Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Things people do with/to classic games and systems that really bothers you

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Schiggidyd View Post
    I've found some nasty Nintendo stuff..

I just repaired a console which had cat hair INSIDE IT, it looked like a cat went inside the console to die. How does it get in there?
    I opened up my N64 a few years ago, and found some dog fur inside of it. The fur belonged to my first dog as a child, who had been dead for about 10 years. I don't know how it got there either, to be honest.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
    There's a SNES that's been on eBay for months with a really fucking terrible paint job that depicts Cammy's ass over an oh-so-1990's faux stone spray paint base. They guy even had the balls to sign his creation on the bottom as if he's some sort of well known artist. On too of that, he wants like a hundred bucks for the POS. too much of that sort of thing and really any severely amateur hack job mod.
    Link? I searched eBay and found nothing

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It annoys me when people intentionally break video games. There's a guy on Youtube who destroyed a copy of Colony Wars for the PS1. He said it was a terrible game.

http://youtu.be/NhZ5lul33tQ
    Last edited by Orion Pimpdaddy; 09-01-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When people take a perfectly working cartridge or controller and turn it into a belt buckle or some other stupid shit.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSpace View Post
    When people take a perfectly working cartridge or controller and turn it into a belt buckle or some other stupid shit.
    Damn hipsters

Insert Coin (Level 0) Double Ugly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Also, stickers on consoles.

*shudder*
    I came here to say this, along with stickers on games. Makes me mad.

sega Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

3 thing that just kick me to the kurb
    1 price labels getting them of ruins the cart
    2 consoles witch is just the base not wire that kills me and the worest of all
    3 when some says its like new condion and get its it looks like its been hit by a nuke
    seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeega

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate it when idiots sell them on craigslist and say something like a ps2 is "vintage"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The biggest things that bother me are when people mod their systems and make bootlegs for it. But I should elaborate. I don't care if you want to mod your own system or make bootlegs to play. What bothers me is when I'm searching thru craigs list or Goodwill and I see a bunch of modded systems(this doesn't happen much in thrifts though but craigs list is littered with them) or bootlegs for sale. I realize that some people are actually looking for that stuff but I'm not one of them. And when I'm looking thru games at Goodwill or another thrift I would prefer that they were all legit software.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    The biggest things that bother me are when people mod their systems and make bootlegs for it. But I should elaborate. I don't care if you want to mod your own system or make bootlegs to play. What bothers me is when I'm searching thru craigs list or Goodwill and I see a bunch of modded systems(this doesn't happen much in thrifts though but craigs list is littered with them) or bootlegs for sale. I realize that some people are actually looking for that stuff but I'm not one of them. And when I'm looking thru games at Goodwill or another thrift I would prefer that they were all legit software.
    That is entirely true. I've seen a lot of those ads. Ones that say "fully loaded XBOX" Play all those old school games you missed out on..... Meh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The problem is that they're usually poorly modded by some shyster that sells bootlegs.
    I'm fine with modded systems if the mod is done right using quality parts.

Insert Coin (Level 0) SNESMaster's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BlueBomber03
    3DS Friend
    0817-4236-4184
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/plumbersdontwearties

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Yeah, I'm surprised that anyone would be confused by this practice. I don't know about these days, but back in the day of NES, SNES, and what have you, kids were frequently lending their games to friends. With so many games swapping around, it was understandable that kids or parents would want to identify what's theirs. Of course, that doesn't make it any less annoying for us buying these games used.

Anyway, I wouldn't say I'm "really bothered" by anything that people do to their games. I mean, people are entitled to do what they want with their own property. And I'm sure there are people who would take issue even with things I do. That said, there are still plenty of things that people do that I consider stupid and/or illogical. But if you want something that really bothers me, it would be the mentality behind people who treat their possessions like crap. Not because I'm so worried about the objects themselves but because I think people are spoiled and need to appreciate the things that they have. Even if you've lost interest in something, you can still respect the fact that somebody had to spend money on it, so why not keep it nice and sell or give it away to someone who hopefully would have interest in it? I also hate the idea of people being wasteful, so I don't like useable things getting thrown away. It's irresponsible to think landfills are these magical places that can accept an infinite amount of junk, which then just disappears. There's so much stuff that's constantly being manufactured, using up valuable resources, when it wouldn't need to be manufactured to such an extent if people stopped being so wasteful. Just look at the awful situation with plastic water bottles. So many go straight to landfills, which is bad enough when they could be recycled, but if more people used reusable bottles, a ton of them wouldn't need to be made in the first place. Now I'm really straying from the subject, though, so I'll leave it at that.
    Oh, I get it now. Sorry about that. I didn't realize people used to trade games that much.