Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats your least favourite console and game

sega Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default whats your least favourite console and game

hi guys playing my ps2 rembered how bad it was compared to xbox so whats your least favourite console plz no format bashing

Cubs, pubs and bubs. sneekyweezel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can I say Atari 2600 and E.T.? I probably shouldn't even go there, though.. How about Alex Kidd for Sega Genesis then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

NES and Godzilla
    NES and R.O.B.

Actually playing NES at the moment and the games really didn't stand the test of time.
    Last edited by tom; 08-04-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) 123►Genei-Jin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

N64 and Mario 64

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS2 and Grand Theft Auto III, it's a framey blurry low color mess with bad gameplay mechanics in every area but the driving.

Interpreting the title another way, I'd still say the PS2, because it really is the low end graphically for that generation. My least favorite game overall would have to be something I've really tried to enjoy and just found flaw after flaw in, much like Grand Theft Auto III. I'd have to give that title to Metal Gear Solid though, for it's insta-kill boss fights and trial and error gameplay, no amount of wannabe hollywood cinematics can make up for these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sneekyweezel View Post
    Can I say Atari 2600 and E.T.? I probably shouldn't even go there, though.. How about Alex Kidd for Sega Genesis then.
    Two post in and a winner is you. The 2600 was my first console I played as a kid and although there were a few fun games on it overall it was the worst system I have ever played. And yes E.T. was one of the worst games I ever played. I've actually tried to block both of them from my memory.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

sega Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default glad to here

Quote Originally Posted by sheath View Post
    PS2 and Grand Theft Auto III, it's a framey blurry low color mess with bad gameplay mechanics in every area but the driving.

Interpreting the title another way, I'd still say the PS2, because it really is the low end graphically for that generation. My least favorite game overall would have to be something I've really tried to enjoy and just found flaw after flaw in, much like Grand Theft Auto III. I'd have to give that title to Metal Gear Solid though, for it's insta-kill boss fights and trial and error gameplay, no amount of wannabe hollywood cinematics can make up for these things.
    its great here someone else think that ps2 suck microsoft for the win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also had a Xbox last gen(today I have an Xbox, PS2 and GC) but I never thought the PS2 sucked. As a matter of fact, at first most of my friends had PS2's but I went with the Xbox because of Halo, online multiplayer(which came at the perfect time as the majority of US arcades had all died) and that cool ass green translucent Halo console. I've now been playing catch up with my PS2 collection and even though I enjoyed the Xbox more the PS2 still has alot to offer, especially if you are also into importing Japanese games like I do.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 123►Genei-Jin View Post
    N64 and Mario 64
    Seriously? I thought behind Zelda that game was up there.

I would say Dreamcast and Choo Choo Rocket - pointless game.
    My friend is giving away a FREE NES - Retro Reviews. Just like the page and as soon as it reaches 400 likes a winner will be picked at random.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

I find it kinda hard to hear people say they the PS2. Not liking it makes sense to an extent but outside of any hardware or controller issues the thing had one of the most large and diverse library I've ever seen filled with +A quality software. As the 1 2 P it really did have a lot to offer on practically all fronts, in that way its always been my "desert island" console of choice on its library alone. I usually find that Sega fans with a grudge over the Dreamcast tend to really hate the console even now but this may or may not be the case here. lol

I'm going to have to say the N64, mostly for the unwieldy controller and lack of titles I really enjoy on it. (maybe only 10-15 I really enjoyed)

As for a game I'ed probably say GoldenEye, played Perfect Dark first and with all the hype buildup over the years GoldenEye was very disappointing.

Fistful Of Diamonds Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    killingkirby

Probably Incredible Hulk On PS2

Quote Originally Posted by AceAerosmith View Post
    They'll digest what they can and vomit up bones/undigestible parts on trees or ground. They said we should look for white puke spots on trees or ground nearby. I have better things to do than look for owl barf so, needless to say, I haven't been checking things out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heavy Nova on Genesis.
    TERRIBLE!

(Actually, Genesis is my favorite, I just needed to express my feelings on this game)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomcrew View Post
    hi guys playing my ps2 rembered how bad it was compared to xbox so whats your least favourite console plz no format bashing
    Is this a joke
    [SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.retroreviewproject.com"]The Retro Review Project[/URL][/SIZE]

Insert Coin (Level 0) Ballermann2D's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

3DO. Can't pin down one worst game though, as most games i played on that console easily qualify
    was Dreamcast a PlayStation?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
    I find it kinda hard to hear people say they the PS2. Not liking it makes sense to an extent but outside of any hardware or controller issues the thing had one of the most large and diverse library I've ever seen filled with +A quality software. As the 1 2 P it really did have a lot to offer on practically all fronts, in that way its always been my "desert island" console of choice on its library alone. I usually find that Sega fans with a grudge over the Dreamcast tend to really hate the console even now but this may or may not be the case here. lol
    My ire for the PS2 is three fold. Sony's marketing and anti-competitive business tactics made the PS2 out to be something it never was even with ten years of software support. 40 million polygons per second in a vacuum, 900,000 in Resident Evil 4, down from 1.5 million in the original Gamecube version. The PS2 was supposed to be a generational leap above the Dreamcast but for most games it was a half generation step back thanks to the extremely poor GPU effects and texture mapping. The PowerVR-DC's hardware texture decompression, real time shadow casting and antialiasing and 8MB of VRAM is very near the best this generation had to offer, the PS2's Graphics Synthesizer can only arguably push more polygons if the game is designed around the super deformed "Emotion Engine".

Then there is the dead-zone laden Analog and lack of analog triggers on the Dual Shock, especially compared to the Dreamcast's analog stick and triggers, this is just poor. I cringe or laugh every time some Playstation fan ridicules the Dreamcast pad, yes it could have been better but what it has is higher quality than what the Dual Shock 2 offers, even when not considering the nonsensical button labels. Massive amounts of PS2s suffering from Disk Read Errors bring the hardware down another notch as well.

Finally the software, lack of multiplayer in most games, poor graphics taking away from the narrative style of most games, and the general over emphasis on megacorp publisher franchises in extremely limited Zelda 64 or Fetch Quest genres. By virtue of the system's 70+% dominance that generation the PS2 does have the most games, but even what few were released in Action genres tend to disappoint me. I have literally found as many games that I will pick up and play for any amount of time as I have for the Genesis 32X, and I like the 32X's games better.

Obviously the rest of the world's mileage will vary, but this is an opinion thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NOPHIX
    PSN
    Nophix

I thought about this one for a while. I was initially going to say Sega Saturn, simply because I never found a reason to like it. It has some good titles, just never hooked me.

Then, I thought about the PS2. What an abysmal pile of crap that hardware was! I've had 9 of ybe stupid things, and they all crap out.

For the record, my launch Xbox 360 was repaired once under warranty, and is just fine even though its nearly always on.

As for games, Mario Galaxy pretty much takes it. I want to love that game, but it induces some wicked headaches within minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm getting a serious hate-on for the Genesis these days. I was a NES/SNES guy growing up, and the Genesis just seems less fluid/doesn't respond to the controller as easily. Also not liking the sheer number of sports games that came on that system. But the one I actually attempted long enough to pass judgement on is Fantasia... just terrible.

As for the 2600, E.T. gets such a bad rap because you don't know what to do. It's damn hard on the default setting, even when you know what to do. Put it on the easiest setting, and get an understanding of the game mechanics and it's not so bad. It's one of the few finishable games for the 2600, and for that reason alone, it's better than a lot of games from that era.
    Last edited by Sparkster; 08-05-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Genesis and Sonic the Hedgehog. Coming from the NES side, I was used to platformers being exploration type of experience, complete with warps, hidden doors, etc. Sonic was played at such high speed that no one had time to think, much less explore anything. Horrible, horrible game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Least favorite?

Not counting hand helds its probably N64 for me.
    Second may be the Wii
    Third is probably the Intellivision

As for games I never really cared for any of the N64 games as the lousy 3D was a huge turn off to me.

As for Wii games I'm convinced that there's maybe 5 games that aren't shovel-ware.

As for the Intellivision I think that my distaste for the console stems from two things, my love of Atari at the time and the controller.
    Last edited by Griking; 08-05-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Quote Originally Posted by sheath View Post
    My ire for the PS2 is three fold. Sony's marketing and anti-competitive business tactics made the PS2 out to be something it never was even with ten years of software support. 40 million polygons per second in a vacuum, 900,000 in Resident Evil 4, down from 1.5 million in the original Gamecube version. The PS2 was supposed to be a generational leap above the Dreamcast but for most games it was a half generation step back thanks to the extremely poor GPU effects and texture mapping. The PowerVR-DC's hardware texture decompression, real time shadow casting and antialiasing and 8MB of VRAM is very near the best this generation had to offer, the PS2's Graphics Synthesizer can only arguably push more polygons if the game is designed around the super deformed "Emotion Engine".

Then there is the dead-zone laden Analog and lack of analog triggers on the Dual Shock, especially compared to the Dreamcast's analog stick and triggers, this is just poor. I cringe or laugh every time some Playstation fan ridicules the Dreamcast pad, yes it could have been better but what it has is higher quality than what the Dual Shock 2 offers, even when not considering the nonsensical button labels. Massive amounts of PS2s suffering from Disk Read Errors bring the hardware down another notch as well.

Finally the software, lack of multiplayer in most games, poor graphics taking away from the narrative style of most games, and the general over emphasis on megacorp publisher franchises in extremely limited Zelda 64 or Fetch Quest genres. By virtue of the system's 70+% dominance that generation the PS2 does have the most games, but even what few were released in Action genres tend to disappoint me. I have literally found as many games that I will pick up and play for any amount of time as I have for the Genesis 32X, and I like the 32X's games better.

Obviously the rest of the world's mileage will vary, but this is an opinion thread.
    So basically your reasons can be broken down to:
    Dreamcast had better graphics
    Dreamcast had a better controller
    Unreliable
    Lack of games YOU enjoy..along with something about megacorp publisher franchises(?)

So....yeah sound like someone still upset over the death of the Dreamcast.

Very well as you said this is an opinion thread after all.