Thread: 2 Sega Saturn Lots and Sega Genesis Lot

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 2 Sega Saturn Lots and Sega Genesis Lot

Can someone help gauge some prices for me on these lots I'm thinking of eBaying?

Sega Saturn Lot #1
    Model 1, 2 controllers, power cord and a av cable. Games CIB Virtua Fighter 2, Hexen, NBA Action 98, and Nights into Dreams (NFRS w/3d controller). I'm assuming $75-80 BIN would be a fair price? videogameprices.com still has the Saturn system listed as $146 but looking at complete eBay actions it seems $25-30 is fair.

Sega Saturn Lot #2
    Games CIB Hexen, Panzer Dragoon, and Myst. Games with case and back insert (no manual) Dragon Force and Night Warriors. Dragon Warrior has a scratch on the outside of the disk, it boots up but the scratch looks bad. Any ideas? I was hoping $100, but I"m afraid the scratch on Dragon Warrior will make it worthless. There is a Model 2 Saturn that was supposed to go with this lot, but it looks like it is broken. It boots ups, disc spins, but no boot screen shows up.

Genesis lot.
    Model 2, controller, power cord, and coaxial cable. Games loose: Mystic Defender, Shining Force II, Sonic 2, Sahdow of the Beast, Ranger X, Strider, Golden Axe I/II, Phatasy Star III, Sub-terrania, Earthworm Jim, Street Figter II Championship Edition, Brutal Paws of Fury, Mortal Kombat I/II/III,Sword of Vermilion, and Streets of Rage 2. I was thinking $90 BIN would be fair.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeit3w View Post
    Can someone help gauge some prices for me on these lots I'm thinking of eBaying?

Sega Saturn Lot #1
    Model 1, 2 controllers, power cord and a av cable. Games CIB Virtua Fighter 2, Hexen, NBA Action 98, and Nights into Dreams (NFRS w/3d controller). I'm assuming $75-80 BIN would be a fair price? videogameprices.com still has the Saturn system listed as $146 but looking at complete eBay actions it seems $25-30 is fair.

Sega Saturn Lot #2
    Games CIB Hexen, Panzer Dragoon, and Myst. Games with case and back insert (no manual) Dragon Force and Night Warriors. Dragon Warrior has a scratch on the outside of the disk, it boots up but the scratch looks bad. Any ideas? I was hoping $100, but I"m afraid the scratch on Dragon Warrior will make it worthless. There is a Model 2 Saturn that was supposed to go with this lot, but it looks like it is broken. It boots ups, disc spins, but no boot screen shows up.

Genesis lot.
    Model 2, controller, power cord, and coaxial cable. Games loose: Mystic Defender, Shining Force II, Sonic 2, Sahdow of the Beast, Ranger X, Strider, Golden Axe I/II, Phatasy Star III, Sub-terrania, Earthworm Jim, Street Figter II Championship Edition, Brutal Paws of Fury, Mortal Kombat I/II/III,Sword of Vermilion, and Streets of Rage 2. I was thinking $90 BIN would be fair.
    Saturn #1 - $75-80 would be "fair" but you're going to have to split that up. I'm assuming you have the Nights into Dreams big box. That's worth a good $50-60 by itself. Sell the system with Virtua Fighter 2 and NBA Action for $50-60 and list the other two separately. You'll get more money that way.

Saturn #2 - Is the scratch on Dragon Force or Night Warriors? Broken Saturn can be sold separately to make a little money. Split this lot up, seriously, just do it. You'll get the amount you're wanting that way.

Genesis lot - That's going to be a hard sale at $90. If some of those games were CIB, easily could get that. I sell Model 2 consoles with a copy of Sonic for $35 shipped. Might be $60-80 worth of games there depending on how you sell them. You might get $90 before fees/shipping if you split everything up but I personally wouldn't pay no more than $40-50 or so for a lot like that. Put the $1-5 games with the console and sell that as a bundle. Sell the more expensive titles separately.

The problem with lots is that once you get to a certain price, they only interest a handful of people (primarily merchants). Merchants (like myself) are only going to buy if they can make profit on the lot and collector's will only buy if they can, at the worst, get most of their money back after selling the items they already have. Average people are looking for a base system and maybe a few games to get them started. Take this lot that I recently bought:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170887247677

$173 for three Genesis consoles, a Sega Saturn, a Power Base Converter, a boxed 32X, and many games/accessories (some CIB's in excellent/near-mint condition). Well worth $173 but as you'll notice, I was the only bidder. Huge prices scare many people away. While your expectations are not necessarily high, they are if you want to throw everything together and call it a day.