Not sure if this should go into Classic or Modern gaming.

Anyway, I like to collect launch titles for consoles. In fact, after my Resident Evil collection, I'd say collecting the launch titles for all my consoles is my second priority. I've gotten back pretty heavily into PC gaming this last year after taking ten years off. In building my collection, I've noticed that I don't have any "launch titles".

The closest to launch titles I can think of are Halo 2 and Shadowrun for Vista. Perhaps Doom for Windows 95 (Does that even count? Afterall, Microsoft used it to try to legitimize Windows 95 as a gaming platform)? Why not games that represent launch of new technologies? What was the first game to truly take advantage of DirectX 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10? Same goes for OpenGL.

My next guess for "launch titles" would be GPU pack-ins. Afterall, they are usually picked to showcase the new card. One example is Arkham City being included with 500 series nVidia GPUs last year, or Borderlands 2 being included with the 660 Ti just launched this week. I remember I got Earthseige 2 as a pack in with a GPU as a kid.

But at the same time pack-ins and launch titles are two different things in my book.

What do you all think?