in the picture. They are indeed video. New Sony DV180 ME to be more precise.
    Yeah, it might be because of my screen resolution. I noticed they said Sony DV and just assumed they were audio, I looked more closely and saw the model number so I did a search and saw they were really for video.

http://www.amazon.com/SONY-DV-180MEM.../dp/B00005TQKB
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/180936728439

I did find something today, a Zelda Ocarina of Time BradyGames strategy guide for just under a dollar. I was lately thinking to myself that I rarely found strategy guides anymore and one just turned up today at the thrift store so I'm happy about that, I just wish I could find ones that I was really looking for.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I don't really post much anymore since most of my finds are not video game related anymore, not to mention there's been next to no finds - and profit - for the past few months... this week I splurged a bit, though.

Everything in there was a dollar. This has:

Final Fantasy VII PC, discs only in cardboard slipcover thing
    Various Artists / Tropical Tribute to the Beatles
    Star Trek - The Astral Symphony
    Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country soundtrack
    Star Trek TV Soundtrack volume two
    Science Fiction - Music from the Movies and TV Volumes 1 and 2
    Oscar De La Hoya

... yeah so I couldn't resist buying that last one. It'll be displayed proudly next to my Shaquille O'Neal and Hulk Hogan albums. And by that I mean I'll put it in a box and hide it from everyone. :P

I'm aware of the FFVII PC rerelease, but this doesn't have the crap DRM and it's still worth around twenty five dollars...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Some really nice stuff of both finds at the yard sales and online shopping for this week

and this one came in the mail not too long ago

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar View Post
    Glad I woke up and checked Craigslist before I got going today. Picked up an Odyssey 2 lot for $50. VERY happy with what I got.

I'll probably end up keeping just a couple of the games and dumping the system and remainder of the games, but I know I did ok on the deal.
    WOW, those boxes are CLEAN. I bet there would be some really happy folks over at The Cover Project if you were to make some high-res scans of them.

I didn't know that you guys did this sort of thread. Here's what I grabbed this month so far.

That's 5 GBAs, 3 001, 2 101, and a slim PS2. All the consoles are broken, but good for parts. I grabbed AA at Target for 10 bucks.

About 100 bucks

Roughly 5 bucks, 10 bucks, and 1.50 from left to right.

A friend that moved to Cali found this stash in his storage locker. It had been sitting for about 7 years and he'd forgotten about the whole mess (he and I worked for a used CD/game chain for many years, and stockpiling this sort of stuff was somewhat unavoidable). Anyway, he didn't want to drag it to Cali, so I got it all for free!

He also had this. I don't know what I'm gonna do with it yet, but I'll figure out something.

I grabbed the two 32X games on eBay for about 4 shipped along with some hookups that I needed for that giant mess o' inherited consoles above.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Paid about $36 for everything. Games are in various stages of completeness.

Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I did find something today, a Zelda Ocarina of Time BradyGames strategy guide for just under a dollar. I was lately thinking to myself that I rarely found strategy guides anymore and one just turned up today at the thrift store so I'm happy about that, I just wish I could find ones that I was really looking for.
    If you went to the place I'm thinking of last time I was there around a month ago I saw a bunch of Metroid Fusion and Star Fox Adventure guides at a dollar each. I scooped two Metroid guides, kept one and sold the other. That location somehow seems good for reading material although I cannot really complain overall anyway, if anything it's just slow.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fahlim003 View Post
    If you went to the place I'm thinking of last time I was there around a month ago I saw a bunch of Metroid Fusion and Star Fox Adventure guides at a dollar each. I scooped two Metroid guides, kept one and sold the other. That location somehow seems good for reading material although I cannot really complain overall anyway, if anything it's just slow.
    I forgot about those, it is the same place and I bought one of the Metroid Fusion guides in case I pick up the game at some point. They also had a bunch of Lord of the Rings guides for some game, there's a few of these left. It's weird, for awhile they started pricing strategy guides at $3.99 and up but just gave up on it recently, the pricing doesn't stay stable on anything. Still they do seem to get good stuff every so often as I keep finding one or two things every other week or so, still nowhere near what I used to find there years ago. There's currently some crappy sealed CD-i games there for $2.99 each and they've been there awhile, maybe you saw them there too.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS2 Silent Hill 2 and Dreamcast Giant Gram 2000 were $5.99 each at Goodwill.

Found the ASCII Demo CD inside of a PS1 Arcade's Greatest Hits/The Midway Collection 2 case at a swap for $2.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Two bucks for all this.

That Killer Instinct comic is from Nintendo Power and it has art by Paul Gulacy. It's... well. I was weirded out but I HAD to grab it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Rather bad selection all around. Except for grabbing another import, Europe this time.

$1 - FIFA Soccer 95 complete (PAL Megadrive)
    $1 - Tiger Woods 2001 & Madden 2001 combo pack (PC)
    $3 - Mystic Defender with box (Genesis)
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hit up the little, once a month, flea market near me and scored pretty good today. I was walking by a table of Hot Wheels cars and saw a couple stacks of Game Boy Advance games on the table. They were all complete except for two. I dug through the piles and found 2 that I wanted for my 6 year old grandson. He is moving away next week and since most of the games that he plays on his DS are mine, I thought that I would try to find some for him. The two that I picked out were Madagascar and Pixar's Cars. When I asked the price for the two I was told, "$1 each or 3 for $2." I ended up getting all 17 that they had, (15 complete and 2 loose), for $10. The titles are:

Complete:

Madagascar
    Cars
    Ratatouille
    Ultimate Spider-Man
    Finding Nemo
    Monster House
    Hot Wheels - All Out
    Shrek 2
    March of the Penguins
    Hot Wheels Velocity & World Race (2 pack)
    Monster Trucks
    The Incredibles - Rise of the Underminer
    Thunderbirds
    Matchbox Air and Sea Rescue & Emergency Response (2 pack)
    Board Game Classics

Loose:

Scooby-Doo! Mystery Mayhem
    Need For Speed Underground

Obviously some young kid's collection, but my grandson will love them. In fact, he is playing Madagascar right now and the music is already getting on my nerves.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finally found a game I've been looking for for a while (not many people seemed to want to part with this one, and I didn't want to deal with ebay).

So, without further ado, and thanks to the Newburgh, IN Gamestop:

Valkyrie Profile: Cheapass Edition, er, Lenneth. PSP, complete and in generally good condition though the manual is a little rough around the edges. $10
    Also picked up Bomberman PSP ($6).

Picked up Phoenix Wright DS (yes, another one), Kingdom Hearts (PS2 black label), and Torchwood Season 1 from Book Broker. All $10 each.

Looking forward to finding a home for another Phoenix game.
    Last edited by Sailorneorune; 08-11-2012 at 08:17 PM.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

picked these up today

Atari Home Computers
    Frogger-CIB

NES
    Sesame Street ABC-c

SNES
    Power Moves-c
    Super Metroid-c

N64
    Asteroids-c
    Jeremy McGrath Super Cross 2000-CIB
    wcw backstage assault-CIB
    Command and Conquer-c
    Transformers Beast Wars-Transmetals-c
    Golden Nugget-c
    Mia Hamm Soccer 64-c
    V-Rally Edition 99-c
    Fox Sports College Hoops 99-

Genesis
    Zoop-CIB

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

This isn't gaming related and is probably of interest to only me and a few users around here, but I'm working a convention this weekend and got an autographed photo of Robert Axelrod.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    This isn't gaming related and is probably of interest to only me and a few users around here, but I'm working a convention this weekend and got an autographed photo of Robert Axelrod.

^_____^ You have won the thread!

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I stopped into a Big Lots type store called Ollie's and found The Sega Genesis Classic Collection: Gold Edition on PC for $4.99. I had been eying the game at Half Price Books for a while now but held off on buying for whatever reason. HPB wanted $10 for theirs which isn't a bad price at all but I guess my procrastination paid off.

Last week I was in a Gamestop well out of my way and picked up the game Dawn of Heroes on DS. When I got home, I realized the guy put the game Dawn of Discovery in the case. I wasn't able to get back up there till today and had to return a copy of My Chinese Coach which I accidentally ended up with a 2nd copy of. Luckily for me, that location had a used copy of My French Coach in stock which was the same price so I was able to swap the two games at no extra cost.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post

That guy is awesome I got his signature here last year at our convention I work for Anime Festival Orlando.

We also had
    Jason David Frank (Which we have every year for the past 5 years.)
    Johnny Yong Bosch
    and this year we had Jason Narvy

All very cool people to talk to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post

I'm shocked that you didn't even mention the DVD of Jeckyll and Hyde starring David Hasselhoff. I really wish, for our sakes, that you would create a movie review thread for these kinds of finds. Just thinking about sitting down and watching that flick sets off some kind of primal fear reaction in me, but maybe you're made of sterner stuff. Your brain can, in essence, take the hit for the rest of us. Mix in some music reviews, too, since your CD purchasing taste is so much broader than most of us.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I'm shocked that you didn't even mention the DVD of Jeckyll and Hyde starring David Hasselhoff. I really wish, for our sakes, that you would create a movie review thread for these kinds of finds. Just thinking about sitting down and watching that flick sets off some kind of primal fear reaction in me, but maybe you're made of sterner stuff. Your brain can, in essence, take the hit for the rest of us. Mix in some music reviews, too, since your CD purchasing taste is so much broader than most of us.
    Perhaps make a "It came from the darkside of the fleamarket" review section for kitsune